Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bratt

They aren’t in Manchester. London more likely. That tweet by the barber isn’t anything of a transfer hint though other than stupidly hashtagging MUFC to get more followers
If it was, he wouldn’t need to delete it.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Confirmation of Pogba staying, Sancho's cousin and barber deleting posts linking Manchester...

Somethings happening :drool:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I have seen it, it isn’t really anything at all. It’s just a short vid of the barber doing Sancho’s haircut. But yeah him deleting it i’m not sure why he has to
Because he tagged #dortmund and #manchester

Bratt

I have seen it, it isn’t really anything at all. It’s just a short vid of the barber doing Sancho’s haircut. But yeah him deleting it i’m not sure t why he has to
Yeah, I saw it as well, and didn’t really think it was anything in it. However, when both his cousin and his barber deletes their posts, I can’t help clutching at them straws.

SATA

Because he tagged #dortmund and #manchester
Yes he did. Either he did it to gain more followers or he knew something from Sancho. Either way we are just guessing and hoping it’s the latter. Or maybe it was absolutely nothing at all and he was told to delete it to avoid conflict

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yes he did. Either he did it to gain more followers or he knew something from Sancho. Either way we are just guessing and hoping it’s the latter. Or maybe it was absolutely nothing at all and he was told to delete it to avoid conflict
Agree

Rolaholic

If only more football fans appreciated this...
They want our targets to act in a way with their clubs that they'd be sure to slaughter if it came from one of our own players :lol: :houllier:

It's in the players best interest not to kick up a fuss and burn bridges with his current club when nothing has been guaranteed in regards to a club paying up this summer. That would only make things incredibly awkward were a move not to realize itself

Pughnichi

Even if it turns out we have to wait a year, we’re clearly in negotiation with Dortmund so it’s make sense to sort a deal for next year now...so when the transfer window opens, he signs immediately

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
They want our targets to act in a way with their clubs that they'd be sure to slaughter if it came from one of our own players :lol: :houllier:

It's in the players best interest not to kick up a fuss and burn bridges with his current club when nothing has been guaranteed in regards to a club paying up this summer. That would only make things incredibly awkward were a move not to realize itself
This, when’s the last time a player came out and publically declares their interest in another team? Griezmann with us comes to mind.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Even if it turns out we have to wait a year, we’re clearly in negotiation with Dortmund so it’s make sense to sort a deal for next year now...so when the transfer window opens, he signs immediately
Noooooo!

We need this thread to hit 1000 by October :lol:

SATA

This, when’s the last time a player came out and publically declares their interest in another team? Griezmann with us comes to mind.
Rojo went on strike with Sporting to get his move here and most of the caf were delighted with it. Not to say we should condone it but yeah

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Rojo went on strike with Sporting to get his move here and most of the caf were delighted with it. Not to say we should condone it but yeah
But I don’t think he came out and said anything publically like people here are expecting Sancho to.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
From BD

CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Clearly structured and lived corporate governance is very important to Borussia Dortmund. It stands for company management and controlling that is responsible, transparent, and focused on long-term value creation. Efficient work together between the management and supervisory board, attention to shareholders' interests, and openness and transparency in corporate communication are large parts of good corporate governance.

From your latest investor presentation regarding information financial year 2019/20
The aim is to further develop the professional squad, thus creating and developing sportive competiveness as well as financial value. The primary objective is to achieve sporting successes without incurring new debt.

Focus on developing new talent and keeping key players

Investments in young players such as Giovanni Reyna (17), Erling Haaland (19), Jadon Sancho (19), Mateu Morey (20), Dan-Axel Zagadou (20) and signing high-quality players such as Julian Brandt (23), Thorgan Hazard (26), Nico Schulz (26) or Mats Hummels (31) and keeping extraordinary players like Marco Reus (30) or Axel Witsel (31);

My comments

1. Your latest information to shareholders is crystal clear.
”The primary objective is to achieve sporting successes without incurring new debt.“

Without dismiss your explanations in your posts, and I found you trustworthy, some of your comments is in direct opposite to the information that BD gives to their shareholders.

