Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why is everyone jumping on the "its over if he starts" bandwagon?

Maguire started for Leicester right until he signed for us? Muppets are falling at huge rates now
Yep. It means nothing if a Dortmund player plays for them.

However, if he doesn’t start.. then I think we can get excited.

CG1010

Why is everyone jumping on the "its over if he starts" bandwagon?

Maguire started for Leicester right until he signed for us? Muppets are falling at huge rates now
Its not "over" but it is certainly not close then, and we have days or weeks of uncertainty ahead of us.

SATA

Maguire started in friendlies which are just frankly kickabouts. The cup game tonight is a real competitive match against a cup opponent who also wants to win. Bruno i give you that but he insisted on playing in his last game. It depends on Sancho I guess if the move is indeed near. VDB apparently didn't want to play in Ajax last friendly when he realised the move to United was very close

RashysTekkers

My goodness. You’d think we just had a funeral in here. Some of the posts are bat shit crazy.

Basically, Ed strung us along all summer even though he had no intention of signing Sancho. It was just to make the fans and manager happy. Makes sense.

Our season is over already because the rest of our team are a bunch of part-time footballers who do the milk rounds during the nights.

I bet some of the posters here are amazingly positive inspiring people to be around!
Seeing these man-child meltdowns are actually hilarious. Imagine grown ass adults typing essays furiously on their keyboards, ranting nonsensically about something completely made up in their head.

red4ever 79

Its not "over" but it is certainly not close then, and we have days or weeks of uncertainty ahead of us.
Exactly this. If the deal is close then he wont play due to risk of injury. We did something similar with DVB didnt we. He was pulled from the 2 friendly games whilst we were in negotiation. I agree with you whether he plays or not will tell us how far advanced the negotiations are.

RashysTekkers

We're just not positive about giving Pereira another 25 starts this season once one of our starters gets injured or needs a rest.
So according to you we gonna start pereira while Donny VDB rots on the bench. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Maguire started in friendlies which are just frankly kickabouts. The cup game tonight is a real competitive match against a cup opponent who also wants to win. Bruno i give you that but he insisted on playing in his last game. It depends on Sancho I guess if the move is indeed near. VDB apparently didn't want to play in Ajax last friendly when he realised the move to United was very close
They are playing a 3rd league team. I'd be surprised to see their best 11 tonight.

red4ever 79

If we cant get Sancho then i would be all for Richarlson. Absolute top quality, can play across the front 3, is quick has pace good dribbler and has a good shot. Would much prefer him than Brooks, Bale, Peresic someone like that

Red_toad

If we cant get Sancho then i would be all for Richarlson. Absolute top quality, can play across the front 3, is quick has pace good dribbler and has a good shot. Would much prefer him than Brooks, Bale, Peresic someone like that
He’d cost almost as much, Everton are building and won’t sell cheaply.

GoldanoGraham

What would be the logic of signing him this week now? Just so that he can’t get any preseason in with us?

Surely the same parameters apply to make this happen now as of 6 weeks ago.....???

and where the hell has Woody been recently - he’s been very much stealth like - not a peep out of him? Not even anything about our new stationary supply sponsor......

Chief123

Sancho playing tonight makes absolutely no difference if he’s signing. Utd are in “negotiations” with Dortmund. If Dortmund chose not to play him, it weakens their hand in the negotiations and seems they are resigned to losing him. It is not a deal breaker if Sancho plays.

Last edited:

Chief123

No. Everton would want £80m plus.

Chief123

What would be the logic of signing him this week now? Just so that he can’t get any preseason in with us?

Surely the same parameters apply to make this happen now as of 6 weeks ago.....???

and where the hell has Woody been recently - he’s been very much stealth like - not a peep out of him? Not even anything about our new stationary supply sponsor......
There’s a bit too much emphasis on him being with us for “Pre-season”. If there is one year where pre season is insignificant it’s this year. No team has had a proper pre-season. It’s actually been better Sancho has been with Dortmund and got a proper training schedule and games in.

Even if we sign him on the last day of the window it’s no big deal. I’m pretty sure we’ll be alright with playing Greenwood right wing first few games. I mean he’s kinda alright isn’t he.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His end product was even worse than Dan James against Spurs.

Everton rejected 80m from Barcelona also - so I don't think he's realistic.

Chief123

So we save 40m eur then. Can use that to buy a CB
Why blow 80m on Richarlison. The options being touted are regarded as stop gaps (even though they are nonsense). We would be stupid to pay the price it would take to get richarlison. He wouldn’t be the worth the price he’d cost.

CG1010

They are playing a 3rd league team. I'd be surprised to see their best 11 tonight.
Not sure of Dortmund's style but with United I am sure Ole would have welcomed the chance to give his best players some minutes in a competitive match against a lower placed team just before the league season started.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There’s a bit too much emphasis on him being with us for “Pre-season”. If there is one year where pre season is insignificant it’s this year. No team has had a proper pre-season. It’s actually been better Sancho has been with Dortmund and got a proper training schedule and games in.

Even if we sign him on the last day of the window it’s no big deal. I’m pretty sure we’ll be alright with playing Greenwood right wing first few games. I mean he’s kinda alright isn’t he.
Also we don't sign players just for one year, unless the club is supposed to disappear at the end of this season and no one told me? The obsession with only thinking very short term is just weird, if we get Sancho on the last day of the transfer window everyone will be happy.

mav_9me

I'm joining the people who have given up on this transfer. This tweet just points out the obvious again. I can't see them spend this much.

lewwoo

Its fine we have Jlingz plus glazers can take bigger dividends. Never needed him anyway. Chelsea are the stupid ones for showing ambition and spending the owners money.

mav_9me

Yep. Then when we inevitably go through some bad form cause our squad is shite and our management/board are incompetent, they will leak some information about us pursuing a DOF, only for it to amount to nothing. If we are lucky, they may throw us a bone and sign a panic buy in January, which may get us over the line to what is considered an acceptable season these days - top 4. If not, they sack the manager and we repeat this whole dance again.
Spot on

SplitzMagic

This transfer saga is worse than Boris and covid.

