g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Us not being able to raise any funds from our duds, and still having so many on mad wages is making this impossible for the board to sanction.

I think they thought they could raise a decent chunk of this fee from moving on the likes of Rojo, Smalling, Dalot and Romero, and in the same breath opening up wages to bring him in. This hasn't been possible. Our squad players are impossible to move on due to their wages and quality.

We just seem to be between a rock and a hard place due to the overall financial situation, and our own total failings in keeping low quality players on extortionate wages.

MDFC Manager

I havnt seen enough of either to make a judgment really, just the off champs league or international match.
Last summer reading here it was haaland who was the best young prospect when we were linked with him and people losing their shit with him being a generational talent we couldn’t miss, no mention of sancho. Now that’s been flipped on it’s head we’re linked with sancho
That was mostly because Haaland was on the move last season (we failed to buy him), Sancho wasn't.

Chief123

Isn't that the point though. They are buying the club using the clubs generated income, all the while pocketing money themselves.

How different would it be if they didn't own us? We could be bayern Munich.
But we’ve probably spent more than Bayern in the last 5 years. Us spending is not the problem. It’s spending it on the right players. If there is one thing we absolutely can not blame Glazers for is lack of spending. They’ve thrown money on transfers. And spent it badly.

Utd are not shy to go into debt. Even if it means going into even further debt. The revenue means we are able to service the debt. Yes it’s not a great situation to have a club in debt but we have been in that situation for the last 15 years since Glazers took over. We will continue to spend big virtually every season.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Muppets like complaining about United not breaking the British transfer record during the worst pandemic in 50 years. Such gross incompetence.
Most think it is a lot of money and could understand if they actually came out and said that. What bugs people is that they keep saying about us having scouts everywhere and all the alternatives are an injury prone spitter in Douglas Costa, an injury prone part-time golfer in Gareth Bale and Ivan Perisic (who I do rate) who according to a few actually plays on the opposite side to what we need and who we wouldn't let Jose have. Where are the other up and coming stars these scouts should be looking for?

kirk buttercup

We will land this one . This is like going out fishing and going after a Tuna, yes there are plenty of Mackerel around and you can easily catch them & have a decent meal , But you know that Tuna is there , we have the first Bites and We know in our heart that when we are reeling it in slowly and when we finally land it This is something that was worth waiting for. High Risk High Reward.

romufc

Fans who say, if we are not in for Sancho there would be brief. The last couple of days those briefs are out. United will pull out and alternatives are mentioned.

The disappointment when he starts tomorrow, will be worse than a heartbreak for some.

DomesticTadpole

But we’ve probably spent more than Bayern in the last 5 years. Us spending is not the problem. It’s spending it on the right players. If there is one thing we absolutely can not blame Glazers for is lack of spending. They’ve thrown money on transfers. And spent it badly.

Utd are not shy to go into debt. Even if it means going into even further debt. The revenue means we are able to service the debt. Yes it’s not a great situation to have a club in debt but we have been in that situation for the last 15 years since Glazers took over. We will continue to spend big virtually every season.
Wouldn't you think that the Glazers should have realised by now this is happening and that it might be a good idea to have someone spending the money who actually has a smidgeon of footballing knowledge.

Chief123

Wouldn't you think that the Glazers should have realised by now this is happening and that it might be a good idea to have someone spending the money who actually has a smidgeon of footballing knowledge.
There’s a lot of things they need to improve. But lack of spending is not a problem at Utd. Just ask Liverpool.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Most think it is a lot of money and could understand if they actually came out and said that. What bugs people is that they keep saying about us having scouts everywhere and all the alternatives are an injury prone spitter in Douglas Costa, an injury prone part-time golfer in Gareth Bale and Ivan Perisic (who I do rate) who according to a few actually plays on the opposite side to what we need and who we wouldn't let Jose have. Where are the other up and coming stars these scouts should be looking for?
I don't know how realistic it is but players like Kubo or Odegaard would fit the bill. If they were available for 50 something millions or below we should go in that direction.

DomesticTadpole

Fans who say, if we are not in for Sancho there would be brief. The last couple of days those briefs are out. United will pull out and alternatives are mentioned.

The disappointment when he starts tomorrow, will be worse than a heartbreak for some.
That is true. Think it is the alternatives that are scaring people. Are they going to go for a one season loan and then go back in for Sancho next summer, when there will be other clubs involved who are a much more attractive proposition for Sancho?

Chief123

I don't know how realistic it is but players like Kubo or Odegaard would fit the bill. If they were available for 50 something millions or below we should go in that direction.
Real Madrid would want a ridiculous fee for Kubo.

DomesticTadpole

There’s a lot of things they need to improve. But lack of spending is not a problem at Utd. Just ask Liverpool.
I agree we have spent big, money isn't the problem it is the scattergun methods we have used to spend that money. Most of those players have now either gone or we are still trying to ship out.

diarm

We've spent around £650 million over the last 5 years. Bayern have spent around £350 mil during the same time.

Zlatans Knee

Us not being able to raise any funds from our duds, and still having so many on mad wages is making this impossible for the board to sanction.

I think they thought they could raise a decent chunk of this fee from moving on the likes of Rojo, Smalling, Dalot and Romero, and in the same breath opening up wages to bring him in. This hasn't been possible. Our squad players are impossible to move on due to their wages and quality.

We just seem to be between a rock and a hard place due to the overall financial situation, and our own total failings in keeping low quality players on extortionate wages.
This ☝

RkkMan

Utd briefing they`ve walked away and Utd briefing about alternatives are two VERY different things. There was similar talk about the latter with Bruno/Maguire/AWB and they still ended up here

JPRouve

Scout
Real Madrid would want a ridiculous fee for Kubo.
Ask them before making that claim and all wealthy clubs will ask for ridiculous money for their players, that's what Dortmund are currently doing.

