Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

forevrared

Very delusional that you can't see the difference between Greenwood & Sancho. One is inside forward and his job is to cut inside and score, while the other one is a winger that offer creativity on width.

We have no quality to offer in the wide area, which is the point of signing winger is to fix that. Look at how easy Bayern score tap in goals because they got so much quality players to offer in the width area. If we have Sancho, we would have score and win the Sevilla game because he would have offer us different option to score, not just relying on through ball and our predictable chances were saved by Sevilla keeper.

Quality over quantity. We needed & wanted a centre back and we would have been in better option if we put on hold the DM position in 2017 by spending the money on Van Dijk instead. Same goes with Sancho, we need and want a winger, we can put other positions on hold.
I don't think you understood what I said.

I'm not advocating against signing Sancho - I'm saying that IF we can't sign him, then Greenwood, regardless of where he'll end up playing, is already more effective as our third attacker than almost anyone (other than Sancho) we could sign would be, so looking at backup wingers wouldn't be the worst idea this summer (again, IF we can't get Sancho). It'd still add balance to the team and give us another option and more depth.

And we still weren't in for Van Dijk. Just because we spent money the summer he moved to Liverpool doesn't mean we directly chose to sign Matic & Lindelof over him.

SSSSnake

It’s not happening is it? I honestly feel we may have dodged a bullet. I know I’m probably the minority in that thinking but I just feel he was a little overrated. Dortmund are being very unrealistic so would be happy not to give them the cash.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think you understood what I said.

I'm not advocating against signing Sancho - I'm saying that IF we can't sign him, then Greenwood, regardless of where he'll end up playing, is already more effective as our third attacker than almost anyone (other than Sancho) we could sign would be, so looking at backup wingers wouldn't be the worst idea this summer (again, IF we can't get Sancho). It'd still add balance to the team and give us another option and more depth.
The argument isn't about if we can't sign Sancho. The argument is about that you agree on the poster who said we should sign Brooks and then spunk the rest on a LB and CB instead of spend it on Sancho alone. We need to learn our mistake that we can't just keep splashing money on punt player, quality needs to be priority first before quantity. If the right targets aren't available then put on hold, and right now the market of centre back that we need is closed while the market for top quality winger like Sancho is open.

And we still weren't in for Van Dijk. Just because we spent money the summer he moved to Liverpool doesn't mean we directly chose to sign Matic & Lindelof over him.
Just because the club didn't want to spend 75m on a centre back at that time doesn't mean we didn't want to sign him if the price is cheaper. We wanted to sign centre back, player wanted to leave and he was linked with us.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s not happening is it? I honestly feel we may have dodged a bullet. I know I’m probably the minority in that thinking but I just feel he was a little overrated. Dortmund are being very unrealistic so would be happy not to give them the cash.
Describing missing out on Sancho as dodging a bullet is certainly a unique opinion, I'll give you that. Probably up there with Zaha being a good alternative, but we're all allowed our own views!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
If this is dodging a bullet then what isn't?

RiqCantona

Neil Custis has reported that we have approached Borussia Dortmund with a view to signing Jadon Sancho.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8438783/man-utd-70m-dortmund-jadon-sancho-city-transfer/

Samuel Luckhurst has also reported that we tried to bring him to the club when he wanted out at City last year. He went on to say, we were even willing to wait past the summer window to sign him, but the player wanted out at City pronto, hence Borussia Dortmund signing him.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-jadon-sancho-transfer-15832138
The journey of a thousand pages, begins with one small speculation and thousands of muppets.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Usual page of nothingness then.

Though someone describing missing out on a wonderkid as being dodging a bullet is a whole thread lowlight.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Dortmund have played a hard game on this transfer and next year they risk losing him for much less.

Womp

idiot
We've wasted almost the whole summer pursuing one player who it's looking very likely we won't be signing. You really can't make this up. We start our season in a week, the player is going to have almost no time to actually be incorporated into the team, if we even end up signing a fecking player, that is. All that talk before the summer about taking advantage of the market etc. and it's beginning to look like VDB might be our only transfer

Womp

idiot
Dortmund have played a hard game on this transfer and next year they risk losing him for much less.
Eh, they had a price in mind that they always were going to stick by, a price that I feel is very reasonable for Sancho. It was always a case of pay it or get fecked

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Eh, they had a price in mind that they always were going to stick by, a price that I feel is very reasonable for Sancho. It was always a case of pay it or get fecked
Yes but their price is too much during these Coronavirus times and it seems that United are not too far away from their price.