We are getting the transfer done

We are not getting the transfer done

Transfer could be on, if it's on... It's on

Get the transfer done, don't get the transfer done

Fees are good to go and dortmund should accept

Fees aren't good and dortmund won't accept

Sancho salary agreed and sorted

Sancho salary not sorted as agents want big commission

We are doing this deal

Oh... We'll pull out of this deal and sign Brooks for 50m instead

Actually dortmund seem ready to deal in instalments

Nope they're not going to accept instalments

Let's offer them lingard instead in a straight swap

Deal is over... If its over its over or possibly on still. Or off.. Hmm.

But it might not be he he he

:lol:

hungrywing

I'm joining the people who have given up on this transfer. This tweet just points out the obvious again. I can't see them spend this much.

Insolence! Silence! The Glazers and Woodward wear suits to work! Therefore you plebians all know they are inherently more knowledgeable, kinder and most nobler than thou!

RkkMan

This isn`t what to post in this thread but for benefits sake this isn`t the reason why we can`t spend the glazers have taken more money out of us than any other PL club over the last 5 years but we`ve still been one of the highest spenders in Europe in that period and factor in we`ve gotten over 80m in revenue from getting CL football and reaching the latter stages of the EL. The money IS THERE for Sancho they`re just being stingy with it

Chief123

That shows nothing in relation to how much money has come into the club from revenues and commercial deals. There’s a reason money has gone out to the owners and they’ve not had to put anything in. It’s because Utd makes a shit load of money for itself. Such a nothing post.

Chief123

This transfer saga is worse than Boris and covid.

We are getting the transfer done

We are not getting the transfer done

Transfer could be on, if it's on... It's on

Get the transfer done, don't get the transfer done

Fees are good to go and dortmund should accept

Fees aren't good and dortmund won't accept

Sancho salary agreed and sorted

Sancho salary not sorted as agents want big commission

We are doing this deal

Oh... We'll pull out of this deal and sign Brooks for 50m instead

Actually dortmund seem ready to deal in instalments

Nope they're not going to accept instalments

Let's offer them lingard instead in a straight swap

Deal is over... If its over its over or possibly on still. Or off.. Hmm.

But it might not be he he he

:lol:
The line spacing killed me.

RkkMan

Can people for the sake of their mental health just wait till we actually make an official bid before they start acting all apathetic and apocalyptic? Thats the one thing that could spark the chain reaction needed to either complete this deal or look at alternatives. With agent fees and wages done you don`t need to be Einstein to know the next step to be done which WILL be done is now approaching BVB we won`t go through all that work only to say "feck BVB we won`t offer anything" whether we get to a fee agreement another story until then wait till the 2 clubs OFFICIALLY start communicating before ruling anything out

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If he plays tonight, we are not signing him and people need to get over it.
By that logic looks like Rice to Chelsea is also off, seeing as how he played for West Ham.

Why wouldn't any club play a player on their books? As long as he's there, why wouldn't they play him?

Adcuth

If he plays tonight, we are not signing him and people need to get over it.
If he plays tonight were just not signing him in the next couple of days. We're only not signing him when the window closes or we brief the press that were moving onto a different target

DCP

This isn`t what to post in this thread but for benefits sake this isn`t the reason why we can`t spend the glazers have taken more money out of us than any other PL club over the last 5 years but we`ve still been one of the highest spenders in Europe in that period and factor in we`ve gotten over 80m in revenue from getting CL football and reaching the latter stages of the EL. The money IS THERE for Sancho they`re just being stingy with it
I'm almost certain that you can't call a club 'stingy' for not going all in with £108m or even E99.8m if the papers are incorrectly quoting Euro figures as GBP.

It's a hell of a lot of money, Sancho may well go on to become a top top world top 3 player, but he isn't that currently, we would still be paying for potential. The issue is the serious lack of alternatives. There are none so how to be even look to drive that price down? Don't pay up and spend a year trying to stick Dan James in as a back up to Greenwood? Really doesn't put us in a great negotiating position.

Personally I'd go all in, give them the money, finance it however we can, go back to the bond market to raise further finance, whatever..... but i really don't think £108m is a responsible financial outlay.

Kostov

The worst thing is, we need more than Sancho in order to compete for the league, yet we are asleep. Couple of bad results starting from next week and all these briefing from the club about how the window is open until October will come back to bite us. Very stupid management imo on so many levels.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You guys need to hold your nerve FFS. We're nearly there...1000 god damn pages!

mav_9me

That shows nothing in relation to how much money has come into the club from revenues and commercial deals. There’s a reason money has gone out to the owners and they’ve not had to put anything in. It’s because Utd makes a shit load of money for itself. Such a nothing post.
Isn't that the point though. They are buying the club using the clubs generated income, all the while pocketing money themselves.

How different would it be if they didn't own us? We could be bayern Munich.

lysglimt

Scout
So because the Glazers have taken out about £18 m pr season - we can't spend ? Despite us making close to £100 million this season alone from reaching the C.L

Yeah that makes total sense

There is money to spend - but spending £108 million on one player is an absurd amount

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't that the point though. They are buying the club using the clubs generated income, all the while pocketing money themselves.

How different would it be if they didn't own us? We could be bayern Munich.
It would be the same since the previous PLC was taking between 4% and 8% of our turnover in dividends. United could never be like Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.