Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That'd be a big nice feck you to Greenwood and Gomes.
Well Greenwood isn't a winger, he's going to be a number 9.

Gomes yes, but we need more than one 10 ideally. Maddison and Gomes can both play as CM also. With a proper CDM behind them they would work similar to hold KDB + Silva do.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He will, but being English you'd wager he'd fancy the Premier League above all else.

City... would he fancy going back or would he prefer to join a rival?
English or not, 99% of players would pick Real or Barca over a PL team. Hopefully they stay clear because I think we'd have a great shot given his history with City.

Oh well that's me told then :rolleyes:

You really think Sancho would pick us over Real? Bale certainly didn't.
Sancho... I don't know him so I've no idea. If it was Summer 2019, he'd defo chose Real. If he was choosing between Liverpool, Man City or Madrid though, I'd wager he'd probably choose one of the English clubs, because the majority of players in the big leagues choose the league of their nationality.

Bale really wanted Madrid, but if anything, he's the exception rather than the rule.

Vierra, De Rossi, Ashley Cole, Pogba, David Silva, Totti, Neymar, Fabregas are all players Madrid tried unsuccessfully to sign.

Barca literally just missed out on De Ligt.

Massive Spanner

Sancho... I don't know him so I've no idea. If it was Summer 2019, he'd defo chose Real. If he was choosing between Liverpool, Man City or Madrid though, I'd wager he'd probably choose one of the English clubs, because the majority of players in the big leagues choose the league of their nationality.

Bale really wanted Madrid, but if anything, he's the exception rather than the rule.
Liverpool, no way. City with Guardiola at the helm, possibly, they're certainly the most attractive English club to players right now, as sad as that is.

But Real are Real, they're comfortably the world's most lucrative club, closely followed by Barca. Regardless of nationality, most players want to go there at some point. Most English players stay in England, Germans in Germany etc. by default because the clubs there know them best, but if Real want a high profile player from those countries they usually get them. Ozil and Kroos being prime examples from Germany, Bale from the UK.

Liverpool, no way. City with Guardiola at the helm, possibly, they're certainly the most attractive English club to players right now, as sad as that is.

But Real are Real, they're comfortably the world's most lucrative club, closely followed by Barca. Regardless of nationality, most players want to go there at some point. Most English players stay in England, Germans in Germany etc. by default because the clubs there know them best, but if Real want a high profile player from those countries they usually get them. Ozil and Kroos being prime examples from Germany, Bale from the UK.
Totti and De Rossi though....

Try telling me Madrid wouldn't have bitten United's hand off for Giggs or Scholes, or Bayern's for Schweinsteiger or Lahm. Absolutely tripe.

Massive Spanner

Try telling me Madrid wouldn't have bitten United's hand off for Giggs or Scholes, or Bayern's for Schweinsteiger or Lahm. Absolutely tripe.
Oh please, they were all academy players at the biggest clubs in their respective countries at the time, ridiculously extreme examples to try and prove your point. We never would've sold either Scholes or Giggs to Real.

Anyway it's all opinion at the end of the day. Personally I don't think any player would choose anyone other than Real if they came knocking, but we'll see.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
No they wouldn't, absolutely not. Most English players pick the top English clubs, most German's pick Bayern, most Italiens Juve.

That "stat" comment is pure drivel.
Agreed, I've spent my entire life in England and I can count on one hand the amount of lads I know who grew up dreaming of Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Anyway it's all opinion at the end of the day. Personally I don't think any player would choose anyone other than Real if they came knocking, but we'll see.
You’ve removed Barca now I see because De Ligt literally did just that.

Pogba chose United over Real just a few years back. David Silva and Ashley Cole turned down Madrid.

Just because Madrid often go all in for a full media fan fare when they know a player wants to join them, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen all the time that the agents of the likes of Aguero, Ribery, Silva, De Bryune don’t tell them “he’s happy and not interested”.

And don’t tell me Madrid didn’t want Frankie this Summer, because that’s just pish talk.

Massive Spanner

You’ve removed Barca now I see because De Ligt literally did just that.

Pogba chose United over Real just a few years back. David Silva and Ashley Cole turned down Madrid.

Just because Madrid often go all in for a full media fan fare when they know a player wants to join them, doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen all the time that the agents of the likes of Aguero, Ribery, Silva, De Bryune don’t tell them “he’s happy and not interested”.

And don’t tell me Madrid didn’t want Frankie this Summer, because that’s just pish talk.
De Ligt is a fair point, forgot about him. Though wasn't that mostly about Barca stalling over the fee and wages because they didn't have the money after Griezmann? Don't think Pogba was ever confirmed either, all rumours. And he wants to go there now anyway. For every Pogba there's also a Bale, Hazard, Ronaldo, Owen etc.

Besides, we were talking about British players, I said 99% of them would choose Real over a British team, maybe that was extreme but I do think it's a large majority.

Revan

Assumptionman
When do Real or Barca ever miss out on a player they want, once they put up the money?

Very, very rarely.
All top English players played in England. Let's not pretend that Barça and Real didn't want any of Cole, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Rooney.

Owen, Beckham and Bale (yes, I know that he is from Wales) have been the exceptions and in Beckham's case, only after SAF had enough of him.

Massive Spanner

All top English players played in England. Let's not pretend that Barça and Real didn't want any of Cole, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes and Rooney.

