Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

Yep we were also very willing to walk away from Maguire and Fernandes if Leicester and Sporting didn't lower their demands, and we know how both of them turned out. You can see why Dortmund are playing hardball here, they know United will cough up eventually, just like we have in the past.
We got £10m off Maguire who Leicester were initially adamant wasn’t for sale at any price, and we walked away from Bruno until January and got him for £30m less.

Why let facts get in the way though.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We got £10m off Maguire who Leicester were initially adamant wasn’t for sale and we walked away from Bruno until January and got him for £30m less.

People are blinded by their hatred for Woodward that they can't see that we did negotiate those price down.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
could be just Winding people up
Nah, he’s a YouTuber/‘influencer’ who works with the likes of Foot Asylum etc. That’s probably how he got into contact with Sancho and how they’re ‘friends’ now. Videos like these are the type of stuff he does:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
People are blinded by their hatred for Woodward that they can't see that we did negotiate those price down.
I don't hate Woodward, i'm just stating that we said we briefed that we were going to walk away from the deal, then ended up signing the player anyway, so i tend not to believe when we say we're happy to walk away and forget about the player altogether

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I bet the new third kit was styled with Sancho in mind, and that his signing photo's and reveal video will have him wearing it.
And that image of Sancho in zebra stripes will be the photo the club uses most next season.

That shirt is going to be the biggest seller ever, no matter what anyone else thinks about it!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Who was the guy on Twitter who made tons of money betting on transfers after suggesting a player he knew (can't remember which one) was about to join United? He posted a screenshot of his betting slip and laughed about it after the fact
that wasn't him was it? was about ronaldo yeah?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Not sure if posted, but James Cooper basically saying that if Dortmund don't reduce their demands, United are happy to walk away from Sancho and forget about him completely. Surely it's fecking obvious by now that Dortmund have no intention of reducing their demands. We also have no wriggle room because Sancho isn't going to throw up a fuss it doesn't seem. It's genuinely just the case that I don't think we want to pay the money, so we won't imo
Bet you we sign him for less than £108m.

crossy1686

career ending
We got £10m off Maguire who Leicester were initially adamant wasn’t for sale at any price, and we walked away from Bruno until January and got him for £30m less.

Don't forget picking up VDB at £10m less than Madrid had agreed to pay for him.

And getting Fernandes and VDB for a combined price of one Grealish/Maddison

crossy1686

career ending
Dortmund aren't going to get £120m next season for Sancho. They'll take any kind of deal that's a combination of instalments/add-ons as long as it's what they're looking for.

crossy1686

career ending
Not sure if posted, but James Cooper basically saying that if Dortmund don't reduce their demands, United are happy to walk away from Sancho and forget about him completely. Surely it's fecking obvious by now that Dortmund have no intention of reducing their demands. We also have no wriggle room because Sancho isn't going to throw up a fuss it doesn't seem. It's genuinely just the case that I don't think we want to pay the money, so we won't imo
Ask yourself why United have continued to release Sancho briefings since the August 10th deadline if they're not negotiating? Not a single source from Germany or England has said this deal is dead. How much do you want to bet Sancho isn't in the match day squad when Dortmund play at the weekend?

El-Manos

Ask yourself why United have continued to release Sancho briefings since the August 10th deadline if they're not negotiating? Not a single source from Germany or England has said this deal is dead. How much do you want to bet Sancho isn't in the match day squad when Dortmund play at the weekend?
That will be quite telling.

Womp

idiot
For posturing. Same reason why Dortmund have constantly released briefs telling us it's off and to feck ourselves. You can't only have it one way. By most accounts, we haven't even begun negotiating with Dortmund yet, instead getting his agent and personal fees sorted.

I really do hope we sign him, but if we had intention of paying what they wanted and if they had intention of dropping the price, I think it would of happened by now. They start their season extremely soon and we risk him not even being able to play due to potentially quarantining, disrupting our start to the season. It's been reported they are well happy to keep him and won't sell for anything but the price they've set, you've also got the British media, who everyone here seems to lap up, when it's positive, but completely overlook when it's negative, claiming we have no intention of paying what they want.

Last time Dortmund was this adamant was the Auba and Dembele sagas, both times, not only did the player have to force through a move, but they ended up getting what they wanted anyway. I think it's a very reasonable price for a player of his ability and I'd say 120m is already including a discount given the player he could be for us, but as much as I hope I'm wrong, I don't see this deal being done for cheaper nor do I see it being done with unrealistic add ons etc.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
For posturing. Same reason why Dortmund have constantly released briefs telling us it's off and to feck ourselves. You can't only have it one way. By most accounts, we haven't even begun negotiating with Dortmund yet, instead getting his agent and personal fees sorted.

I really do hope we sign him, but if we had intention of paying what they wanted and if they had intention of dropping the price, I think it would of happened by now. They start their season extremely soon and we risk him not even being able to play due to potentially quarantining, disrupting our start to the season. It's been reported they are well happy to keep him and won't sell for anything but the price they've set, you've also got the British media, who everyone here seems to lap up, when it's positive, but completely overlook when it's negative, claiming we have no intention of paying what they want.

Last time Dortmund was this adamant was the Auba and Dembele sagas, both times, not only did the player have to force through a move, but they ended up getting what they wanted anyway.
Even if BVB get exactly what they want, are you suggesting the club shouldn’t try their hardest to negotiate a deal more to their own liking?

PS: we have been just as hard as the selling club with Roma: re Smalling deal which is still not through despite having much stronger foundations.

Last edited:

Brophs

The One and Only
Who was the guy on Twitter who made tons of money betting on transfers after suggesting a player he knew (can't remember which one) was about to join United? He posted a screenshot of his betting slip and laughed about it after the fact
That was something like KingJonno, or something, wasn't it He's a mate of Pogba, from memory? I remember there were nutters on here contacting him by DM on Twitter and the like. Properly weird.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He has said Gomes would sign a new contract just one day before he has left us.
Any ITK type who is positively predicting now is just guessing in the likely hope they are right, so they can retweet during future sagas on how ITK they are.

Its mildly amusing for muppet season but really It’s all such bollox.

matt10000

I don't hate Woodward, i'm just stating that we said we briefed that we were going to walk away from the deal, then ended up signing the player anyway, so i tend not to believe when we say we're happy to walk away and forget about the player altogether
These negotiations aren’t straight forward

Womp

idiot
Even if BVB get exactly what they want, are you suggesting the club shouldn’t try their hardest to negotiate a deal more to their own liking?

PS: we have been just as hard as the selling club with Roma: re Smalling Deal of still not through despite having much stronger foundations.
No. They can negotiate until the cows come home for all I care. All power to them. What I'm suggesting is, it's been well reported we have no intention of paying their valuation, it's being well reported they have no intention of dropping their valuation. This will not be the Bruno situation, we won't have the opportunity to come back in a January. This won't be the Maguire situation, Dortmund are more than happy to keep Sancho.

If this is going to happen, it won't be with some rubbish Ballon D'or add-ons, that's for sure.

Re: your Smalling point, that's ultimately the point though. We didn't have to sell, therefore we kept pushing back for more money. This seems similar to Pogba last season. Player happy to leave, Madrid happy to buy. We are happy to sell at a specific price, because we'd prefer to keep and we have no need to sell. Madrid didn't pay, Pogba stayed.

That being said though - I think this is very much possible, if we pay up. Sancho would be rightly pissed if we paid what they agreed to let him go for and we didn't let him go. Whether or not we'll pay, is a different question though. If we are going off the British press, it doesn't seem likely, but who knows

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.