Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himannv

Recently stumbled across this guy on Twitter, he instantly became my go to for “ITK” hope
Just checked his tweets. All United news and somewhat positive about Sancho and Upamecano, although he's getting his news from United side from the looks of it, while the likes of Falk are getting the news from Germany.

treble_winner

It's the former, Sancho is the number 1 priority, VDB wouldn't be signed if Sancho wasn't coming.

The Pogba year (as per Wikipedia):

DatePos.NameFromFee
6 June 2016DFEric BaillyVillarrealUndisclosed[nb 1]
1 July 2016FWZlatan IbrahimovićParis Saint-GermainFree[20]
6 July 2016MFHenrikh MkhitaryanBorussia DortmundUndisclosed[nb 2]
9 August 2016MFPaul PogbaJuventus£89m[22][23]

Pogba is the marquee signing with the other players that worked within the budget were signed, Bailly and Mkhitaryan.

The Lukaku year (as per Wikipedia):

DatePos.NameFromFee
1 July 2017DFVictor LindelöfBenficaUndisclosed[nb 2][30]
10 July 2017FWRomelu LukakuEvertonUndisclosed[nb 3][32]
31 July 2017MFNemanja MatićChelseaUndisclosed[nb 4][34]

Removed Sanchez from the list as it was a January transfer, Lindelof again was the squad player at the time, Lukaku was the marquee signing, Matic came after because was available at the right price.

Last year it was (as per wikipedia):

DatePos.NameFromFeeRef.
12 June 2019MFDaniel JamesSwansea CityUndisclosed[f][103]
29 June 2019DFAaron Wan-BissakaCrystal PalaceUndisclosed[g][105]
5 August 2019DFHarry MaguireLeicester CityUndisclosed[h][107]

They were interested in Maguire first and foremost, the big transfer. Which meant he was last, the board allocated funds for 'a wildcard, potential' in James, a 'certainty' in Wan-bissaka, and the 'marquee' signing in Maguire.

Parallels to this summer, United know what they have to spend for Sancho, there is some form of agreement, so they secured VDB, they are looking at a CB and at moving on players, Sancho will be the last signing of the window.

United only sign the players before IF the budget is right, they have the money for Sancho ready.

This summer so far and potential window:

DatePos.NameFromFeeRef.
2 September 2020MFDonny van de BeekAjaxUndisclosed[a][3]
Some Date in SeptemberDFWho Knows When
Some Date in SeptemberFWSancho (?) Marquee Signing
What if we decide to sign cheap David Brooks for RW and Upamecano became our marquee signing this summer instead?

RkkMan

Glad a lot of people here are coming round to what some of us have been saying all along. Utd may be idiots at times but if this was a deal that was utterly and completely out of their reach they wouldn`t drag this out unnecessarily for all this time and they`d have publicly declared their stance that they`ve walked by now. Fact that there is now talk of "movement" being made to sort out agent fees and the transfer fee not being an obstacle anymore(as per James Cooper yesterday) is encouraging signs we`ll go full speed ahead with this deal. Still positive it will get done but it will be our last signing in my opinion this and VDB takes our spending close to the usual 150m and we just aren`t spending beyond that during a pandemic

Reactions: Sultan

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Glad a lot of people here are coming round to what some of us have been saying all along. Utd may be idiots at times but if this was a deal that was utterly and completely out of their reach they wouldn`t drag this out unnecessarily for all this time and they`d have publicly declared their stance that they`ve walked by now. Fact that there is now talk of "movement" being made to sort out agent fees and the transfer fee not being an obstacle anymore(as per James Cooper yesterday) is encouraging signs we`ll go full speed ahead with this deal. Still positive it will get done but it will be our last signing in my opinion this and VDB takes our spending close to the usual 150m and we just aren`t spending beyond that during a pandemic
United need to give the players at least a week to get settled and integrate with the squad, the first game is on the 19th September, they need all the deals done in the next 7 days ideally.

RkkMan

United need to give the players at least a week to get settled and integrate with the squad, the first game is on the 19th September, they need all the deals done in the next 7 days ideally.
Almost all our record deals are usually done just before the start of the season or slightly after the season starts Di Maria, Pogba and Maguire being good examples so this one won`t drag till deadline day or close to deadline day IMO

Stevondo8

So basically unless we offer what BD 120m we won't be getting him yet....

Genius
Well I think we all knew that anyway, but at least this guy makes it sound like the deal is more likely than not, whilst others just frame it as “no movement, we’ll see”

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think we'll be concentrating on offloading a few squad members for the time being. Bring in a few decent fee's and then return with a official bid.

Similiar to how we finally brought Maguire to the club,largely due to offloading Lukaku to Inter. Obviously we wont be making 60 million + but we should be making enough to chip away at the reported fee of 120 million.

Patience.

EwanI Ted

From a footballing perspective, absolutely. But the Board will be less bothered about that than Ole.

El-Manos

I can see us sign a CB too once Jones & Smalling depart. But yes, that will be it. Can’t see Upa coming this summer, he’ll be too costly.

Abdullah7

I think we'll be concentrating on offloading a few squad members for the time being. Bring in a few decent fee's and then return with a official bid.

Similiar to how we finally brought Maguire to the club,largely due to offloading Lukaku to Inter. Obviously we wont be making 60 million + but we should be making enough to chip away at the reported fee of 120 million.