Owen, Beckham and Bale (yes, I know that he is from Wales) have been the exceptions and in Beckham's case, only after SAF had enough of him.
Why do we need to pretend? They were never linked with any of them :lol:

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Hmm.... https://en.as.com/en/2018/05/22/football/1526984792_769061.html

Madrid not linked to KDB or Frankie De Jong either, of course they didn't want them.

You've simply fallen hook line and sinker for the Madrid propaganda. Tonnes of absolutely amazing World Class players have never played for Madrid, but now I know why... Madrid never wanted them.
That article says Pool rejected the offer, not Gerrard, and also states how Alonso chose them over Pool!

I haven't fallen for anything, I'd say it's more so I'm not deluded enough to think Sancho would choose us over Real if they came in with an identical offer.

I've taken this wildly off topic though so I won't post anymore on it.

That article says Pool rejected the offer, not Gerrard, and also states how Alonso chose them over Pool!

I haven't fallen for anything, I'd say it's more so I'm not deluded enough to think Sancho would choose us over Real if they came in with an identical offer.
I agreed with you man, this Summer you'd be extremely naive to think he'd chose United over Real. Summer 2012 though, who knows... I certainly don't.

For what it's worth, Alonso left Pool cause Benitez tried to flog him and replace him with Gareth Barry, we all know that. Gerrard they wanted on two occasions but didn't get him.

But of course you've fallen for it, think of the ridiculous number of World Class players that haven't played for Madrid. Do you really think that's simply because Madrid didn't want them? Come on man, surely you realise the idea is laughable and has been perpetuated by Madrid propaganda and a few high profile signings?

I'll say it again to bring us back on track, on an almost level playing field footing football wise, manager wise and wage wise, Jadon Sancho could choose Barca, Madrid, Man City, Juve, United, Bayern, Liverpool, Chelsea.... I have absolutely no idea which he'd chose because I don't know what he values most. I imagine though, he like most English players would chose the Premier League over La Liga. And something I do know for certain is the idea he'd defo chose Madrid is as daft as the idea that De Ligt would defo chose Barca this Summer.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ashley Cole did? And Silva didn't, it's City that refused to sell

Ribery and Silva were very interested when we went for them, their clubs refused to sell. Aguero was more ambivalent, interested but not too arsed. We've never been in for KDB

You mean last january? We didn't want him enough to stamp up the cash. And he choose Barcelona
Only one we really wanted out of those was Gerrard

You've simply fallen hook line and sinker for the Madrid propaganda. Tonnes of absolutely amazing World Class players have never played for Madrid, but now I know why... Madrid never wanted them.
Football's only played by 11 guys at a time...

Mind, i agree with your argument. British player mighy very well prefer an english club over us. But most importantly, he'd probably take the best offer. Which may or may not be ours

Mind, i agree with your argument. British player might very well prefer an english club over us. But most importantly, he'd probably take the best offer. Which may or may not be ours
Which is my only point in fairness.

We all know the vast majority of players see Madrid or Barca as the "top of the game", but that absolutely isn't true for Italiens, English or Germans, and as De Ligt proved, it's not always the case for other nationalities either.

Jadon Sancho, I imagine as you say, he'll surely chose the club with chances of competing for top trophies and the best offer, with the Premier League possibly being a large pull for him due to being English.

JB7

Saw a quote from Moratti a few years back that Inter wanted to pay over £30m for Scholes in 2000 and Scholes told him if he wanted him to play for him he'd have to buy Manchester United :lol:

Bestietom

Why do people think we will sign Jadon Sancho, and if he would come here. Firstly he would cost a fortune and secondly all the big clubs would be in for him.

Why do people think we will sign Jadon Sancho, and if he would come here. Firstly he would cost a fortune and secondly all the big clubs would be in for him.
Why did people think Paul Pogba would leave Juventus for a United team that had just finished 5th when all the big clubs were in for him?

It's been widely reported that Sancho has shown some interest. But as De Ligt to Juve (rather than Barca) proved, we can't predict anything as we don't know what clubs will be willing to meet Dortmund's asking price, his agent demands, his wage demands, and we certainly don't know which league or teams he prefers do we?

Bestietom

Why did people think Paul Pogba would leave Juventus for a United team that had just finished 5th when all the big clubs were in for him?

It's been widely reported that Sancho has shown some interest. But as De Ligt to Juve (rather than Barca) proved, we can't predict anything as we don't know what clubs will be willing to meet Dortmund's asking price, his agent demands, his wage demands, and we certainly don't know which league or teams he prefers do we?
Pogba wanted to come back for "unfinished Business" as he called it. He was here as a young lad and got the taste. Sancho was never here so he would not be missing anything.

RkkMan

He's an English superstar we'd have no problem paying a premium fee for him
And the "All the big clubs would want him" is hyperbole. At best you're only looking at Chelsea who may not have CL football and City if they sell Sane

PSG/Madrid/Barca already have world class attackers and unlikely he'd want to join Bayern out of respect for BVB and wanting to play in a different league

Last edited by a moderator:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Pogba wanted to come back for "unfinished Business" as he called it. He was here as a young lad and got the taste. Sancho was never here so he would not be missing anything.
Well he has unfinished business with city. What's better than joining their cross town rivals and helping them win titles? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.