Why should I believe in you and dismiss the words from the board and your CEO?

2. Some of your executives including your CEO has a history of saying one thing to the public then do something completely different in reality. Not once. Several times. (And I perfectly understands that things can change so this is not any major criticism against BD and their executives)

Now you tell me (and others) that this time we shall totally believe in their words. Explain. When is it OK to lie and when is it the time to believe in them?

Westphalian cryptic communication or what is it that I’m missing?
Naturally they don't tell their shareholders to feck off in their financial reports. But the fact remains that due to their legal structure it's the club's leadership that has the management's fate in their hands. That being said it's also not entirely clear what constitutes the shareholder's interest in this case, e.g. as selling off players to account for losses, maybe putting some of their sporting targets (top 4, CL knockout stage) at risk, would probably cause the share prices to drop.

The first page of the quoted presentation contains a disclimer (" This presentation might contain forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions and expectations as at the date on which this presentation was prepared for the first time. They are therefore subject to risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ considerably from those described in the forward-looking statements.") and it illustrates Dortmund's normal business model, a rather conservative management style and not incurring new debt has been the mantra since their brush with bankruptcy.
However it was also Watzke, when (virtually) speaking to share holders at the presser for their 19/20 numbers, that they will deviate from their usual business model until the stadiums are full again. It was also him who said that they procured liquidity. And it was their CFO who said, while going over the numbers, that for the first time in years they have financial liabilities, which according to him was unavoidable because of Covid and will remain unavoidable until stadiums are full again.

I can understand that people dont't view Watzke as entirely trustworthy. But to me there is a big difference between ruling out a player sale in an interview, later revising that stance when said player goes on strike and just casually lying when presenting their corporate report.

Last edited:

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Remember at the beginning of the widnow, this looked like a done deal and we had muppets complaining about how we werent getting our summer saga?!

Well here we are beaches! Barbers and cousins deleting posts!

Are you not entertained!?

peridigm

Ole may not last a year if we don’t sign reinforcements. Although, I’m sure any incoming manager would take Sancho given the choice.

Josep Dowling

If the deal was dead we would have briefed that it is. Happened with Dybala and Griezmann just before the deal went south. Every single one of our mouthpiece is saying "deal is difficult but we are trying" which is exactly what I would expect a club to say.

People want it resolved in days because "x club did it in this many days" is quite dumb. Trying to negotiate the best deal that we can is important for clubs which are self sufficient. We may as well pay up the original amount but I dont think United will not trying to negotiate because some people are impatient. Our players are on holiday. What difference does it make if we sign him now? I am sure Club would have had a deadline and is working accordingly.

TL DR : Sancho is coming I believe. Have patience. If we do pull out, it would be because we were worried of long term stability of the football club. Would be disappointing but that's life.
There is nothing to negotiate. Dortmund want €120m euros. We either pay it or walk away.

K_Ash

I can only see one thing preventing us/hesitating to go after him this summer...OGS' desire to go with a DIAMOND MIDFIELD to push Paul and Bruno forward (with Rash+ Martial with Greenwood coming off the bench)...that's the only plausible explanation to NOT buying Jadon this summer (I dont buy that Glazer blocking thing)..then you would just need Grealish

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Reality is we will come short of any major trophies without this level of signing.

Im not saying sign Sancho and win League or CL, but there is no chance we do either with Mata and Lingard coming off the bench when we need a spark.

Signing Sancho allows you to rotate, Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, Sancho so one is always on the bench and you can play whoever is in form. Also forces them to kick on since right now they all know theyre locked starters.

