Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stretender

We've wasted almost the whole summer pursuing one player who it's looking very likely we won't be signing. You really can't make this up. We start our season in a week, the player is going to have almost no time to actually be incorporated into the team, if we even end up signing a fecking player, that is. All that talk before the summer about taking advantage of the market etc. and it's beginning to look like VDB might be our only transfer
That is the real issue here. Everyone knows we need more players than Sancho alone. Even Ole said this at the end of last season. I have said it before our recruitment is not up to scratch really. We seem to start pursuing players when the transfer window is officially open. I doubt we do any ground work before that, in an informal way which so many clued up and well run professional teams do. Bayern, Real and Barca always do this.

Without a dedicated Director of Football we will always find ourselves in this situation. I accept may be Sancho is a huge cash layout so may be the club is using all its tactics to get a better deal. But what about the other signings? I know he doesn't sign players but Woodward as CEO heads the football operations at United and since Fergie left, they have been found wanting. He really needs to set up a professional team who are good at their job instead of entrusting everything in his University friend Matt Judge who clearly is not a seasoned football operator. Let's use our ex footballers who have better football knowledge and contacts than whatever team is there now. Van Der Sar for starters.

Reactions: Sultan

Skåre Willoch

When we signed Bastian, everyone was wetting themselves on here saying we signed a world-class player. He could not reproduce his form here for whatever reason and was let go. People claiming that Liverpool and City signed world-class players is laughable. Few of them might be now, but it's laughable when someone says someone like Otamendi was world-class. He has never been and never will be. Just because a player is in demand does not mean he is world-class.
Laugh on, mate. Because City and Liverpool has signed world class players. More world class players than United, more world class players than most sides in the world.

I dont understand how thats even debatable.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
I don’t think Dortmund are looking to replace him with an addition. Reyna would get a bigger role and they also have Hazard and Brandt who can play on the wing.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Laugh on, mate. Because City and Liverpool has signed world class players. More world class players than United, more world class players than most sides in the world.

I dont understand how thats even debatable.
City, yes. But what world class players did Liverpool sign? None of their signings screamed top class when they bought them.

DevilRed

I don’t think Dortmund are looking to replace him with an addition. Reyna would get a bigger role and they also have Hazard and Brandt who can play on the wing.
Don't they have some "15 year old" attacker coming through as well?

They've got plenty of players waiting to be showcased in their shop window now that Sancho has maximised his value.

macheda14

City, yes. But what world class players did Liverpool sign? None of their signings screamed top class when they bought them.
Alisson was definitely regarded as one of the top keepers around when they got him. But beyond that I’d say you’re right.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Alisson was definitely regarded as one of the top keepers around when they got him. But beyond that I’d say you’re right.
Agree on Alisson, maybe VVD pushing towards that level as well, but generally I wouldn't associate Liverpools success (:rolleyes:) with buying superstars.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Describing missing out on Sancho as dodging a bullet is certainly a unique opinion, I'll give you that. Probably up there with Zaha being a good alternative, but we're all allowed our own views!
Interesting POV, to be fair (both).

RkkMan

They also signed an attacking player Reinier Jesus from Madrid on a 2yr loan. Factor in BVB`s main formation is 3-4-2-1 for the "2 attacking positions" they currently have 6 players Reus, Brandt(used to be a CM but plays in a more advanced role now and Bellingham will be starting most games in CM next to Witsel anyway), Thorgan Hazard, Reyna, Sancho and Reinier Jesus so technically they can/have replace(d) Sancho from within.

red4ever 79

Im going to give you all some hope.

Laurie Whitwell (Athletic) good reliable correspondent for Utd has spoken

Ole wanted Sancho since Champions league was secured when Utd knew thier finance situation.

Utd wanted to negotiate directly with Dortmund, however Dortmund insisted on 3rd party. (we knew this part)

Utd have agreed ages and agent fees with Sancho's camp

Dortmund want 120m eur guranteed

Utd will meet that, but they want to have certain parts of that fee broken down in installments and based on incentives.

The two clubs are in discussions and I guess this could go either way. However I do think we will get him.

WPMUFC

Ole wanted Sancho since Champions league was secured when Utd knew thier finance situation.

Utd wanted to negotiate directly with Dortmund, however Dortmund insisted on 3rd party. (we knew this part)

Utd will meet that, but they want to have certain parts of that fee broken down in installments and based on incentives.

The two clubs are in discussions and I guess this could go either way. However I do think we will get him.
when was this written?

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
This is actually very far from the truth, but has been repeated in this thread over and over again. Even with Sancho staying Dortmund have a very thin squad on the wings. The only wingers I would want to regularly see in the first team are Sancho an Hazard. You mentioned Reyna as a replacement who really is more suited to a more central role. The same is true for Reus and Brandt with especially the latter showing significantly stronger performances through the center as opposed to the wing. I see Reus as a better option on the wing compared to Brandt but Favre has not used him there at all and I don't expect him to change that in the coming season.

Additionally to Hazard and Sancho playing on the right we have Wolf who came back from a loan to Hertha and who should be offloaded as he is simply not good enough. Finally we have Guerreiro who has shown excellent form last season as a left midfielder but usually plays from deeper positions and is not really a winger either. Reinier has been mentioned but I assume he was meant as a stopgap for Reus who was dealing with a long term injury. I honestly don't really understand his loan as he is a central player and further clogs the central positions. I assume he will rather be the backup for Haaland as we don't have a second nominal striker.

