Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yea, news on Sancho are speeding up as you said. A good con man, can make similiar claim just of the current news cycle. Then he will be heralded as some type of ITK idol with cult following. @altodevil isnt fooling me.
Look back at who I said Dortmund were after to replace Sancho then watch what happens tonight/Friday.

UncleBob

According to one of their local papers Dortmund are very determined to stick to their refusal of a [post deadline] transfer. It is "heard from within the club" that Sancho "doesn't appear to be desperate to leave" which is why they "don't expect trouble" from him, but rather another strong season of his.
"If Man Utd are indeed planning to make another attempt, they can safe themselves the effort this summer."
Dead in the water, me thinks.

Now it's all posture

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
They could just opt to say nothing. Nobody is forcing them to come out and be all insecure.
According to what people write in this thread United are handing out press briefings on another club's player like they are candy, but god forbid the club who actually owns a contract with the player might have dared to comment on one of the supposed break throughs, then it's all small time, petty, classless and insecure.

Fridge chutney

According to one of their local papers Dortmund are very determined to stick to their refusal of a [post deadline] transfer. It is "heard from within the club" that Sancho "doesn't appear to be desperate to leave" which is why they "don't expect trouble" from him, but rather another strong season of his.
"If Man Utd are indeed planning to make another attempt, they can safe themselves the effort this summer."
Dreams shattered :(

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So we have positive news that it's "only" the fee that's the issue now.

One tweet saying no chance.

And one itk suggesting Dortmund will announce some forward being signed as replacement today or tomorrow...maybe Zaha.

So it's all over the place really.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Look back at who I said Dortmund were after to replace Sancho then watch what happens tonight/Friday.
Care to elaborate more, rather than be cryptic? It appears you already knows what will happen tonight. So, go ahead and reveal to us all what you think and we will see how well that is backed by tonight’s event. Since Dortmund is signing a replacement, I assume the fee will be agreed tonight? Is that what you are pointing? Then the deal will be finalized by next week?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So we have positive news that it's "only" the fee that's the issue now.

One tweet saying no chance.

And one itk suggesting Dortmund will announce some forward being signed as replacement today or tomorrow...maybe Zaha.

So it's all over the place really.
Everyone is of course free to choose what media reports they want to believe, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that unless there is some low priced release clause the guy who thinks Dortmund are going to buy Zaha is as much a liar as he is stupid.

Infestissumam

just means that Sancho will have to put on a bit of pressure. Not surprising either, Dortmund never seem to sell their crown jewels without making them be the villain.

Gazza

According to what people write in this thread United are handing out press briefings on another club's player like they are candy, but god forbid the club who actually owns a contract with the player might have dared to comment on one of the supposed break throughs, then it's all small time, petty, classless and insecure.
Agreed. Weird attitude some people have in this thread. Just change the names from Dortmund to "Man Utd" and Man Utd to "Real Madrid" in this case and see how we would feel if people were suggesting we had an obligation to sell our player at a lower price than we wanted. Dortmund have done and are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

TBF that's the minority of posters in this thread rather than the consensus, I feel. Probably time to move on from this point, seems it's been discussed ad nauseum.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Hmmmm i love how when any negative news comes out, it's all dead in the water etc, but when anything positive comes out, it's all lies and BS.

The truth of the matter is, it'll either happen, or it wont. We've seen from past transfers that Dortmund as full of rubbish when it comes to the press, they've done it numerous times and come out and said such and such won't be sold, only for them to go a few weeks later! Yes this is getting boring, but it's just how they work it seems.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Hmmmm i love how when any negative news comes out, it's all dead in the water etc, but when anything positive comes out, it's all lies and BS.

The truth of the matter is, it'll either happen, or it wont. We've seen from past transfers that Dortmund as full of rubbish when it comes to the press, they've done it numerous times and come out and said such and such won't be sold, only for them to go a few weeks later! Yes this is getting boring, but it's just how they work it seems.
Qft.

I think Dortmund is full of shit tbh - but fair play i guess to them for making it appear they re playing hardball.

El-Manos

How are you comparing this? Woodward hasn’t spoken directly to the press and our manager refused to comment on transfer targets. Not exactly how Zorc is approaching this now is it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How are you comparing this? Woodward hasn’t spoken directly to the press and our manager refused to comment on transfer targets. Not exactly how Zorc is approaching this now is it.
Dortmund have basically made their official statements about their own player on the days following their deadline and since then the official channels have been quiet.
I compared British journalists writing United believe that they have made a break through with a German journalist writing (in response) that they don't want to sell and that they don't think Sancho will try to force their hand.

