Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
In fairness the whole team look woeful, they’ve gotten the ball out to him only a handful of times, same with Sterling really.

That midfield for England looks shite.
Yeah but he’s had decent pre season time with Dortmund, so surely England’s biggest ever transfer target Should deliver a few glimpses of individual class over 2 games

FreddieTheReddie

Yeah but he’s had decent pre season time with Dortmund, so surely England’s biggest ever transfer target Should deliver a few glimpses of individual class over 2 games
Ole told him not to bother too much, we don’t want an injured RW.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
2 of the 3, Sam Wise and DJ Cuppy at the end, are recording artists. Sancho's mate isn't
Am getting so old now as I don’t relate to this ad on any level!! And I worked in advertising for 20 years :lol:

are they regular top 10 singers? What demographic is this as targeting? Seems like a very niche audience.

concept of the re creating striped shirt is a good one, except we have no heritage in wearing stripes. So very odd concept for MUFC too.

Last edited:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Yet again Sky saying he's our no.1 target. Surely to god we are going to sign him because we will look quite stupid if we don't. Though Dortmund will also look stupid if the deal goes through.
Thing is Sky have nothing to lose by reporting this. They get the lovely united clicks, United sign him 120 mil and if he flops they can say united have wasted all that money, don’t sign and Ed gets rinsed for being incompetent.

Chief123

are the people in this ad famous for any reason?
Harry Pinero is a social media entertainer with a big instagram following.

But more importantly he’s one of Sancho’s boys. They’ve been on social media a few times chilling together. Harry tweeted this morning saying “Sancho Next”. Make of that what you will!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Harry Pinero is a social media entertainer with a big instagram following.

But more importantly he’s one of Sancho’s boys. They’ve been on social media a few times chilling together. Harry tweeted this morning saying “Sancho Next”. Make of that what you will!
Thanks.

Well the whole world knows there is strong interest from our club for Sancho. But I doubt he has any inside info. Probably just muppetting like the rest of us.

Chief123

Thanks.

Well the whole world knows there is strong interest from our club for Sancho. But I doubt he has any inside info. Probably just muppetting like the rest of us.
I think it’s intriguing for him to post that as he’s one of his mates and surely knows more than us muppets as he can just get on the phone to Sancho. It would be strange for him to post that and cause unnecessary beef for Sancho.

Coops73

In fairness the whole team look woeful, they’ve gotten the ball out to him only a handful of times, same with Sterling really.

That midfield for England looks shite.
I think that system doesn’t get the best out of him, Aleksander Arnold is basically taking up his position and he’s coming in very narrow...in other words he’s shite. Do.not.want.:p

RUCK4444

Yeah he’s not been great, not making excuses for the lad, just think it’s quite hard to shine in these sort of international games.

They just seem so disjointed. Nothing much for him to link with, same for Sterling as well really.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This England team is a shambles. Won’t be judging anybody of these games.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Front three starved of meaningful possession. This England team reminds me of us prior to signing Bruno. Without Pogba in the side, we had no player capable of giving our toward players the opportunity to cause some issues.

FizzyWomack

I mean people saying he looks poor tonight, what do you expect him to do? We look flat, out of ideas. Sancho is doing his best, he cant teleport. Not yet anyway.

The thing about the 1.5M and this England cap granting it is interesting.

As of tomorrow I expect things to start heating up .. I would say this time next week if things are still quiet then that would be worrying.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Yeah he’s not been great, not making excuses for the lad, just think it’s quite hard to shine in these sort of international games.

They just seem so disjointed. Nothing much for him to link with, same for Sterling as well really.
I’m not worried about his quality at all, though I’ve never seen him play outside of YouTube. Too many knowledgeable posters on here rate him and I trust OGS, especially with attacking players.

but there is a concern he can’t impose himself into a game when he has no help.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Front three starved of meaningful possession. This England team reminds me of us prior to signing Bruno. Without Pogba in the side, we had no player capable of giving our toward players the opportunity to cause some issues.
Back 3 of clogging centre backs, nobody wanting to bring the ball forward. 2 very limited CM's im Rice and Phillips, a centre forward who just stands there waiting for the ball.

It's an awful team setup. We need to take a CB out and put a 10 in and it'll play so much better. Even take 1 of the DM's out and play mount or whoever else we have on the bench in midfield.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
As if people are forming their opinion and valuation of him based on these 2 internationals :lol:

Terminator

England front 3 are starved of the ball. With overlapping fullbacks today and wingers being pushed inwards into narrow spaces it makes it even more difficult.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
It'll be interesting to what is more disappointing. We don't sign him and countless are bemoaning over 'what might have been'. Or we do sign him and he fails to live up to any form of expectation.

Chief123

As if people are forming their opinion and valuation of him based on these 2 internationals :lol:
Oh don’t be silly mate. Some on here made their conclusion just off the Iceland game!

We’re just going to choose to forget that Trent, Kane and Sterling who are regarded as “world class” have been non existent as well!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Back 3 of clogging centre backs, nobody wanting to bring the ball forward. 2 very limited CM's im Rice and Phillips, a centre forward who just stands there waiting for the ball.

It's an awful team setup. We need to take a CB out and put a 10 in and it'll play so much better. Even take 1 of the DM's out and play mount or whoever else we have on the bench in midfield.
If he wanted to try Phillips then he should've started instead of Rice, and not beside him. I don't understand what Southgate is trying to accomplish. Sancho and co don't stand a chance.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It'll be interesting to what is more disappointing. We don't sign him and countless are bemoaning over 'what might have been'. Or we do sign him and he fails to live up to any form of expectation.
He’d have far more attacking intent to play alongside

Pele would struggle with Philips Rice and Dier to supply him

Tiber

We are now what? A week and a bit off the first game? And we have signed one player, bit depressing

The games before the window closes are still worth 3 points each.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
As the saying goes: The whole is greater than the part! England have been woeful in both games.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Why would we agree? Because Sancho will want the bonus and we want to keep him happy? Even if we signed him earlier he wouldn't be properly with us til this weekend because of international duty.
I think that’s a one-sided approach to be fair. Sure we do want to keep Sancho happy but end of the day he is getting his bonus by having waited and stayed with Dortmund.

We could’ve and we would’ve signed him earlier if Dortmund could’ve been more accommodating as well. Why should it just be us? They chose not to give us any discount on the stated €120m price.

But as a result we also wanted to save wherever possible so by avoiding paying Sancho a months worth of wages were okay with waiting too.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
As the saying goes: The whole is greater than the part! England have been woeful in both games.
Sure boss. But he can still show us something, independent of the team. At least a burst of pace, or a dribble?

anyway, I switched over to the cricket a while back!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
In fairness to people. They’ll have been looking forward to seeing Sancho and properly watching him in these two games for the first time. And he’s been poor. Not the only one that has, but poor nonetheless.

Ridiculous to write him off on these two games, but it’s not ridiculous to expect that £108m gets you more than 2 underwhelming performances that result in him being dragged off both games.

GazTheLegend

How do you start both Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice and expect to get anything out of a game of football is beyond me

NJM78

Had two very mediocre appearances for England in this Nations league but England have been pretty shit all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.