g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Today is the day, in my eyes this is what will happen.

My bets:
  • Sancho won't be in Dortmund
  • Press will say United are strongly interested in him
  • Demands are met
  • Sancho will not play for Dortmund again
Signs before Friday
He was at training yesterday...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
He was at training yesterday...
Doesn't mean he was training with the squad. Might be the same as Smalling and Rojo with us who are coming in earlier on their own to train as they're expecting to leave.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I agree with you that transfer fees are a lifeline for many clubs and I am not saying that we must abolish transfer fees. Still, I am unhappy with how selling clubs are taking advantage of the inflated buyers' demand market now to mark up players' prices so outrageously expensive so to put a stop to this, we should give our ultimatum price, and if they refuse, that's it. If every buying club does that, this way, the selling club can no longer sell their want-away players for an arm and a leg.
That would be entirely up to the club to have its own policy. However, what you're saying wouldn't work in an open and free market. Each club will have different needs and will value players according to their needs and pay.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Doesn't mean he was training with the squad. Might be the same as Smalling and Rojo with us who are coming in earlier on their own to train as they're expecting to leave.
I dont expect us to sign him until closer to the end of the window personally

Womp

idiot

Good to see Rio putting pressure on the club, even if it doesn't result in him being signed, having pundits who have a legendary status around the club and supporters at least holds the club accountable and brings more attention to their ambition

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
That brief about a breakthrough is looking a bit strange now. Makes me wonder exactly what the club are playing at.
Drip feeding news, it's all just exposure for the club a fee was probably agreed weeks ago.

If United weren't buying him, it would have been made clear last month, just like Dybala or any other saga.

MDFC Manager

That brief about a breakthrough is looking a bit strange now. Makes me wonder exactly what the club are playing at.
Just keeping the muppet emotions in check. Like some said, once the season starts/window closes, it will get forgotten.

Womp

idiot
Did we brief we gave up on Bruno when we decided to re-pursue him in Jan? I don't recall we did. Even if we don't sign Sancho this window, I don't doubt we'd be back in for him next summer, so it would probably be similar circumstances.

Womp

idiot
Just keeping the muppet emotions in check. Like some said, once the season starts/window closes, it will get forgotten.
Yea, we could go into the season with just VDB and I don't think we will be able to do enough for them to even give a shit. Way I see it is, if we haven't signed Sancho, or someone of similar quality before the window closes, their intentions as owners have been made crystal clear, if they weren't already

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I do think it’s concerning that the German media have largely stayed quiet and also the fact Dortmund haven’t gone out and signed a replacement. Usually when a deal is imminent you’ll hear mumblings that the selling club has alternatives lined up.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m sure it’s been said the best young player over the last year or two is Mbappe or even haaland. How is it all of a sudden sancho now that we may or may not sign him

b20times

I thought this was nailed on? Now headlines saying Bale instead of Sancho? Massive drop of quality right there.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Drip feeding news, it's all just exposure for the club a fee was probably agreed weeks ago.

If United weren't buying him, it would have been made clear last month, just like Dybala or any other saga.
Which other saga did we brief that we have moved on from? I feel like that has only happened a couple of times.

Like I've said many times in this thread, I don't expect that brief this time. It'll cause too much uproar and negativity. I think they'll just let it simmer on and hope the fans get distracted like lemmings once the football starts. A good performance in the first couple of games and nobody will be bothered about Sancho. It's always the same.

MDFC Manager

Yea, we could go into the season with just VDB and I don't think we will be able to do enough for them to even give a shit. Way I see it is, if we haven't signed Sancho, or someone of similar quality before the window closes, their intentions as owners have been made crystal clear, if they weren't already
Sadly, you're right.

I do think it’s concerning that the German media have largely stayed quiet and also the fact Dortmund haven’t gone out and signed a replacement. Usually when a deal is imminent you’ll hear mumblings that the selling club has alternatives lined up.
Correct. There's now too little time and its gone too quiet for this to progress.

Womp

idiot
Which other saga did we brief that we have moved on from? I feel like that has only happened a couple of times.

Like I've said many times in this thread, I don't expect that brief this time. It'll cause too much uproar and negativity. I think they'll just let it simmer on and hope the fans get distracted like lemmings once the football starts. A good performance in the first couple of games and nobody will be bothered about Sancho. It's always the same.
Yep. Then when we inevitably go through some bad form cause our squad is shite and our management/board are incompetent, they will leak some information about us pursuing a DOF, only for it to amount to nothing. If we are lucky, they may throw us a bone and sign a panic buy in January, which may get us over the line to what is considered an acceptable season these days - top 4. If not, they sack the manager and we repeat this whole dance again.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yep. Then when we inevitably go through some bad form cause our squad is shite and our management/board are incompetent, they will leak some information about us pursuing a DOF, only for it to amount to nothing. If we are lucky, they may throw us a bone and sign a panic buy in January, which may get us over the line to what is considered an acceptable season these days - top 4. If not, they sack the manager and we repeat this whole dance again.
That's our club in a nutshell. We ain't winning anything worthwhile any time soon.

Womp

idiot
It felt needless though. It's not like everybody is kicking off. All it did was raise expectations again when the fire had almost burnt out.
My perception is, they probably did make progress in regards to player and agent fees and due to the metric feck tonne of negativity around the club this summer, leaked the info, fully expecting to be able to negotiate a better price with Dortmund.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They have alternatives to field. They've signed Bellend and probably that lad from City.

They pride themselves on giving young players a chance; go for it. It's all about 2nd place in the Bundesliga for them anyway

Ventura

I'm going to chip in with a post to get this one over the line! Well done everybody for getting it this far, just a little bit longer and it's a fact.

weizxx

Don't see it is happenning, but don't see it is not hapenning either. Ed Woodward makes me confused.

SATA

Dortmund have a game today, don't they? If we are going to hear any further noises on a bid or anything like that, it will be likely tomorrow. They won't want it to distract their game. Hope to hear some rumblings tonight though. Whether Sancho is in the match day squad or not is also a telling indication

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I can’t see it. Too little noise now when you’d expect it to heat up.

Just want our matches to come now so we can focus on non-transfer United stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.