SwedishFish

I can only see one thing preventing us/hesitating to go after him this summer...OGS' desire to go with a DIAMOND MIDFIELD to push Paul and Bruno forward (with Rash+ Martial with Greenwood coming off the bench)...that's the only plausible explanation to NOT buying Jadon this summer (I dont buy that Glazer blocking thing)..then you would just need Grealish
Diamond? He's playing 4-3-3. It's pretty obvious that's not going to change anytime soon.

laughtersassassin

I'm not buying this narrative that Sancho wants too much money. He probably wants what Rashford is in which is the exact amount he should get

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Haha. Rio just mentioned Sancho on BT.

Edit: As in '...guys like Sancho and Neymar...'

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Reality is we will come short of any major trophies without this level of signing.

Im not saying sign Sancho and win League or CL, but there is no chance we do either with Mata and Lingard coming off the bench when we need a spark.

Signing Sancho allows you to rotate, Martial, Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, Sancho so one is always on the bench and you can play whoever is in form. Also forces them to kick on since right now they all know theyre locked starters.
Lots of best teams don't have many 120m type of signing. One of the CL Finalist, and favorite to win it, don't have anyone over 50m. The current CL holder most expensive player is 80m.

Mibabalou

Lots of best teams don't have many 120m type of signing. One of the CL Finalist, and favorite to win it, don't have anyone over 50m. The current CL holder most expensive player is 80m.
And thats not what im saying, its the quality of the player not the price. If we had the front office to get the types of Coman, Perisic, Lewy, Gnabry all for a total of 30 million sure I would accept that route, but our scouting and entire front office has been shown last 10 years to be total shambles.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And thats not what im saying, its the quality of the player not the price. If we had the front office to get the types of Coman, Perisic, Lewy, Gnabry all for a total of 30 million sure I would accept that route, but our scouting and entire front office has been shown last 10 years to be total shambles.
That's true about our scouting. There are many good players outside Sancho. In fact, Dortmund doesn't go anywhere while having Sancho.
My point is, why are we fans too hang up about signing Sancho or bust? Our expectation for next season should be the same, whether we're signing Sancho or not.

Mibabalou

That's true about our scouting. There are many good players outside Sancho. In fact, Dortmund doesn't go anywhere while having Sancho.
My point is, why are we fans too hang up about signing Sancho or bust? Our expectation for next season should be the same, whether we're signing Sancho or not.
Sure and I think as Manchester United fans our expectations are always winning league and CL. Reality is next season unless we add quality and top top quality we have no chance of winning either.

DannyDee

I would say our expectations should be the same if we see the same level of investment it would take to get Sancho elsewhere. I think a marquee signing and/or depth will have an impact on what this team is capable of next year. If we don't make any significant investment in the squad, it is hard to have the same level of expectations.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I would say our expectations should be the same if we see the same level of investment it would take to get Sancho elsewhere. I think a marquee signing and/or depth will have an impact on what this team is capable of next year. If we don't make any significant investment in the squad, it is hard to have the same level of expectations.
What's your expectation next season that needs a 120m investment?

Bratt

What's this about his barber? I think I missed this?
First, Sanchos cousin posted on instagram a picture of Sancho woth his signature boots and he wrote something like "I guess I’ll have to start supporting the red devils now"
He deleted the post not long after making a new post saying he thought the blue nike jersey Sancho was wearing in the picture was a United jersey. Shortly after he made his account private.

Then Sancho’s barber posted a picture of a newly cut Sancho with the tags #dortmund and #manchester. This was also deleted shortly after.

Some think this means they were both told by united guys or Sanchos guys to delete these posts as they were leaking info that should not yet be out.

Coops73

First, Sanchos cousin posted on instagram a picture of Sancho woth his signature boots and he wrote something like "I guess I’ll have to start supporting the red devils now"
He deleted the post not long after making a new post saying he thought the blue nike jersey Sancho was wearing in the picture was a United jersey. Shortly after he made his account private.

Then Sancho’s barber posted a picture of a newly cut Sancho with the tags #dortmund and #manchester. This was also deleted shortly after.

Some think this means they were both told by united guys or Sanchos guys to delete these posts as they were leaking info that should not yet be out.
But it all probably means feck all.

Status
Not open for further replies.