Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
All this should've been sorted out ages ago. We've ignored the right wing position for the best part of the past decade, tried with Mkhitaryan but then since he flopped we've completely ignored it despite it being a massive weakness. We've been linked with Sancho for over 2 years now probably, surely during the season they would've had discussions to know what the price would be, and if its realistic or not? And either way had a group of alternative targets to go for in case this didn't pan out. And ok Covid maybe changed things. Covid started 6 months ago, surely they would've found out in the meantime if its realistic or not, or started prioritizing and aggressively targeting the more realistic options instead.

There's just so much incompetence with our transfer dealings, year after year.

Stretender

We don't need Haaland, we're stocked up on center forwards.

Sancho is where it's at.
You dont need to refuse Halaand to justify signing Sancho. The two players are not mutually exclusive. United should be having ambitions of buying both. I also don't think we are stacked up front either.Only Martial can be trusted to score goals and Greenwood but he is a kid who will not play every game.
He will have dips in form. If Martial got injured we are in trouble.

If we had a proper Director of football, they should have been planning about Haaland for whenever his release clause becomes active. Something well run teams do like Bayern Munich with Sane.

We have an operation or team that starts looking at transfers once the transfer window is open. Not good enough.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
You dont need to refuse Halaand to justify signing Sancho. The two players are not mutually exclusive. United should be having ambitions of buying both. I also don't think we are stacked up front either.Only Martial can be trusted to score goals and Greenwood but he is a kid who will not play every game.
He will have dips in form. If Martial got injured we are in trouble.

If we had a proper Director of football, they should have been planning about Haaland for whenever his release clause becomes active. Something well run teams do like Bayern Munich with Sane.

We have an operation or team that starts looking at transfers once the transfer window is open. Not good enough.
That’s the whole argument being used to justify the signing of Sancho!

Everyone has said if we get him we are set for the next 5 years.

Of course greedy muppets will change the goalposts every year :lol:

Okey

Depression is slowly setting in. Why exactly haven't we made a bid??? Even if it gets rejected? Happens all the time, so not so big a deal. Are we waiting for Dortmund to budge on a valuation they've made clear is set in stone? And if it takes Sancho agitating for a move, and he wants to come, why isn't that happening? The league starts tomorrow. On to other options already if this isn't happening. My head is so done in I can't even describe the current feeling.

FizzyWomack

What?? Forget that, young Mason will outshine that putty faced, jumped up little w@nker.
"Putty faced, jumped up little w@nker" that's just made me spit out my green tea :lol:

I see a few posts with people worried about this being quiet today. Thats a good sign isn't it muppets? Like I said, calm before the storm.

Hold tight, this ride is about to get hectic.

RUCK4444

"Putty faced, jumped up little w@nker" that's just made me spit out my green tea :lol:

I see a few posts with people worried about this being quiet today. Thats a good sign isn't it muppets? Like I said, calm before the storm.

Hold tight, this ride is about to get hectic.
Yeah it’s all in hand with Uncle Eddy

Not sure how long the silence will last, I’m thinking Dortmund are working on signings but want to get them negotiated before we publicly fill their pockets with big sweaty wads of cash

That weakens their bargaining stance with other clubs somewhat.:D

Jack-C20

In other news, water is wet. Of course we're exploring other options. Even Woodward is not so daft he'd not have a plan B in case Sancho can't be brought in.
Careful, I’m sure someone will be along shortly to argue that water isn’t in fact wet. I myself am staying out of it. Much more important things to focus on, has he signed yet?!

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
In other news, water is wet. Of course we're exploring other options. Even Woodward is not so daft he'd not have a plan B in case Sancho can't be brought in.
That would be news, because water isn’t wet. :p

But otherwise you’re correct: of course we have explored backup plans.

FizzyWomack

Yeah it’s all in hand with Uncle Eddy

Not sure how long the silence will last, I’m thinking Dortmund are working on signings but want to get them negotiated before we publicly fill their pockets with big sweaty wads of cash

That weakens their bargaining stance with other clubs somewhat.:D
I think so too.

Also, I hope this deal doesn't depend on us offloading some of our donkeys because we might find it hard finding a buyer IMO.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think so too.

Also, I hope this deal doesn't depend on us offloading some of our donkeys because we might find it hard finding a buyer IMO.
I actually think it’s the other way round. We won’t see Lingard, Pereira or Mata sold until we have signed Sancho.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
38,500 posts in this thread.

