Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Manos

Dortmund's standpoint just doesn't make sense. It's evident we are still talking with them, in other words, they are willing to do a deal. Yet in the media they clearly communicate he's not going anywhere? It's just bizarre. United surely would have moved on a longtime ago if a deal was a 100% not happening this summer. We haven't been linked to any alternatives either, so where is this confidence coming from is the question? Sancho's desire to join perhaps? If that's the case he will be asked to submit a transfer request by Dortmund to save face no doubt. That's the only explanation I can thing of, Sancho's camp saying they want the deal to happen this summer. Why else pursue a dead deal?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Dortmund's standpoint just doesn't make sense. It's evident we are still talking with them, in other words, they are willing to do a deal. Yet in the media they clearly communicate he's not going anywhere? It's just bizarre. United surely would have moved on a longtime ago if a deal was a 100% not happening this summer. We haven't been linked to any alternatives either, so where is this confidence coming from is the question? Sancho's desire to join perhaps? If that's the case he will be asked to submit a transfer request by Dortmund to save face no doubt.
Their stance makes sense if United have yet to agree to pay what they want...

Hoof the ball

Who would win in a fight ‘ one megathread with 1,000 pages, we really should have 1,000 threads with 1 page.’?
I'm all for it, and to up the ante, the poster who is responsible for turning that one-page thread into a two-page thread is thread banned from the subsequent newly created one-page thread.

El-Manos

Their stance makes sense if United have yet to agree to pay what they want...
True but according to sources we have already met their valuation, the only problem is the instalments in which they will be paid. So let's say we agree a deal, how are they going to save face? After saying he is 100% not moving this summer?

Stretender

Dortmund's standpoint just doesn't make sense. It's evident we are still talking with them, in other words, they are willing to do a deal. Yet in the media they clearly communicate he's not going anywhere? It's just bizarre. United surely would have moved on a longtime ago if a deal was a 100% not happening this summer. We haven't been linked to any alternatives either, so where is this confidence coming from is the question? Sancho's desire to join perhaps? If that's the case he will be asked to submit a transfer request by Dortmund to save face no doubt.
There is no stand point mate. Pay 120 million Euros or jog on. We are here because of our own incompetence. Stop blaming Dortmund.

El-Manos

There is no stand point mate. Pay 120 million Euros or jog on. We are here because of our own incompetence. Stop blaming Dortmund.
Where am I blaming Dortmund exactly? I'm asking for clarification on their stance considering we are clearly still in negotiation. Relax a small bit.

TheGodsInRed

Have the other big Dortmund sales taken this long, or were they done early?

That would be a good indicator whether Dortmund like to play hard ball and play the long game.

Stretender

Where am I blaming Dortmund exactly? I'm asking for clarification on their stance considering we are clearly still in negotiation. Relax a small bit.
Their stance is we pay 120 million or shut up. They won't change.

Cassidy

True but according to sources we have already met their valuation, the only problem is the instalments in which they will be paid. So let's say we agree a deal, how are they going to save face? After saying he is 100% not moving this summer?
So then we haven't met their valuation/asking price then

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Their stance is we pay 120 million or shut up. They won't change.
And we've already made it clear that we're happy to pay €120 million, but we want to structure it so we can pay in installments and easily achievable addons. It's upto Dortmund to deicde whether they accept that or not, and to find a happy medium

Chief123

Stay strong and have faith. This is happening.

The fee of 120m is already “agreed” between both teams. Dortmund want it to be a guaranteed payment of 120m over next few years. Utd want it to be a conditional fee “potentially” going to 120m based on targets being met.

When this is the difference in negotiations, it will get sorted. Utd aren’t going to pull out on that basis. Its simply selling a Smalling or Lingard to cover it. Utd have put too much into it to pull out now.

SwedishFish

It's just posturing to make United pay up. They know it works in their favour economically.

They'll still look like idiots though.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Let's say we do agree a deal, what then? They will look like idiots for saying he wouldn't move this summer.
No they won't, because they'll simply blame Sancho saying he forced their hand and wanted the move due to being homesick etc. It's a win-win for them. He stays, they keep him for another season, he leaves they get a lot of money and can blame him for wanting the move

Stretender

Let's say we do agree a deal, what then? They will look like idiots for saying he wouldn't move this summer.
Do you seriously believe what Clubs say in the media? Its called posturing to their fans. Remember SAF and Madrid, I wouldn't sell them a virus. Public statements like that mean nothing. Every footballer has a price. Even Messi.

Cassidy

And we've already made it clear that we're happy to pay €120 million, but we want to structure it so we can pay in installments and easily achievable addons. It's upto Dortmund to deicde whether they accept that or not, and to find a happy medium
I think you will find they already decided...

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Deal needs to be done in the next few days for the start of the season.

ShinjiNinja26

That’s the thing though they don’t want it payed in installments or add ons, they want the €120m paid in full or he doesn’t go anywhere. Which is a pretty crazy demand but he’s their player so can do whatever they want unfortunately.

