Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Dead? It’s just been born mate. Fully alive and kicking!
Too many things are going against us now.

I need some muppet hope because I am *this* close to commenting suggestions in the “Sancholess Window” thread.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Read the writer. He's known for bollocks.
There's a reason why it's an exclusive...
Well if people can invest all their hopes on a random Instagram post from a distant cousin of Sancho who he doesn't even speak to, then I can do the same for a qualified journalist, no matter how low rent he might be.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well if people can invest all their hopes on a random Instagram post from a distant cousin of Sancho who he doesn't even speak to, then I can do the same for a qualified journalist, no matter how low rent he might be.
Hope we don't sign him? Nice.

Chief123

I need some muppet hope because I am *this* close to commenting suggestions in the “Sancholess Window” thread.
This is happening mate. It will blow up in th next week or so. Utd will get this done the painful way. We are too far into it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Why is it dead? Because someone in the mirror thinks we’ve given up.

If it was a leak everyone would be saying it in unison don’t give up!

This has only just begun! Embrace it.

Morpheus 7

You will know when it's over. Every paper will give the obvious brief from the club. The mirror know nothing unfortunately. Nobody knows if you United will pay up or walk yet unfortunately, this is a saga.

redshaw

Expecting the briefings to roll in soon, then we'll know for sure.
Can't see him being any cheaper next year though with two years left but clubs will know better the financial forecast and any second wave in the winter will be behind them.

GledTheRed

Seriously move on, buy Brooks, Chiesa, Depay for less than half the price and reinforce other areas if we have the budget.

We need him to agitate for a move and he isn't thus for so can't be that arsed, I have genuine concern with his attitude also.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So glad we spent all year planning it and then backing out without making a bid because we seemingly never had the sense to even see if we can afford him or would be willing to spend on him at first. Our management is a tragic when it comes to transfers.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
So glad we spent all year planning it and then backing out without making a bid because we seemingly never had the sense to even see if we can afford him or would be willing to spend on him at first. Our management is a tragic when it comes to transfers.
Come on, no one expected a fecking pandemic and its related impacts. Wouldn't complain if we pull out. No one has money and it's a fact.

bosnian_red

Come on, no one expected a fecking pandemic and its related impacts. Wouldn't complain if we pull out. No one has money and it's a fact.
Ok, the pandemic started 6 months ago. It doesn't take 1/2/3/4 months to make a signing. We're doing feck all in the transfer market right now seemingly. Its a lame excuse saying nobody has money, as we are one of only like 3 premiet league teams who haven't completed a signing yet. There's been loads of bargain deals already that would've helped us. Reality is just whats been happening every summer with Woodward. No results. Everything else is just excuses for his failings yet again. No sense of being proactive at all.

El-Manos

Ok, the pandemic started 6 months ago. It doesn't take 1/2/3/4 months to make a signing. We're doing feck all in the transfer market right now seemingly. Its a lame excuse saying nobody has money, as we are one of only like 3 premiet league teams who haven't completed a signing yet. There's been loads of bargain deals already that would've helped us. Reality is just whats been happening every summer with Woodward. No results. Everything else is just excuses for his failings yet again. No sense of being proactive at all.
Very true. I’m not getting my hopes up for next season. I feel bad for Ole.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This will get done eventually. He’s our number one target I’m certain.

bosnian_red

Problem is we will end up just getting him if anything.... we've got to fix a lot more positions.
Its fine if we get just him. He's world class and a position of need and an area with no depth. Solves a lot of issues while being a game changer who makes everyone else better. The issue is spending all this time on him (more than just this year) in terms of some form of discussions, and still nothing. Either bring him in or move on to the next target at this point. Its either a realistic signing or it isn't. We're wasting so much time and energy when we should know by now if it'll happen or not.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Problem is we will end up just getting him if anything.... we've got to fix a lot more positions.
Will be a few cheap signings here and there. Gems probably given Ole knows what he’s doing. Title charge next season. Dark horses for CL.

Flying_Heckfish

I was fairly relaxed this deal would get done, and under normal circumstances I think it would have. But if you look at the market, the only clubs signing people for big money are the oil rich or sugar daddy clubs, while everyone else is being very prudent.

Dortmund’s demands are probably unrealistic, along with the agent fees, for the current financial climate, and I support the club passing on the deal if it leaves us too exposed financially. Being long term sustainable is critical.

I’d be very surprised if this happened now.
With you on this. Pre-covid, and even up to the end of the season, I had some cofidence this and Grealish were our priorities, and they would be done pretty quickly, since it looked like we had our targets decided early and we were the only ones in the race.

In the case of Sancho, it looks less likely right now - Dortmund have set the terms, either we will pay the 120, or we won't.

There's no point following this thread for every intricacy, it isn't the usual saga for me, since it isn't up to the player. It's up to us to pay the fee. And the moment we're out, Ed will brief. The moment we're in, we'll hear in the transfer tweets that we've agreed a package.

I'm leaning towards this not happening, but the fact we haven't had a clear brief coming out around the "demands being unrealistic" or wheatever, leaves a door open.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
For a start
1) you are underestimating the financial implications of this pandemic. Doesn't matter if it started 3/4/6 months ago, no one knows how the world is going to be (let alone the footballing world)
2) Chelsea is the only team who has spent lot of money only because they are sitting on huge cash from last year and the sales.
3) agree on the bargain deals- which I have been saying as well. But in that case Sancho is a no go. I believe management wants Sancho and depending upon that we will go for others (loan or purchase)

Just relax and judge the window on October. Everything before that is a pure knee-jerk. We just don't know what's happening on the background.

FizzyWomack

Will be a few cheap signings here and there. Gems probably given Ole knows what he’s doing. Title charge next season. Dark horses for CL.
This is more like it. You forgot to add : Pogba in contention for Balon d’or?

I keep hearing people say we don’t have money to spend. We’ve got 150M to spend.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

I keep hearing people say we don’t have money to spend. We’ve got 150M to spend.
Given we are incapable of finding reasonable deals, we actually don't have much to spend.

Gasolin

We took a credit line just in case to cover the expenses if we have cash flows issues. Those 150M GBP are not some loans for player transfers.
That would be really risky.

Womp

idiot
We took a credit line just in case to cover the expenses if we have cash flows issues. Those 150M GBP are not some loans for player transfers.
That would be really risky.
Reports prior to this window suggested we had around 150m iirc. The credit line was taken out to account for the losses in matchday revenue. If we couldn't spend amounts in that region, we wouldn't have wasted our time with Sancho at all

Red_Orchestra

Dortmund just needs to give us a "Corona Discount" on Sancho and stop playing these games.
120 million euros is a bit over the top, he will be a Dortmund player for the rest of him life if they don't come down a little bit.

Womp

idiot
Dortmund just needs to give us a "Corona Discount" on Sancho and stop playing these games.
120 million euros is a bit over the top, he will be a Dortmund player for the rest of him life if they don't come down a little bit.
They don't need to give us anything. Would you sell your house for a corona discount?

Status
Not open for further replies.