g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Took off after 60mins. Do we read into this?
Yes, further proof Southgate is useless. Playing about 7 DM’s and takes off one of his only attackers where they’ve created nothing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Had two very mediocre appearances for England in this Nations league but England have been pretty shit all round.
I don’t think that’s hugely mitigating. Surely he’s can influence a game without the need to rely on his teammates? He got on the ball plenty of times but offered zero output after.

Jack-C20

Had two very mediocre appearances for England in this Nations league but England have been pretty shit all round.
Must admit this game is the most I’ve watched him and he didn’t do much. As you say though, everyone has been crap. Kane, Sterling and TAA haven’t done anything either so I’m not reading into it at all. Still on full muppet mode.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Don't be silly, Woody is a Liverpool employee.

That's the PR Woody will be going with, yes. And he may get away with it if everyone bought it the way you do.

Spurs have spent ~50m, City are on ~30m with Koulibaly yet to come, Leeds have spent ~60m, Everton ~45m and more to come, Chelsea have spent ~150m already (they signed Kovacic and Pulisic from last year's budget before you give me a transfer ban excuse).

All of them are affected by similar constraints, all of them rake in less revenue than United and most of them have a higher transfer fee to income ratio this season than United do.

Ambitious clubs take the initiative when they see an opportunity to get ahead. I think Ole would rather have Sancho now if it means a quiet window next summer, because this opportunity to sign a top top player doesn't usually present itself to modern day United (since SAF, Pogba is the only world class signing we made where we had to compete with other clubs for a signature).

You can listen to excuses and be content that we let another golden chance to stay at the top slip away or you can hold people accountable to their failures to make resources translate to success.
Excuses? your demanding us spend more money on a player than any premier league club has ever spent on a player, taking our summer spending close to 160million at a time when the worlds finances are crumbling and United are not immune to it. The financial times said our finances were in the red in May. Our debt has been publically shown to be on the rise and we are about to go into a season where there is a very real chance we will have no fans in the stadium for the whole thing. Sorry but not agreeing to break transfer records, under those circumstances, is not an excuse is showing that he is not prepared to risk the club's finances in this period.

I hold Woodward accountable completely for the way we have wasted resources since he took over. In his tenure our expenditure and wage bill is immense and should have resulted in a world-class team, instead, it has resulted in a mismatched massive squad on insane wages. If he was going to be fired it should have been for that, not for refusing to break transfer records in a global economic meltdown.

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I don’t think that’s hugely mitigating. Surely he’s can influence a game without the need to rely on his teammates?
To be fair, England's midfield has no creativity. Kane and Sterling have been no better. So yes, it is mitigating.

Chief123

I don’t think that’s hugely mitigating. Surely he’s can influence a game without the need to rely on his teammates? He got on the ball plenty of times but offered zero output after.
If you look at Kane, he’s done less in the two games than Sancho has. It doesn’t take away the fact he’s still a world class striker.

This whole setup is terrible for england. No flow to anyone’s game.

macheda14

Two of the best players in the prem (Kane and Sterling) have been pretty dire as well. This team has no movement and no creativity. I mean you just have to look at United to see that sometimes the way the manager has you playing can stifle even the best of players.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Front three starved of meaningful possession. This England team reminds me of us prior to signing Bruno. Without Pogba in the side, we had no player capable of giving our toward players the opportunity to cause some issues.
Zero combination play between the midfield and attackers. No chains, no recycling of the ball and no point trying any kind of pass and go, which is the bread and butter of both Sterling and Sancho.

Southgate couldn't sabotage his frontline more if he tried.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
To be fair, England's midfield has no creativity. Kane and Sterling have been no better. So yes, it is mitigating.
If you look at Kane, he’s done less in the two games than Sancho has. It doesn’t take away the fact he’s still a world class striker.

This whole setup is terrible for england. No flow to anyone’s game.
I think we should stop making excuses. Kane might also have been crap but a CF is totally dependent on his wingmen.

Plus we already know Kane and Sterling are class in PL. don’t know that about Sancho yet.

