Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

It never was happening . Of all the huge transfer threads this one was based on nothing and just full of endless nonsensical posts with no reality of it ever happening
What are you on about? Even the BBC have confirmed our interest and additionally declared he’s our top target.

Last edited:

Bondi77

Chelsea SIGN Havertz for 70mil and Dortmund want to rinse us for over a hundred??
They are comparable talents and the price should be the same.

el3mel

Lack of concrete progress is just annoying. Other big signings like Pogba there was something to see and read nearly every day even stupid rumors. This one has been so dead it's just not fun to follow anymore. The only updates we got is from some ITK that's all.

Womp

idiot
Chelsea SIGN Havertz for 70mil and Dortmund want to rinse us for over a hundred??
They can value him at whatever the feck they want, they don't have to sell. This is such a ridiculous argument to me. Would you sell your house for less than you value because you your friend has sold his house for cheaper?

Womp

idiot
Lack of concrete progress is just annoying. Other big signings like Pogba there was something to see and read nearly every day even stupid rumors. This one has been so dead it's just not fun to follow anymore. The only updates we got is from some ITK that's all.
The only updates we are getting are negative, you could argue. Them having unrealistic wage demands etc. Almost as if we are posturing, making it look like it wasn't due to lack of trying that the deal didn't go through.

This will be done if we pay what they want, but I'm not so sure we will/can. It's a reasonable price for a player of his quality, but it's also reasonable for us to be cautious in this current market. Once the season starts, if he hasn't signed, I don't think he will. The club wouldn't want something so big hanging over our heads when we should be focusing on the football. A bad game or two and all the media would be lapping up about how it woulda been different had Sancho signed etc.

Last edited:

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
They can value him at whatever the feck they want, they don't have to sell. This is such a ridiculous argument to me. Would you sell your house for less than you value because you your friend has sold his house for cheaper?
Ummm, yes, that's what comps are for. I mean, if you truly want to sell, then you're going to have to get your asking price in line with comparable houses, but yeah, if you have no interest at all to sell, then I suppose you can float a ridiculous price out there. IMO, I think Dortmund actually want to sell and that they know Sancho truly wants to leave...in spite of what they have said as of late, Sancho and the club have been butting heads too much for their not to be some smoke.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What a bullshit argument, as already explained by someone else. But just to add, Leverkusen don't even have Champions League football to offer Havertz. How is this comparable?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We gonna look real pathetic if we don't get this over the line. Wont be giving Ole much hope of maintaining third and closing the gap too
It's over £100m.

Not pulling that off is in no way pathetic, but instead, actually totally understandable.

DCP

It is a big holiday weekend in the US, so the prophecy of announcing Sancho on the 7th is not in the cards. We must keep faith.
I don’t think we will sign him this weekend but why would a holiday weekend in the US effect things?

Chief123

It's not happening, is it? :(
We gonna look real pathetic if we don't get this over the line. Wont be giving Ole much hope of maintaining third and closing the gap too
It never was happening . Of all the huge transfer threads this one was based on nothing and just full of endless nonsensical posts with no reality of it ever happening
Flipping heck lads. You lose your shit if we don’t have an update for more than 1 hour. You’re not going to get a tweet every minute to provide comfort.

This is most certainly on and has positive movements in the last 48 hours than we’ve had for weeks.

Have some patience. We are bringing Sancho to old trafford!

RkkMan

It's over £100m.

Not pulling that off is in no way pathetic, but instead, actually totally understandable.
I bet it will also be understandable when we end up with some scrub like Brooks as his alternative, we end up having another underwhelming summer whenever we get CL football, another season outside the top 4 and Sancho joining another team and thriving as we keep licking our wounds why we didn`t just get him when we had the chance

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I don’t think we will sign him this weekend but why would a holiday weekend in the US effect things?
Joel G will be ignoring calls while out on a yacht somewhere, plus everything is closed on Monday: a poor time to make a huge announcement.

Chief123

Nonsense point. Bayer Leverkusen are not Dortmund.

Bayer have a player who clearly stated he wants to leave.

Sancho is not desperate to leave even though he would like to come to Utd.

Dortmund can ask for whatever they want. If we don’t want to pay they will keep him. They aren’t going to change the price because some mid table team has sold someone cheaper.

Likewise you could use your same argument and say we are getting Sancho for a bargain because Dembele went for £140m and Neymar went for over £150m.

Womp

idiot
Ummm, yes, that's what comps are for. I mean, if you truly want to sell, then you're going to have to get your asking price in line with comparable houses, but yeah, if you have no interest at all to sell, then I suppose you can float a ridiculous price out there. IMO, I think Dortmund actually want to sell and that they know Sancho truly wants to leave...in spite of what they have said as of late, Sancho and the club have been butting heads too much for their not to be some smoke.
None of that applies, because they don't have a pressing need to sell at all. He has a 3 year contract, they may lose out a little bit if they were to sell him next season, but it wouldn't be far off, especially if the conditions improved as a result of the pandemic. Not to add the added revenue, intrigue and competitiveness he'd bring to the club for that season.

They have a set price, we either pay it, or we don't. What price other players are going for have feck all importance to a club who won't give a shite as they don't need to sell. Especially when that other club's player forced through a move, that club couldn't offer that player CL football and that club isn't nearly as stable financially as Dortmund are. It's in no way comparable. This ridiculous argument needs to stop as it's been peddled on here for weeks by a few people.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What, even my posts?

Ouch, dude. Very ouch.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Based on nothing but the dortmund bosses Zorc and Watzke talked about it non stop :lol: you just chose not to believe it

Stretender

No we are not going to look pathetic. Do Chelsea look Pathetic for their 89 million pounds spending on Harvetz? We can spend 200 million pounds on a player if that justified it. Watch Sancho against Iceland tomorrow and tell us why we should pay 120 million for him. Get a grip boy!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
No we are not going to look pathetic. Do Chelsea look Pathetic for their 89 million pounds spending on Harvetz? We can spend 200 million pounds on a player if that justified it. Watch Sancho against Iceland tomorrow and tell us why we should pay 120 million for him. Get a grip boy!
He says "if we dont get him"

Juanuzayne

Erm. Recent Instagram update: “Ready to go!” with Foden and Sterling. You got the wrong Manchester team pal.

laughtersassassin

Think it's you who hasnt watched him boy. Literally everything about him justified his price.

Chief123

You don’t think Sancho is worth £108m? How have you come to that conclusion?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
How much money has the Russian bunged under the negotiation table though?

Bondi77

Well we end our interest then and put this crap to bed.

oz insomniac

How much money has the Russian bunged under the negotiation table though?
Well, there is a subtle difference between an owner that puts money into a club and an owner that takes money out of a club. Particularly if you used the club as security so there was no personal financial outlay initially.

Bondi77

What a bullshit argument, as already explained by someone else. But just to add, Leverkusen don't even have Champions League football to offer Havertz. How is this comparable?
They are comparable talents and that is what the buying club are getting!
What is so hard to understand?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Well, there is a subtle difference between an owner that puts money into a club and an owner that takes money out of a club. Particularly if you used the club as security so there was no personal financial outlay initially.
Oh I know mate, don’t even get me started on those bastards :D

macheda14

They are comparable talents and that is what the buying club are getting!
What is so hard to understand?
But Dortmund don’t want to sell nor need to sell nor the player hasn’t vocally expressed a desire to leave. So it doesn’t matter if they’re comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.