Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

If it revolves around Sancho putting pressure on Dortmund to leave and he doesnt, then you have to ask does he really want to play for Utd?

Godfather

To be honest I don't care too much. We have the bigger talent in our ranks anyway. Not that Sancho wouldn't be a nice addition but he'll leave next summer at the very least and if Dortmund decide to be all butthurt this summer then so be it.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Every report they say they won’t sell because he’s happy to stay. It’s all about setting the scene to paint it that they had no choice to sell because he pushed to leave. Once we formally bid he’ll push to leave. Patience muppets.

Offsideagain

After his performance in Iceland, I can see a £30m players there let alone £108m. Reckon it’s all been hot air as usual. I was right about Messi staying at Barca though!

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Given Dortmund's stance, why would United continue to pursue Sancho? Logically speaking, they would have ended their interest as soon as Dortmund stated that he wasn't for sale.

My guess it that United have received more encouraging messages from Sancho's agent, so they're continuing on because of that. The club might be using Sancho's agent to pressure Dortmund sort of like how Raiola "pressured" Dortmund into selling Mkhitaryan.
I don't get that though... Surely United have to have permission from Dortmund to discuss terms with Sancho and the sorts? Wouldn't we be reported for tapping up if we were to discuss terms without Dortmund agreeing for us to do so?

Plus what would be the point in them saying "Sure - Go ahead and discuss terms with him and his agent, but we're not selling even if you do agree on something". It'd make absolutely no sense for both sides? Either as others have said, this is an attempt to make Sancho the bad guy by trying to force a move, or it's putting pressure on United to offer what they want so they can turn round, accept the offer and again say that Sancho wanted to leave, so our hands were tied - but we got a great deal!

Rolaholic

Quite honestly couldn't care less about anything Dortmund brief about this :lol:

They've been called out by their own former player for being BS merchants when it comes to PR in the middle of high profile transfer saga's and we've seen it first hand ourselves during the Mkhitaryan negotiations where they publicly denied/ruled out a sale ad-nauseum all summer long until an agreement was finally reached and they could play it off by slagging off the player and their agent as greedy to cover the fact they're a selling club :lol:

Only a brief from the journos close to the club saying we've walked away or have moved on to other targets would get me thinking that it's truly dead. Not anything from Dortmunds side as they follow the same pattern and playbook every...single....time

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Zaha did strike me as a homebody, someone who plays his best football in London, and a certain part of London at that!
But then he seemed likely to go Everton last summer, until that got called off on the fee.

Could we see him at Dortmund? Not so sure myself.
But i'm certain Palace won't be trying to charge 70m this summer.

But are Dortmund in the habit of paying out 30-40m for the mid career types like Zaha? Don't think so. But maybe the "Itk" meant another player. And I'm just remembering someone else saying Zaha ages back.
Dortmund basically never bought anyone for more than €30m. They are getting more flexible in their approach, as in siging 30 year olds like Witsel or Hummels, who won't have any resale value, or someone like Can and I don't think they would be afraid to shatter their previous transfer record if it made sense, but that would be for a sure thing/golden opportunity like Havertz (who they were supposedly sniffing around) and not some midtable gamble like Zaha.

Cliche Guevara

Zaha did strike me as a homebody, someone who plays his best football in London, and a certain part of London at that!
But then he seemed likely to go Everton last summer, until that got called off on the fee.

Could we see him at Dortmund? Not so sure myself.
But i'm certain Palace won't be trying to charge 70m this summer.

But are Dortmund in the habit of paying out 30-40m for the mid career types like Zaha? Don't think so. But maybe the "Itk" meant another player. And I'm just remembering someone else saying Zaha ages back.
Ikone at Lille he reckons.

Jericholyte2

This was always going to happen like this.
  1. We agree everything with the player
  2. We negotiate with Dortmund
  3. We make an official bid
  4. They reject the bid
  5. Sancho makes a transfer request
  6. Dortmund accept
They get to save face as it was only when the player expressly said he wanted to go that they accepted the bid, and then Sancho is the bad guy from their perspective.

We get the player, Sancho gets his move, Dortmund safe face, everyone’s a winner.

flappyjay

4. They reject the bid
  6. Dortmund accept
They get to save face as it was only when the player expressly said he wanted to go that they accepted the bid, and then Sancho is the bad guy from their perspective.