WPMUFC

We've wasted almost the whole summer pursuing one player who it's looking very likely we won't be signing. You really can't make this up. We start our season in a week, the player is going to have almost no time to actually be incorporated into the team, if we even end up signing a fecking player, that is. All that talk before the summer about taking advantage of the market etc. and it's beginning to look like VDB might be our only transfer
Woodward briefing the UK press that they got an agreement with the player A MONTH after the "deadline" and either never placing an official bid or forcing Sancho to make a transfer request that never happens will go down as one of the stupidest things this club has ever done. This would even be beyond the fellaini signing. How can you brief the press about a deal with the player and then nothing happens?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Don’t give up yet! Remember how you got your tagline ;)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I read latest posts on this thread and get an impression that there is some news (mostly signaling bad) and all I find is a 2 word or a hyphenated one word tweet from Howard Nurse who appears to be not using Internet Explorer anymore.

WPMUFC

I read latest posts on this thread and get an impression that there is some news (mostly signaling bad) and all I find is a 2 word or a hyphenated one word tweet from Howard Nurse who appears to be not using Internet Explorer anymore.
The biggest downer news was a Dortmund mouthpiece chatting shit on twitter about the only thing that happened with Sancho this year was a contract extension and all the MUFC stuff was BS. That sent the Caf into a depression spiral.

DRM

Genuinely bored of this now. I don't know how you Muppets have the stamina and patience to go through the same shit everyday with this transfer. I'm more annoyed at the fact we haven't signed anyone else other than VDB.

Falcow

Describing missing out on Sancho as dodging a bullet is certainly a unique opinion, I'll give you that. Probably up there with Zaha being a good alternative, but we're all allowed our own views!
Well if we are spending 108m stg then I expect Ronaldo level dedication and professionalism, not somebody who turns up late for training because he has a 'sleeping problem'. His disciplinary problems have been largely over looked on here in the clamour to sign him.

Maybe he can overcome these issues, maybe not.

Woodward briefing the UK press that they got an agreement with the player A MONTH after the "deadline" and either never placing an official bid or forcing Sancho to make a transfer request that never happens will go down as one of the stupidest things this club has ever done. This would even be beyond the fellaini signing. How can you brief the press about a deal with the player and then nothing happens?
Get a grip and let the situation play out.

There wasn’t anyone who took that deadline seriously, Dortmund were chancing their arm, and aside from muppets on the Caf everyone realised how ridiculous it was.

Womp

idiot
Yes but their price is too much during these Coronavirus times and it seems that United are not too far away from their price.
Unfortunately that's not really how it works though, is it. No need for a team to reduce their valuation if they have no pressing need to sell. It's all a little silly to me, wasting all this time if we never had intention to pay the fee

Don’t give up yet! Remember how you got your tagline ;)
:lol: I with every bone in my body hope this is the same, hopefully the actual transfer itself turns out better though, if it does go through :nervous:

Womp

idiot

There wasn’t anyone who took that deadline seriously, Dortmund were chancing their arm, and aside from muppets on the Caf everyone realised how ridiculous it was.
That may be the case, but there does come a time when selling your best and most important player does become unreasonable. Their season is beginning, no team wants to go into their season without knowing whether or not they are going to have their best player for one and two, with constant transfer rumours and speculation potentially unsettling them/the club etc.

Which is why I see a solution happening very soon, either we walk, or we fold and pay what they want

WPMUFC

I think the deadline is meaningless.

What i'm saying is, if you brief your press about "progressing the deal" a month after the other club makes a public statement about a deadline (as fake as it likely is), then NOTHING happens for the rest of the window (no official bid, no move by sancho), then what was the point of the brief?

DevilRed

That may be the case, but there does come a time when selling your best and most important player does become unreasonable. Their season is beginning, no team wants to go into their season without knowing whether or not they are going to have their best player for one and two, with constant transfer rumours and speculation potentially unsettling them/the club etc.

Which is why I see a solution happening very soon, either we walk, or we fold and pay what they want
To be fair though, dortmund's number one mission is to ensure their clubs survivability and financial stability. Not to win trophies.

Their whole business model is built on nurturing "inexpensive" youth players and then selling them a few years on for major profits.

I'd find it hard to believe they would turn down good money even on the last day of the transfer market. Especially in this financial enviornment. They have a track record for letting key players go late in the window.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
"journalism" in 2020.

Literally any buffoon can be one now. Don't let facts or legit sources get in the way.
Journalists get asked questions on Twitter. Their response isn't an article. If you want journalism, don't go to Twitter for it.

I think the deadline is meaningless.

What i'm saying is, if you brief your press about "progressing the deal" a month after the other club makes a public statement about a deadline (as fake as it likely is), then NOTHING happens for the rest of the window (no official bid, no move by sancho), then what was the point of the brief?
I agree on that, but the next step is to negotiate with Dortmund. Both clubs now know the player wants to move, that’s an important development.

arthurka

They will create a bidding war next summer with clubs back on the market post Covid so this will definitely not be the case. If Sancho manages to have another season like his last couple of seasons have been his value will only increase. Him having three years left instead of two changed everything. Dortmund have played this like Sanchez played the grand piano.

Status
Not open for further replies.