Long story short: If Sancho were to leave Dortmund this summer it would be absolutely mandatory to not only bring in a replacement but to bring in someone who can replace him in the first team. Dortmund do NOT have the players filling a Sancho shaped whole in the squad already. Furthermore I do not see who they would bring in to replace him as there are zero rumours about Dortmund being active in the transfer market.

Swearing Budgie

I just meant that over 900 pages there should be more than enough opinions on him to be able to judge
Well he seems to me like a very good prospect. But over 100 million quid should buy you a guaranteed WC player, surely?

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
How many likes does one need to get the status of "ITK"?

It completely sucks not knowing anything at all. Might go and empty the bins.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
He even explains why Ole doesnt make changes during matches (he doesnt trust the quality of the players on the bench) Again we all kind of new that, but it's nice to hear that from someone who does have connections with the club and does speak with Ole on a regular basis
What I don’t understand is he started not involving the squad players basically after Norwich when they were awful. It was obvious he wants more quality and he froze a lot out and even openly stated as much. Doing that made me pretty sure we’d be signing players this summer, as it stands we’ve alienated those players we do have and made it clear they aren’t good enough but we haven’t replaced any other than Pereira with VDB. If this is what we’re stuck with then telling everyone they aren’t good enough isn’t really the right approach. Unless Ole was under the impression we would be signing 4/5 this summer and they’ve badly let him down I don’t get why he’d do that.

macheda14

That was tragic :lol:
I like them in as much as they’re passionate fans who manage to get some great people to interview. But my word do their questions take half an hour to get out without there even really being a question there sometime. Just so much dead space in the interviews waiting for them to finish their point and get back to the guest.

‘So you know people in the club and Ole, well we were talking about this last night weren’t we, we was talking about Seville weren’t we... Well Ole he’s always just there and we’re watching it on the tv y’know and he’s just there and we’re thinking why aren’t you making subs...’
Cue guest sitting there wondering if that was a question

(That’s a false example but I couldn’t be arse to write verbatim their whole bit about a lack of transfers that went nowhere)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I like them in as much as they’re passionate fans who manage to get some great people to interview. But my word do their questions take half an hour to get out without there even really being a question there sometime. Just so much dead space in the interviews waiting for them to finish their point and get back to the guest.

‘So you know people in the club and Ole, well we were talking about this last night weren’t we, we was talking about Seville weren’t we... Well Ole he’s always just there and we’re watching it on the tv y’know and he’s just there and we’re thinking why aren’t you making subs...’

(That’s a false example but I couldn’t be arse to write verbatim their whole bit about a lack of transfers that went nowhere)
Yeah they’re proper fans but it’s really hard to watch at times.

red4ever 79

What I don’t understand is he started not involving the squad players basically after Norwich when they were awful. It was obvious he wants more quality and he froze a lot out and even openly stated as much. Doing that made me pretty sure we’d be signing players this summer, as it stands we’ve alienated those players we do have and made it clear they aren’t good enough but we haven’t replaced any other than Pereira with VDB. If this is what we’re stuck with then telling everyone they aren’t good enough isn’t really the right approach. Unless Ole was under the impression we would be signing 4/5 this summer and they’ve badly let him down I don’t get why he’d do that.
Have you watched the interview in the video above? Ole wants players, he is pushing Woodward, Utd are working on things. If we dont get anyone Ole will of course work with what he has got. If we do not get players in, the the fault lies on one bald eagle

red4ever 79

I prefer to watch them over the other shite (Goldbridge and Howson) These lads are genuine fans. Webby used to work at OT and works at the hotel. They get all the ex players on to interview. They just maybe dont have the interview/presentation skills however you cant deny they get good people on who have a knowledge of the club

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Have you watched the interview in the video above? Ole wants players, he is pushing Woodward, Utd are working on things. If we dont get anyone Ole will of course work with what he has got. If we do not get players in, the the fault lies on one bald eagle
No I struggle to watch those two! I’ve watched their stuff with Neville and Giggs mainly to see if they miss the pen at the end!

I think all that is fairly obvious. It’s why I’m fairly sure we will get players. Woody can’t afford another failing summer, the pressure was already turning to him and the Glazers last year. I think the issue is clubs are waiting until the end to see how desperate clubs are to sell due to covid so we can’t sell our fringe players at the moment. I do think it’ll be a mad end to the window in general.

red4ever 79

No I struggle to watch those two! I’ve watched their stuff with Neville and Giggs mainly to see if they miss the pen at the end!

I think all that is fairly obvious. It’s why I’m fairly sure we will get players. Woody can’t afford another failing summer, the pressure was already turning to him and the Glazers last year. I think the issue is clubs are waiting until the end to see how desperate clubs are to sell due to covid so we can’t sell our fringe players at the moment. I do think it’ll be a mad end to the window in general.
I like them. The guy on from the Athletic has good ties with Ole. He even explained why we cant sell our fringe players (mentioned Jones specifically) because of their wages. What fecking bad management of our club. We can all name the players who should be kicked out. Jones, Rojo, Lingard, Perriera, Mata.

FizzyWomack

Was this a joke mate?

Literally all of the above has been said for the past 200 pages :D

But good summary!

Happy Saturday everyone.

Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.