We get the player, Sancho gets his move, Dortmund safe face, everyone’s a winner.
Almost all their good plays are sold as villains. Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Dembele all left as the bad guys

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Watching The United Stand and they have Harry Pinero on (the guy who did the third kit advert) and he says he is pretty well connected to Sancho's people. He thinks its on like Donkey Kong.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I don't get that though... Surely United have to have permission from Dortmund to discuss terms with Sancho and the sorts? Wouldn't we be reported for tapping up if we were to discuss terms without Dortmund agreeing for us to do so?

Plus what would be the point in them saying "Sure - Go ahead and discuss terms with him and his agent, but we're not selling even if you do agree on something". It'd make absolutely no sense for both sides? Either as others have said, this is an attempt to make Sancho the bad guy by trying to force a move, or it's putting pressure on United to offer what they want so they can turn round, accept the offer and again say that Sancho wanted to leave, so our hands were tied - but we got a great deal!
Disclaimer: my previous post was made to continue and drag on the notion that Dortmund have made Sancho non-negotiable

They would've already had permission to speak to Sancho before the August 10 "deadline", and I'm sure that they would have maintained contacts afterwards as well. If United are still in touch with the agent, surely that means that Dortmund are still open to selling him (we wouldn't be otherwise lest we want to risk being accused of tapping up Sancho).

Dortmund can maintain their hard stance given that we've yet to submit an official offer to Dortmund, and they're well within their rights to do so. We'll see what happens when United do submit a formal offer to them.

SwedishFish

Of course he didn’t. His official rating isn’t out yet. He’s almost definitely an 82-84.

He seems to have dropped massively.

ON Topic: This is obviously a big pile of bollocks from BVB to get United to pay up. Sancho will most certainly push for a move once the bid is put in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
  4. They reject the bid
  6. Dortmund accept

Do Dortmund need to "save face" when they're getting somewhere around 100m for a player?!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

ON Topic: This is obviously a big pile of bollocks from BVB to get United to pay up. Sancho will most certainly push for a move once the bid is put in.
This is a fake image. His card hasn’t been announced.

Funke news can say what they please. It’s definitely happening.

Jericholyte2

Do Dortmund need to "save face" when they're getting somewhere around 100m for a player?!
Yes because after their deadline expired they came out saying he was staying and did that big media blitz with everyone saying how great it’ll be keeping Sancho for the next year.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Dortmund fans are so salty. They think they are comparable to Manchester United. Delusional at best.

If United bid 108m , your CEO will bite our hands off. So please stop embarrassing yourself. Even in last 7 "barren" years , we have won more than Dortmund.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Disclaimer: my previous post was made to continue and drag on the notion that Dortmund have made Sancho non-negotiable

They would've already had permission to speak to Sancho before the August 10 "deadline", and I'm sure that they would have maintained contacts afterwards as well. If United are still in touch with the agent, surely that means that Dortmund are still open to selling him (we wouldn't be otherwise lest we want to risk being accused of tapping up Sancho).

Dortmund can maintain their hard stance given that we've yet to submit an official offer to Dortmund, and they're well within their rights to do so. We'll see what happens when United do submit a formal offer to them.
Thats what i thought, we've obviously been given permission in the past, but surely after the 'deadline' had passed, Dormund would have said, if they were serious about not selling, "thats it, deal wasn't done, we're not selling no matter what, we withdraw permission, he's staying our player".

The fact that they obviously haven't done that, as we're still in contact with his camp, shows that Dortmund are still willing to sell and are simply playing hardball beause they want their full valuation. Should they get it, they can spin the story of him leaving however they want... Dortmunds fans are going to believe anything they say over whatever Sancho says

SlimDizzle075

I was following along, but my screen refreshed and now I am completely confused, What are we doing with our cocks and fists? still out and in? or are we back to in and out? muppeting is exhausting

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I was following along, but my screen refreshed and now I am completely confused, What are we doing with our cocks and fists? still out and in? or are we back to in and out? muppeting is exhausting
Resident ITK has told us to keep it out.

ShinjiNinja26

Massimo De Culo

He doesn’t give any impression of wanting to leave but supposedly has had multiple phone calls with Solskjaer and is meant to be “buzzing” at the prospect of joining Utd THIS summer? Something doesn’t add up here I don’t think anyone knows what the feck is happening.

Bratt

Nope. Cocks out for tonight. Thread ban if not. Will explain after the fact.

COCKS OUT
Look back at who I said Dortmund were after to replace Sancho then watch what happens tonight/Friday.
What’s the point with all the teasing mate?
It’s not like your guardian friend’s tips has made you a tier one source up untill now.
Why don’t you just say what you know / want’s us to believe you know?

lsd

The Oracle

No way he is that fast

Status
Not open for further replies.