Anyway: won’t change our scouts opinions I’m sure. But I hope we don’t enter into a new pogba type debate that Sancho needs this and that to thrive and ignore the fee etc.

kirk buttercup

Sancho suffered the same way VdB did last night . Both are very good players but need a system and Quality around them

GJNJ

Zero combination play between the midfield and attackers. No chains, no recycling of the ball and no point trying any kind of pass and go, which is the bread and butter of both Sterling and Sancho.

Southgate couldn't sabotage his frontline more if he tried.
England remind me of United under Jose.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Grealish not starting as an attacking midfielder in this game is sabotaging any chance of a victory on the part of Southgate.

Adcuth

Two of the best players in the prem (Kane and Sterling) have been pretty dire as well. This team has no movement and no creativity. I mean you just have to look at United to see that sometimes the way the manager has you playing can stifle even the best of players.
Southgate would make Munich look shit

CG1010

Sancho suffered the same way VdB did last night . Both are very good players but need a system and Quality around them
Difference is one is priced three times than the other! So what people may accept for VdB wouldn't be acceptable for Sancho. We already have a super-expensive player who needs a system and quality players that complement him to succeed. With Sancho I hope we can get a player who can carry a team and create magic from nothing.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
How do you injure yourself playing cricket?
Many different ways. cricket is played with a very hard small ball, and fast bowlers throw the ball at batsman at 90+mph.

As a batsman , Ball hitting you anywhere on the body or on the head while you bat.

bowlers get all sorts of muscle injuries.

morgan dislocated his finger while trying to take a catch, ball was travelling very fast towards him.

Last edited:

Posh Red

One of the best strikers and best wingers in the league also played in those games and had little to no impact. Wouldn’t read much into it at all personally

Chief123

It’s no excuses but Sancho did seem to play like someone who’s got something else on his mind!

Having watched him play so many times before, it was very strange to see him so reluctant to take a man on or drive at his defender. He normally oozes with confidence with those opportunities.

Maybe he’s concerned about getting injured? Who knows. But he certainly didn’t seem right these last two games. It felt like watching a totally different player. Hopefully it’s the transfer situation!

sillwuka

The more relevant question would be how many times have you watched him? Be honest.
In all honesty, possibly around ten full games including the ones after Lockdown.

He's a talent yes but I've never once walked away after a game and thought, yeah £100 mill plus player.

FizzyWomack

Grealish not starting as an attacking midfielder in this game is sabotaging any chance of a victory on the part of Southgate.
Whats Mr Gormless's problem with Grealish? Why didn't he start him? Joker.

Anyone know why Sancho got taken off?

Also interesting to hear Mike Phelan has followed Sancho on Instagram.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
Whats that gormless Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime problem with Grealish? Why didn't he start him? Joker.

Anyone know why Sancho got taken off?

Also interesting to hear Mike Phelan has followed Sancho on Instagram.
Sancho's "Who To Follow" suggestions will just be a load of balding, middle aged men in shorts and a Tobias Funke parody account.

liamp

This story doesn't make much sense at all
Makes no sense whatsoever...just more click-baiting. If United are willing to spend 120mm on the transfer fee and give Sancho somewhere in the range of 10mm euros a year base salary, adding the 3mm or whatever in bonuses he was due from Dortmund into the signing bonus becomes relatively negligible. Having that be a hold-up and dragging the completion of the transfer to the week before the season starts for the club for that is illogical even for this club.

Leonzo1

Watching him struggle for England got me thinking, usually even in our not so great look post fergie most of the players we signed came from inferior teams and we would comment on their performances stuff like "look who he plays with he'll have a much better team around him here". Now I'm not saying we're all bad but Dortmund do play a very thrilling and cohesive style of football so when/if we sign him I'm a little worried we'll see plenty of the 5/10 performances from him like we see with the national team, at the beginning at least.

CG1010

For Dortmund to wait until Sancho gets his bonus.
According to the theory, Dortmund aren't waiting but Sancho and United are delaying the transfer purposefully to enable Sancho getting the bonus. And evidently United see no reason to hurry up the transfer by paying extra joining bonus of 1 million to Sancho. My guess is for such a high profile transfer, United would rather wrap it up (if all terms are agreed upon) and pay extra bonus to Sancho than run the risk of this getting derailed.

Mike Phelan starting to follow Sancho is definitely a positive development though

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
4 CBs and a DM in the starting 11 and we wonder why someone like Sancho struggled. Southgate is a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.