Had each and everyone of us put 100,000£ in a jar each time we posted here, as transfer kitty for Sancho, we would be close to finalising the deal by now.

klsv

So I checked Sancho's Instagram. He last posted two photos from the England match. He's alone on one of them. On the second he is sandwiched between Kyle Walker (City) and Eric Dier (Spurs). Just like United finished between City and Spurs in 2017-2018. During that season we bought our last no. 7 (Sanchez). That season we also sold a player who had captained both England and United then (Rooney) we're doing the same now (Smalling). What else happened in 2017? Sancho joined Dortmund. It's done. The circle will be completed. The photo was a message to us.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
So I checked Sancho's Instagram. He last posted two photos from the England match. He's alone on one of them. On the second he is sandwiched between Kyle Walker (City) and Eric Dier (Spurs). Just like United finished between City and Spurs in 2017-2018. During that season we bought our last no. 7 (Sanchez). That season we also sold a player who had captained both England and United then (Rooney) we're doing the same now (Smalling). What else happened in 2017? Sancho joined Dortmund. It's done. The circle will be completed. The photo was a message to us.
Some proper and impressive muppeting logic right there.

HowYouDoin

I totally disagree that right wing is a weakness.
We have Greenwood there. The position is sorted. But then people say...yeah but Greenwood is really a striker. Well he plays like an inside forward anyway. His performance is not hurt by playing right wing.
Then people say...cant rely on a 19 year old. Well Sancho is what 2 years older. Greenwood is a proper wonderkid a rare talent. How old was Mbappe when he moved to Paris? If you can play you can play. Mbappe could. Greenwood can.
But then people say right wing has been a weakness forever...sure it was. Until Greenwood made it his.

So thats all Im saying. Right wing position is not a weakness. We need depth, sure. But we dont have a weakness at right wing.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game

If this trend is to continue, he will have an overall rating of 105 in FIFA23.

Makes sense to pay £1m per FIFA point.

Infestissumam

bravo, good sir. You are an inspiration to all of us!

RedDevil@84

38,500 posts in this thread.

Had each and everyone of us put 100,000£ in a jar each time we posted here, as transfer kitty for Sancho, we would be close to finalising the deal by now.
Oh ya. Let me get my stash of cash.

*Grabs the knife to tear the mattress*

James Peril

I totally disagree that right wing is a weakness.
We have Greenwood there. The position is sorted. But then people say...yeah but Greenwood is really a striker. Well he plays like an inside forward anyway. His performance is not hurt by playing right wing.
Then people say...cant rely on a 19 year old. Well Sancho is what 2 years older. Greenwood is a proper wonderkid a rare talent. How old was Mbappe when he moved to Paris? If you can play you can play. Mbappe could. Greenwood can.
But then people say right wing has been a weakness forever...sure it was. Until Greenwood made it his.

So thats all Im saying. Right wing position is not a weakness. We need depth, sure. But we dont have a weakness at right wing.
And I totally disagree with you. Greenwood is a good player, killer finisher, no doubt about it. He is however not a top player on the right, the game is about much more than scoring those goals that stands out when we dominate Burnley and Brighton. On the right there’s defensive responsibility and that’s not where you want to employ Greenwood. Against good teams you see how he fades completely out of games and we’re giving the other team a field day on the left. Greenwood must be nurtured and applied in the middle, score goals and become our Harry Kane in the end. Play him on the right against shit teams when we’re cruising, but no, our right side is certainly not sorted as you say. 33 points behind Pool, it was not just because we scored and won too little, our whole team must perform better tactically over 38 games.

HowYouDoin

And I totally disagree with you. Greenwood is a good player, killer finisher, no doubt about it. He is however not a top player on the right, the game is about much more than scoring those goals that stands out when we dominate Burnley and Brighton. On the right there’s defensive responsibility and that’s not where you want to employ Greenwood. Against good teams you see how he fades completely out of games and we’re giving the other team a field day on the left. Greenwood must be nurtured and applied in the middle, score goals and become our Harry Kane in the end. Play him on the right against shit teams when we’re cruising, but no, our right side is certainly not sorted as you say. 33 points behind Pool, it was not just because we scored and won too little, our whole team must perform better tactically over 38 games.
33 points behind Liverpool sure but you gotta remember that we only got Bruno and I would argue also Greenwood in the second part of the season. Greenwood was a different player after the lockdown.
Now he is a natural striker but dont really believe he suffers from playing on the right. He can play there really well and the position suits him. The likes of RVP, Henry etc, many great forwards played that inside forward role.

As for defense thats the only argument there where I might be somewhat in agreement with you. Its something Greenwood definitely needs to improve but he will. He became a better player after the lockdown, he will get even better to start the season.
Greenwood is someone that can score 20 PL goals. None of those penalties. If you are getting 20 goals from that position which isnt impossible dont see how it is a weakness and think we can all agree Greenwood will score at least 15 if he starts and all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.