g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

This is obvious bullshit as nobody is working on site at Old Trafford (bar security) until the end of the month. All teams are working remotely from home.
What convinced me its bullshit is the fact it says "Welcome to Manchester". That is such a City thing to do plus we wouldn't use the same crap line they used for Tevez.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
I do get it, but you cannot say there isnt anything to do with self promotion too.

I do watch it sometimes and I do find some of the content on the channel quite refreshing with different views in comparison to other fan channels. I have seen other channels and I do find the United stand alot more fan opinion based than others. Credit to him for driving that.

Anyway this is a Sancho thread and I won't care about anything or anyone if he signs. I will just be happy.
Definitely agree on that. Will be absolutely buzzing if we get him!

crossy1686

career ending
I mean 1, I do not believe this for a second. BUT the guy does say it was on his managers laptop and a few friends who’ve started jobs recently have met up with their managers a few times to work either in office but distanced or at some hot desking places. It’s very hard to onboard interns without seeing them in person
It’s not true because there’s no way we’d be fecking small time enough to sign a player that used to play for City and use their own marketing campaign to reference they even exist.

peridigm

Every football thread on here is like this :lol:
Every community thread anywhere is like this.

Basic cycle of any online community.
New person joins and posts.
Veterans slaughter the noob for a creating a repetitive post and tell them to use the fecking search.
Noob searches next time and finds a thread that is 8 years old and writes a reply.
Veterans slaughter the noob for posting to an old thread and tell them to start a new thread.

starman

Hopefully Harvetz fee being cheaper than expected make Dortmund re-evaluate their demands for Sancho. The BBC are reporting 71m including add-ons.

In comparison, maybe 90m including add-ons would be enough for Dortmund not to turn down...

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Hopefully his Harvetz's cheaper than expected price make Dortmund re-evaluate their demands for Sancho. The BBC are reporting 71m including add-ons.

In comparison, maybe 90m including add-ons would be enough for Dortmund not to turn down...
Take no notice of the BBC, they'd report it as £200m if it was us that bought him.

swedishgloryhunter

Hopefully Harvetz fee being cheaper than expected make Dortmund re-evaluate their demands for Sancho. The BBC are reporting 71m including add-ons.

Ive seen so many posters write just that, why would dortmund do that? They have no need to sell. Its like going to a store and telling them "well the candy bar in that other store is much cheaper so you need to lower your price". Its supply and demand. Dortmund wants this amount of money, pay it or they dont sell.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Ive seen so many posters write just that, why would dortmund do that? They have no need to sell. Its like going to a store and telling them "well the candy bar in that other store is much cheaper so you need to lower your price". Its supply and demand. Dortmund wants this amount of money, pay it or they dont sell.
Tbf, don't Tesco, Asda, Morrisons etc. do precisely that? :lol:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I have a feeling some major news about this deal is going to break tonight

swedishgloryhunter

Tbf, don't Tesco, Asda, Morrisons etc. do precisely that? :lol:
Nice, so i can walk in to those stores and just pay whatever i feel the value of the item is? Fyi im swedish so never been in those stores. Im going by what i know. Maybe the comparison was bad but i just don't understand why a club should lower the price just because someone else sells another player cheaper. They are not even on the same level.

starman

So stores never over price things and than do sales to off load goods? Hence, as you mentioned, supply and demand...

Theres also another aspect of operational costs:

German soccer giants Borussia Dortmund have posted a loss of €43.9 million (US$52.2 million) for the 2019/20 financial year, largely due to lost matchday revenue during the coronavirus lockdown.

Dortmund, who finished runners-up in the Bundesliga last season to Bayern Munich, were heavily hit by being unable to host fans at their 81,000-capacity Signal Iduna Park as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, resulting in a major decrease on the €17.4 million (US$20.7 million) profit they were able to make in 2018/19.

The accounts also revealed that Dortmund’s consolidated earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (Ebitda) amounted to €63 million (US$75.2 million), €53 million (US$63.2 million) less than the club posted last year.

The club’s consolidated revenues also stagnated at €370.2 million (US$441 million), which is almost identical to the €370.3million they posted in 2018/19.

Revenue from TV rights, the club’s main source of income, increased by 1.4 per cent to €169.8 million (US$202 million). Sponsorship revenue was also up to €98 million (US$117 million), a 1.2 per cent year-on-year increase. Even events and catering income from Signal Iduna Park was up 16.1 per cent, generating €36.6 million (US$43.6 million).

Hans-Joachim Watzke, Dortmund's chief executive, blamed the hit to the club's finances on lost ticket sales and matchday revenue, including advertising and hospitality income.

The financial statement confirms that assertion with matchday-related business suffering the most. The club reported revenues of €32.5 million (US$38.8 million) for that sector, marking a 27.2 per cent decrease on last year’s efforts. Perhaps frustratingly, merchandise sales actually increased by 11 per cent to €33.3 million (US$39.7 million), suggesting further growth in that department was missed with the club unable to play their final five home games with anyone in attendance.

"Of course, we are all poking around in the dark a bit as long as there is no spectator income," said Watzke.

The club’s transfer business was also reduced, with a net transfer income of €40.2 million (US$47.9 million), less than half of what Dortmund brought in the season before. Personnel spending also increased by 4.9 per cent, to €215.2 million (US256 million).

The figures above represent Dortmund’s calculated finances in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), but in separate financial statements prepared in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB), the club reported a net loss for the year of €49.7 million (US$59.3 million) and confirmed they will not issue a shareholder dividend for the most recent financial year.

However, Watzke said Dortmund have the financial resources to weather the pandemic, benefitting from operating “very conservatively" in past seasons.

"We have succeeded in generating such a high level of assets that we can withstand this pandemic for a very long time," Watzke added.

swedishgloryhunter

So stores never over price things and than do sales to off load goods? Hence, as you mentioned, supply and demand...

Theres also another aspect of operational costs:

No that is true, however i dont see dortmund having many superstar rw. So they have no need to sell as their finances are fine. The restrictions are getting fewer so fans will soon return and so will the revenue.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

Think you clutching at straws there, If the money Dortmund want isn't offered they will just wait till next year.

laughtersassassin

We gonna look real pathetic if we don't get this over the line. Wont be giving Ole much hope of maintaining third and closing the gap too

lsd

The Oracle
It's not happening, is it? :(

It never was happening . Of all the huge transfer threads this one was based on nothing and just full of endless nonsensical posts with no reality of it ever happening

Status
Not open for further replies.