Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Chelsea have pledged to sign one player per additional page in this thread.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So we're still in the 'monitoring the situation' stage, which I believe comes just before the 'preparing a bid' stage?

I'm not entirely sure how many stages it takes to complete the transfer process, but I reckon we'll have this deal done before 2023. Problem is he'll be too old then - only 8 years from his 30th birthday,

How's it possible for us to agree personal terms if Dortmund have no intentions of selling? I thought the selling club had to give permission while negotiating a fee or when a bid have been accepted? Mad confused.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So tempted to just create a BS reporter account and start tweeting ambiguous statements about transfers. Will have a following in no time. Just gotta make sure everything you say can be spun both ways and then tag the right people to make it seem like you have connections or relevance.

Withnail

How's it possible for us to agree personal terms if Dortmund have no intentions of selling? I thought the selling club had to give permission while negotiating a fee or when a bid have been accepted? Mad confused.
Is it just me or does this question get asked every 10 pages or so?

Statue of Limitations

I'm not 100% but it's probably that we asked his agent what, hypothetically, would be acceptable terms should Sancho become available and with a bit of back and forth came to an understanding.

Just an outsiders guess though.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Is every contributer to this thread supposed to have read the previous 964 pages before posting?

Asking for a friend.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
38,500 posts in this thread.

Had each and everyone of us put 100,000£ in a jar each time we posted here, as transfer kitty for Sancho, we would be close to finalising the deal by now.
38.5 billion?

Womp

idiot
That's how it's supposed to work, but not how it usually does

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Short answer: Don't blindly believe what Dortmund's saying in the public or through their local sources.

Long answer: We started negotiations with Sancho a while back, so we'd be allowed to speak to his agent as a result. After the August 10 "deadline", despite Dortmund saying that Sancho isn't for sale, the fact that we're still in contact with Sancho's agent means that Dortmund are still open to negotiating with us. If they weren't willing to sell him, then they wouldn't allow us to get in touch with Sancho's agent, and the deal would have been off then. If they actually don't want to sell him and find out that we've been in touch with his agent, they can put us in trouble for tapping him up. For now, though, we haven't had a van Dijk situation come up yet.

Well what's being answered every 10 pages? I must admit I'm not keeping tabs on every post posted. It's been the verified twitter stuff I have had my eyes on lately.

HowYouDoin

So what are all the stages of the bidding process

Showing interest
Monitoring situation
Considering to bid
Preparing the bid
Talking to the agent
Actually making the bid

Pretty sure I missed like 10 stages.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because we don't talk to Sancho directly we talk to his agent who then passes on what offers he has.

Realistically though all clubs talk to players secretly, why would you spend weeks chasing a player and trying to agree a fee if the player doesn't want to move in the first place?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
If we are to pay in excess of £100m for Sancho, I hope there are other uses planned for him at Man Utd besides playing football.

Maybe help with the laundry, make sure those third kits do not get blurry.

Probably drive a couple people home time and again. Value for money.

Is he a good cook?

Red00012

38,500 posts in this thread.

Had each and everyone of us put 100,000£ in a jar each time we posted here, as transfer kitty for Sancho, we would be close to finalising the deal by now.
Ya hang on and I’ll just grab my 100,000k in my wallet .

Coops73

If we are to pay in excess of £100m for Sancho, I hope there are other uses planned for him at Man Utd besides playing football.

Maybe help with the laundry, make sure those third kits do not get blurry.

Probably drive a couple people home time and again. Value for money.

Is he a good cook?
...erm:houllier:

Gazza

Bunch of people in this thread querying Sancho’s fee have no issues with us paying 80 million pounds (!) for Harry Maguire (!!) and I can’t understand that

Hoof the ball

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that we wanted to offer Dortmund 80m plus a bunch of add-ons potentially leading upto 120m, of which most likely they felt were very unlikely to be triggered.

Can we not just offer the 120m as a guarantee in three installments and make the initial installment smaller to compensate for recent tough financial losses? That's what Real did with Hazard. Only paid 46m in the first installment.

SwedishFish

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression was that we wanted to offer Dortmund 80m plus a bunch of add-ons potentially leading upto 120m, of which most likely they felt were very unlikely to be triggered.

Can we not just offer the 120m as a guarantee in three installments and make the initial installment smaller to compensate for recent tough financial losses? That's what Real did with Hazard. Only paid 46m in the first installment.
There could be big implications for doing these types of deals. This is why Real are fecked in the transfer market this summer. They didn't predict corona and now they're stuck with the bill and a big stadium rebuild project.

Jack-C20

The thread title is so long that every time I read it, my anticipation grows until getting to the last bit and realising it’s not changed. I’m going to start reading it backwards I think.

hobbers

If we're talking deal structuring I'm surprised no one has tried a coronavirus-linked fee structure.

i.e. this portion of the fee is dependent on the league getting back to normal in terms of matchday revenue by 2021/22.

Nori-

I've got a good feeling about Wednesday 16th September. Something big it going to happen. There will be a major development on the Sancho deal.

I've got a history of getting these things right. It's happening boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.