Patience.
Maguire was bought before we sold Lukaku due to Juve's new offer. it took more time but worked in our favour eventually as Inter upped their bid.

But I agree with you that many need to relax and be a little patient. This whole thing remindes me a lot of Pogba's saga. it matches in every detail and we know how Pogba's deal panned out. I bet this we'll be wrapped up before the start of the EPL. Dealing with stingy clubs like BvB or juve will frustrate any buyer as they'll refuse to pay the agent fees. In top of that they will demand a ridiculous price and a lot of the cash upfront. If it was a little deal, yeah you could just over pay and don't feel bad about overspending. However, when it reaches to these figures that we are hearing then the club have every right to play every trick in the book to lower the price down.

and happy Sancho day to every BvB out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

red thru&thru

I reckon Ole should start with the same 11 that we ended with (swap Brandon for Shaw and Fred for Matic). Then have the new signings fight for their position. Make them earn it. It wall depend on fitness as well I guess as, Sancho has played a few games already and Mason and Martial should have had as well, if they get on the pitch for their national teams.

RkkMan

I can see us sign a CB too once Jones & Smalling depart. But yes, that will be it. Can’t see Upa coming this summer, he’ll be too costly.
If we do get a CB it will be a cheap Andy Robertson esque signing I can`t see us spending big on a CB and Cooper already ruled out Upa yesterday and Badiashile/Torres are too raw and expensive I can`t see Utd gambling with them so interested to see what we`ll do there. Maybe we`ll sign a cheap LB instead of a CB

El-Manos

If we do get a CB it will be a cheap Andy Robertson esque signing I can`t see us spending big on a CB and Cooper already ruled out Upa yesterday and Badiashile/Torres are too raw and expensive I can`t see Utd gambling with them so interested to see what we`ll do there. Maybe we`ll sign a cheap LB instead of a CB
Where did he say this actually? If you have a link handy that would be great.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We'll have to drop down a division to get one. Robertson was 8m three years ago, so yes cheap by today's standards. But if Utd come calling expect that to be 3x as much now.

There aren't many 22/23 year old CBs out there that your going to get under 25m, and I can see persevering with what we have and give time to Mengi and possibly Bernard who both look quality

RkkMan

Where did he say this actually? If you have a link handy that would be great.
I`m not allowed to post media yet but its on Twitter just go search "James Cooper" and "Upamecano" and you`ll find it

RkkMan

We'll have to drop down a division to get one. Robertson was 8m three years ago, so yes cheap by today's standards. But if Utd come calling expect that to be 3x as much now.

There aren't many 22/23 year old CBs out there that your going to get under 25m, and I can see persevering with what we have and give time to Mengi and possibly Bernard who both look quality
Good points and as I said its why I think Sancho will be our last buy. Maybe we get a cheap LB instead of a CB as I struggle to see who else Utd will want in that position

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
£50 million agent fee? Even mortgage brokers and estate agents only charge 1-2% and that’s bad enough! £50 million Is what 46-47% Of the value of the transfer? The agent needs repeatedly kicking in the balls if this figure is real.

The Red Thinker

True... but what if we were to ship Smalling, Lingard, Perriera, Dalot (reluctantly, I want him to stay) and we brought in revenue as well as cleared up the wage bill? I think we might dive for a CB if the deal is good enough.

laughtersassassin

Almost all our record deals are usually done just before the start of the season or slightly after the season starts Di Maria, Pogba and Maguire being good examples so this one won`t drag till deadline day or close to deadline day IMO
They are usually done before the season starts though. Deadline day is after like 3 games

Chief123

I wouldn’t bank on this knowing Utd. I would not be surprised at all if this is a deadline day signing. Our transfers are never ideal.

It’s not the worst situation in the world to have to start with Greenwood and then introduce Sancho a few games into the season. Greenwood is more than good enough to fill that position for now.

passing-wind

Sancho himself should also be questioned if the £50m agents fee is accurate.
I really don't believe this notion. Supposedly the transfer for Pogba included Raiolas comission not a separate commodity. The way the information is being portrayed is that Dortmund want 120 mill and the agent wants 50 mill on top of that totalling 170. Sounds like total garbage and there's one thing for sure if it was true Sancho isn't leaving Dortmund until 2023 because no one will cater to those demands.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I really don't believe this notion. Supposedly the transfer for Pogba included Raiolas comission not a separate commodity. The way the information is being portrayed is that Dortmund want 120 mill and the agent wants 50 mill on top of that totalling 170. Sounds like total garbage and there's one thing for sure if it was true Sancho isn't leaving Dortmund until 2023 because no one will cater to those demands.
No way that is true. But if it is, then maybe Dortmund want 120 because they need to pay agent. It is between clubs who will pay agent. Juve for example payed Raiola, not United. We gave them 100 mil and then they payed agent from that fee. So they got around 70 mil for Pogba

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The Pogba deal was also a bonus I believe, IF Raiola brought in Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Mhkitaryan.

So the fee in that case was purely to get all 3 in the door, meaning the Agents fee would have been around £10M per transfer.

Godfather

One of the most boring sagas I can remember. No flight radar, no tapping up from our players, no proper news for weeks and still this thread somehow grows bigger and bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.