Andersons Dietician

That’s the thing though they don’t want it payed in installments or add ons, they want the €120m paid in full or he doesn’t go anywhere. Which is a pretty crazy demand but he’s their player so can do whatever they want unfortunately.
I don’t think that is true. They want a guaranteed fee that amount to 120 mil.

None of this oh you’ll get 5 mil if he scores or assists 20 times in the league or win the champions league or things like that.

Sure it was said they are happy to structure a deal but it must mean they get 120 mil. Not possibly get 120 mil.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think you will find they already decided...
No, it's widely reported that they want a total of €120m guaranteed. I'm pretty sure they'd take installments, but United want to add addons to make it up to €120m, meaning that overall, they may get him for less than what Dortmund want. I'm pretty certain if United offered €70m this year, €30m next year and €20m the year after, Dortmund would likely agree and accept.

Thatsjust my opinion though, United might want to add things like €Xm after xx goals, or €Xm after xx amount of appearances. That'll be their definition of easily achievable, but it's not what Dortmund want.

Cassidy

No, it's widely reported that they want a total of €120m guaranteed. I'm pretty sure they'd take installments, but United want to add addons to make it up to €120m, meaning that overall, they may get him for less than what Dortmund want. I'm pretty certain if United offered €70m this year, €30m next year and €20m the year after, Dortmund would likely agree and accept.

Thatsjust my opinion though, United might want to add things like €Xm after xx goals, or €Xm after xx amount of appearances. That'll be their definition of easily achievable, but it's not what Dortmund want.
So that means they have decided what they want. And United need to decide if they will meet it or not

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
So that means they have decided what they want. And United need to decide if they will meet it or not
Thats why we're negotiating... I'm pretty sure we'll come to some kind of agreement, but you never know.
Either way, i can see it dragging out for a little while longer yet

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Thats why we're negotiating... I'm pretty sure we'll come to some kind of agreement, but you never know.
Either way, i can see it dragging out for a little while longer yet
But why are we negotiating now, when the PL has started?
Should've been done months ago.

GameOn

How many times should they release the same statement?

They've said it two times already: United has to pay €120 million in full (no add-ons or performance based clauses) or there simply won't be any deal.

Dortmund has been adamant on that.

I really don't get why Woody & Co. don't just pay up already. It's like they don't get that Dortmund simply has no pressure at all. They still have Sancho under contract through 2023 and he's not throwing a tantrum or trying to force his way out either. If we don't pay up, he'll simply play this year for Dortmund, it's really that easy.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very few excepting some of the most important suits in the boardrooms from both sides will know what's really happening behind the scenes. Everything else is managed leaks for our consumption. It's up to us then accept the leaks, make assumptions or summarise by reading between the lines.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Very few excepting some of the most important suits in the boardrooms from both sides will know what's really happening behind the scenes. Everything else is managed leaks for our consumption. It's up to us then accept the leaks, make assumptions or summarise by reading between the lines.
Yup i agree.
Thats the very simple fact really, it's all opinion and guess work on our side and interpreting the leaks the best we can.

It does confuse me how reports got out saying that we were struggling with the agent fee/wages but we didn't consider the fee with Dortmund very difficult to overcome, yet now the agent fee/wages have been resolved, everything seems to have grinded to a halt. I still believe we'll get him, but i'm seriously questioning the validity of these leaks.

Redbandito

There is no such thing as first 16 when talking about elite level players. They all want to start and play in every big match.

All of the players mentioned are better than Ole. I agree with @HowYouDoin . Greenwood, Martial, Rashford, and Sancho are all young, will expect to be starters, and play in important matches. This isn't FIFA or FM. You can't amass a team of young star players and expect them to be fine jostling for playing time. Eventually one of them will want to leave.
That’s fine, but Sancho is probably the best of the bunch. If he earns a starting spot and pushes another one of those three out, leading them to want to leave the club then you have a valuable commodity to sell. The club should always churn the roster and make improvements where they can...even in positions of relative strength.

Reactions: Sultan

RiqCantona

Agree. And I think the club has also limited the number of people actually involved with transfers - particularly this one. They are playing it close to the chest and were apparently unhappy with so many leaks in August. Besides, I think the news we get from Romano, Twitter, and so-called ITKs reach us at least 24hrs later.

SwedishFish

Yup i agree.
Thats the very simple fact really, it's all opinion and guess work on our side and interpreting the leaks the best we can.

It does confuse me how reports got out saying that we were struggling with the agent fee/wages but we didn't consider the fee with Dortmund very difficult to overcome, yet now the agent fee/wages have been resolved, everything seems to have grinded to a halt. I still believe we'll get him, but i'm seriously questioning the validity of these leaks.
Think that's because discussions are going on, I expect when something happens it will be rather dramatically.

Fooza

This is hilarious, no wonder no one watches this rubbish on Sky anymore

mu4c_20le

Wow he looks pretty washed up here. Such a far cry from the clean cut, sweater vest wearing manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.