The feck are we believing some low level local paper?
Might as well post MEN
Leaving aside whether or not this particular report is trustworthy: do you not understand why people might be more inclined to believe the journalist who follows the team to every game, every training camp and quite a few training sessions each season over some dude in Italy or Munich or whereever who claims to be looped in about basically every transfer of the summer?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sancho will have to force this me thinks. Dortmund have boxed themselves into a corner.
I don't think they can just accept even if we bid €120m.

Fridge chutney

Massimo De Culo

This was likely known by United hierarchy prior to their briefing yesterday.

As I suspected, United briefed the English press about their "willingness" and "attempt" to sign Sancho despite knowing it was a lost cause, purely to look good to the fanbase, global football community, and markets.

We won't be getting him, in my opinion.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Massimo De Culo

Heres the problem... it seriously appears that Dortmund are goading United into making a bid equalling their valuation. If they were serious about keeping Sancho, they'd have said once he's not for sale and thats it. Matter dealt with, done and dusted. Instead they keep on pushing these stories out. My guess is that United will meet their valuation, Dortmund will accept blaming Sancho wanting to leave as their reason for doing so.

Dortmund must be giving us the impression that they want to do business, or United would have ended all interest a while ago and moved on to someone else. Something is going on behind the scenes, Dortmund saying one thing to the press, and another thing to United in my guess.

Cliche Guevara

So this altodevil character is convinced Dortmund are signing Ikone from Lille.

This seems to be information obtained from his mate at the Guardian although if I remember correctly it’s already been concluded the guy knows nothing and somebody is taking the piss somewhere.

The information seems to be Dortmund are about to sign Ikone which will trigger the sale of Sancho to United.

Let’s see where the spirits take us...

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If there is one thing that these kinds of threads make me realize its that our club is very good at keeping things close to their chests and not constantly seeking out media attention. Frankly that is one reason why I am proud to be a fan. No constant attention whoring bullshit.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Heres the problem... it seriously appears that Dortmund are goading United into making a bid equalling their valuation. If they were serious about keeping Sancho, they'd have said once he's not for sale and thats it. Matter dealt with, done and dusted. Instead they keep on pushing these stories out. My guess is that United will meet their valuation, Dortmund will accept blaming Sancho wanting to leave as their reason for doing so.

Dortmund must be giving us the impression that they want to do business, or United would have ended all interest a while ago and moved on to someone else. Something is going on behind the scenes, Dortmund saying one thing to the press, and another thing to United in my guess.
But that's basically what they have done, there's been complete silence in the German media until the British side reported this big break through yesterday. I assume the article that's being quoted is the pay-walled one on WAZ's homepage, the headline is literally: "English media is again reporting that United are getting closer to a Sancho transfer. What's this about? We're doing the check."

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So this altodevil character is convinced Dortmund are signing Ikone from Lille.

This seems to be information obtained from his mate at the Guardian although if I remember correctly it’s already been concluded the guy knows nothing and somebody is taking the piss somewhere.

The information seems to be Dortmund are about to sign Ikone which will trigger the sale of Sancho to United.

Let’s see where the spirits take us...
Iirc Ikone's brother publicly rubbished the Dortmund rumours when they were first reported a month ago.

macheda14

They literally did that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Everyone is of course free to choose what media reports they want to believe, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that unless there is some low priced release clause the guy who thinks Dortmund are going to buy Zaha is as much a liar as he is stupid.
Zaha did strike me as a homebody, someone who plays his best football in London, and a certain part of London at that!
But then he seemed likely to go Everton last summer, until that got called off on the fee.

Could we see him at Dortmund? Not so sure myself.
But i'm certain Palace won't be trying to charge 70m this summer.

But are Dortmund in the habit of paying out 30-40m for the mid career types like Zaha? Don't think so. But maybe the "Itk" meant another player. And I'm just remembering someone else saying Zaha ages back.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Given Dortmund's stance, why would United continue to pursue Sancho? Logically speaking, they would have ended their interest as soon as Dortmund stated that he wasn't for sale.

My guess it that United have received more encouraging messages from Sancho's agent, so they're continuing on because of that. The club might be using Sancho's agent to pressure Dortmund sort of like how Raiola "pressured" Dortmund into selling Mkhitaryan.

SwedishFish

Haaland got an 83 card which is a joke. But I know why they’ve probably done it. It’s so he has room to develop in career mode.

in UT mode he’ll just get a special card to boost him up.
87 was pretty good imo, Maguire got a 79 though...

Status
Not open for further replies.