Eplel

That is true. Think it is the alternatives that are scaring people. Are they going to go for a one season loan and then go back in for Sancho next summer, when there will be other clubs involved who are a much more attractive proposition for Sancho?
Even worse, Sancho now sees that we don't mean business, there's no way we would go for him next summer without him laughing it off

RepardReece

Utd briefing they`ve walked away and Utd briefing about alternatives are two VERY different things. There was similar talk about the latter with Bruno/Maguire/AWB and they still ended up here

This, deals on until it's not. Reckon this next week will be make or break for us.

romufc

I get the issues with the alternatives, which will also cost money. I.e Bale would cost loan fee plus 300k wages.

Then we will go into next season with another Sancho saga with more clubs involved so the price will still be £100m but his agent fees and wages will be more.

If we cannot afford to buy him this summer, what makes us think we can afford him next?

Why not spend the money this year so you save on buying an alternative if you are going to spent the money next year anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm joining the people who have given up on this transfer. This tweet just points out the obvious again. I can't see them spend this much.

As a professional, I see nothing wrong. It's their business, they have taken the risks.
As a fan though, I am weeping.

Amarsdd

I have been thinking about it for weeks, they should nuke it at 999 pages. :lol:
There will be protests in the streets of the Redcafe Football Forum. The Muppets will throw molotov cocktails of protest threads and bring football discussions to a halt, and also cancel the caf. Mods will face the full wrath of the Muppets.

DomesticTadpole

The owners don't care about big names, so don't start that type of narrative.
I am inclined to agree, but Ed would like it. Most seasons, not all, we try to have one big name signing. I would love Sancho, so either buy him or move on. I don't want it dragging on and them leave Ole with apart from Donny, the same squad he had last season that was on it last legs by the end of the season.

Chief123

I know there’s a lot of bullshit that gets banded about, especially on twitter which leads to meltdowns and anxiety.

But sieving the crap from the truth, let’s not forget that Utd mouthpiece James Cooper mentioned a few weeks ago that the fee and the structure would not be a problem. He would not be briefed that if we did not have the means to sign him. The fact that was even briefed tells me this will get done no matter what it takes. Utd are just being stingy and trying to get the best price.

Last edited:

RkkMan

I know there’s a lot of bullshit that gets banded about, especially on twitter which leads to meltdowns and anxiety.

But sieving the crap from the truth, let’s not forget that Utd mouthpiece James Cooper mentioned a few weeks ago that the fee and the structure would not be a problem. He would not be briefed that if we did not have the means to sign him. The fact that was even briefed tells me this will get done no matter what it takes. Utd are just being Jewish and trying to get the best price.
Rational thinking is not allowed on this forum though too many Monday blues moods going on here :lol:

SATA

We seem to walk a long long distance away from deals but then to come back in again. It will be the same this deal lads

And here's to 1000 pages soon :drool:

But sieving the crap from the truth, let’s not forget that Utd mouthpiece James Cooper mentioned a few weeks ago that the fee and the structure would not be a problem. He would not be briefed that if we did not have the means to sign him. The fact that was even briefed tells me this will get done no matter what it takes. Utd are just being Jewish and trying to get the best price.
feck your casual antisemitism.

RkkMan

This, deals on until it's not. Reckon this next week will be make or break for us.
Here`s another one muppets are probably not aware about and we signed AWB like 3 days later as you`ve said its on till its not

rotherham_red

I keep hearing this, but who are these clubs? Barca, who are as financially fecked as a young blonde thing literally is in a Blacked scene? Real, who are in the midst of an expensive stadium redevelopment slap bang in the middle of a pandemic, and who in any case will be having their eyes on Mbappe? Chelsea are well and truly stacked there, with the price being too prohibitive. He's persona non grata at City while Pep is there, and like Madrid with Mbappe, they will likely only have eyes for Messi. Liverpool are struggling to muster £25m for Thiago. And the Italians currently don't have any capabilities or wherewithall to carry out and spend the outlay required.

There are going to be at least 2 or 3 other superstar or potential superstar players available next summer in Messi, Mbappe, Haaland, maybe even Neymar. And even if there is an auction situation, Utd fought their way through to the front of the pack pre-pandemic, and if they need to, they'll do the same next summer.

I've got little to no worries on that front.

However, I do still have confidence that this deal will go through this summer. We took an age to agree to terms with Sancho, and we'll take a while to agree the fee with Dortmund. It's just what we do.

JPRouve

Scout
I am inclined to agree, but Ed would like it. Most seasons, not all, we try to have one big name signing. I would love Sancho, so either buy him or move on. I don't want it dragging on and them leave Ole with apart from Donny, the same squad he had last season that was on it last legs by the end of the season.
Every season we try to sign good players that the manager wants and the top players that we try to sign are obviously famous like all the top players that team try to sign, it has nothing to do with Woodward or the owners. If you are good at Football you will have a "big" name. Also people take some liberties with the terms big name because Ole didn't sign a single one, Maguire a player that has no continental reputation wasn't a big name, nor was Fernandes or Fred, these are the last big transfers that we made.
Also have you asked yourself what Ole wants, what are the alternative that he targetted or if he prefers to stick to Sancho even if it means signing him in 2021? That's an other problem that I have with some fans, when a transfer is deemed good the manager is a genius despite the owners/Woodward but when a player isn't signed, alternatives aren't offered or the signing is poor the manager miraculously becomes a victim, he isn't a decision maker anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.