Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Youchymcyouchface says it's on and I, for one, want to believe him.

Terminator

General consensus on twitter that its definitely Jadons cousin after digging through old pictures. Whether the cousin is actually in the know is up for debate.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
@7even
They will use loans to cover their Covid losses. What's the point of staying debt free when it means that you have to dismantle your squad for discount prices? It's like a baker selling his oven so he can pay the flour. And since we don't even know how much United are actually offering it's impossible to tell how much of a gamble Dortmund are taking, when they keep him for another year.

I think I've already said this before, but why is it so impossible to believe that another club might take debt at all, when you're supporting a club that has secured another €150m in loans on top of €450m net debt?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Antoine Griezmann's brother did something similar back when we were linked with him. Don't take too much out of Sancho's cousin's post.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Antoine Griezmann's brother did something similar back when we were linked with him. Don't take too much out of Sancho's cousin's post.
Isn't Griezmann's brother a Utd fan though? Might have just really wanted the transfer. This guy is saying he will have to back us :devil:

Fluctuation0161

Haha. That family practically owns the country and if you think they don’t have a stake in the largest telecommunication corporation for the entire Middle East then you’re the one sorely mistaken. So it doesn’t bother you as long as we get the money through a middleman? Whatever floats your boat I guess.
Once again, you are sorely mistaken as you can't see the difference between the club being wholly owned by a state or having a sponsorships from a company based within a state. Two completely different things. Its not rocket science.

You really must try harder. I'll try to simplify for you. Owners are different to sponsors. We were never owned by Sharp or AIG. OK? You got it? Good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Antoine himself turned his back on the transfer.

But I agree with your consensus, family posts mean little. Unless it was like AWB's family where members were just putting pictures of the training round and his contract signing up before he was announced:lol:

Fluctuation0161

To be fair the guy does have a point. STC is 70% owned by the Saudi government. So essentially we’re already taking money from the Saudis. Being owned by them would just mean we take even more money.
What proportion of Manchester United income do you think comes from that sponsorship?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Antoine himself turned his back on the transfer.

But I agree with your consensus, family posts mean little. Unless it was like AWB's family where members were just putting pictures of the training round and his contract signing up before he was announced:lol:
They mean nothing until they're actually true :smirk:

kitress

Dortmund talk a lot of shit but it's in their best interests to sell this summer. Sancho's price will not increase next season because clubs will have less money, not more. We're looking at empty stadiums next season. Clubs' finances will have been deteriorated for so long it will take time (long time) for them to go back to normal. They won't be magically awash in money just because the virus is gone (and this virus will stay around for a long time). All that means is clubs will be more prudent in spending. Even in the best of times (pre Covid), only a very very few clubs can afford a signing of 120 mil.

And given Sancho's penchant for "coming home," that limits their options even further. City won't be in for him because of their recruitment strategy (they don't do record signings). Chelsea, having spent big this season, won't do it again so soon (plus they have too many quality wingers already). Arsenal can barely scrape together 80mil pre-Covid. Liverpool don't have the finance. That leaves only United.

Dortmund will what, double his salary if he stays. That's just more bullshit talking. Yeah, good luck breaking their wage structure during the pandemic. How are they gonna explain when their other players come asking for more? Can't because of pandemic? Right.

I won't be too fussed if this deal doesn't go through. Lovely player. But we can wait next season. It's also the most distasteful thing the club can do during a pandemic -- a record signing. Normally that's some nice PR. Presently it's simply insensitive.

Fluctuation0161

Chelsea effectively signed Werner months ago, while they were still pretty much in every competition going. City signed Ake and Torres weeks before their CL game against Lyon.

We just have clowns conducting our transfer business.
Yep. This deal could have been worked on long ago.

Rajat Jain

Pretty sure a transfer of this magnitude is not unveiled by one stupid cousin. Just a ploy to get followers since he seems like a rapper.
If it happens, I am sure better sources will reveal it, fingers crossed. :p

Bwuk

Think his cousin is trolling. He replied to someone with laughing emojis.

If you search #sanchofamily on Insta, it’s clear he’s related to Sancho.

Chief123

What proportion of Manchester United income do you think comes from that sponsorship?
I’ve no idea mate. But it was just a point to note based on what @RDCR07 was saying.

I personally wouldn’t be comfortable with being owned by the Saudis from a moral point of view.

But in relation to the point, if we make 1% of our income from the Saudis or are owned by them. From a morality point of view we are still taking their money right?

You can’t be a little bit pregnant.

Jack-C20

Late on a Saturday night? Could be a drunken bit of banter, but....... it could mean something!!!

Nah probably nothing.

Chief123

Cousin gate or BS?
I’ve got absolutely no idea how much weight we should give to this....but feck it, I’m putting a shit load of weight behind this one.

We’ve had very little to go by last few days. We can work with this beautifulness!

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
6 pages until signing. I believe its tomorrow then. Sunday’s Sancho day!

LoneStar

As you can clearly see in the photo, he’s wearing a Dortmund shirt, but he didn’t crop the fellow standing above them in the United shirt.

This basically signifies his ‘step up’ from Dortmund to Manchester United. Might want to update the title now OP. Kthxbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.