Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav1878

Sorry to go off sancho topic but isn’t Telles the best LB in that league and supposedly available? Surely he’d be a more guaranteed upgrade on Shaw?
Would love Telles here too. That's the main point, there are several options for a better attacking left back to upgrade Shaw. as much as I like Shaw and want him to be Robertson, he won't be and we need that threat from our full backs

RedDevilRoshi

I think we need to pay over 100m to get him here, and of course we need to have CL football next season to convince him to come too.
I don’t think we need to convince him anymore. He will probably already know how much we want him and I’m sure we would probably have already heard by now if he wasn’t open to joining us. I think it’s clear to see that he’s made it abundantly clear to BVB that he wants to leave.

It’s agreeing the fee with Dortmund that is certainly going to take a fair while.

croadyman

Please let this happen. Especially Grimaldo, he would transfer our left side attacking as Sancho would on the right
I think we could do with a more attacking LB than Shaw too but Ole doesn't seem to agree with many of us on that one. Luke operates well as part of a back three but if you are playing with a back four then we need to bring in someone who offers more.

croadyman

Always find it a bit weird that people so readily buy comments like that. Ole will absolutely have an idea on what kind of budget he's working with this summer. No question.
Yeah it would not be a smart move on Ole's part to give the impression that we have loads of money to spend because then Dortmund will try and demand more for Sancho so Ole rightfully is playing those cards very close to his chest

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t think we need to convince him anymore. He will probably already know how much we want him and I’m sure we would probably have already heard by now if he wasn’t open to joining us. I think it’s clear to see that he’s made it abundantly clear to BVB that he wants to leave.

It’s agreeing the fee with Dortmund that is certainly going to take a fair while.
He wants to leave Dortmund is one thing, whether he wants to join us or not, or any other club, is another. If we finished at 10th place, for argument sake, sure he will have doubt joining us.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The question is if we can get Dortmund to compromise.
I am not optimistic.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The question is if we can get Dortmund to compromise.
I am not optimistic.
I'm not sure, but with his contract running down and no one is going to pay £100m this summer for him, I think we'll see him go for about £80-90m. Dortmund's business model is based on selling and this is the window to sell him in to maximise profit.

Jericholyte2

I think, even if it means he’s our only ‘summer’ signing we really need to go all out for him.

laughtersassassin

Can't stress enough how important it is we sign this guy.

Covid has given us a lifeline with Pogba for a year. We need to add to this team big time this summer.

If we can really build on our bit of progress things should start looking up for us real soon.

If we waste this summer and have a mediocre year though we might very well be more likely to regress than progress.

Sancho and a few others and we are laughing imo

SirAnderson

When asked whether United would be signing anyone from BVB during this summer's transfer window, Solskjaer claimed that he 'could not answer the question'.

"I'm good at math, but I can't answer that question. There are many good footballers on many teams," Solskjaer told Viaplay. "If something is in front of us screaming that it's sensible, both from a sporting and a financial perspective - I know we're going to try, but you can't make any promises.

"We've [him & the owners] had a good dialogue the entire time, and we've had a plan for it since I signed in March [2019].
"The three months of lockdown and for how long we'll have to play in front of empty stands, if we'll play in the Champions League next season. There are many things like that which will be factors in terms of what we can do when the season is over."

Was this post match? Interesting to say the least.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...o-rule-out-united-move-for-sancho_404162.html

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was going to do the gag that it's essential we buy him so I can edit my SANCHEZ shirt easily.

Then remember he's ALEXIS

Doh.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
When asked whether United would be signing anyone from BVB during this summer's transfer window, Solskjaer claimed that he 'could not answer the question'.

"I'm good at math, but I can't answer that question. There are many good footballers on many teams," Solskjaer told Viaplay. "If something is in front of us screaming that it's sensible, both from a sporting and a financial perspective - I know we're going to try, but you can't make any promises.

"We've [him & the owners] had a good dialogue the entire time, and we've had a plan for it since I signed in March [2019].
"The three months of lockdown and for how long we'll have to play in front of empty stands, if we'll play in the Champions League next season. There are many things like that which will be factors in terms of what we can do when the season is over."

Was this post match? Interesting to say the least.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...o-rule-out-united-move-for-sancho_404162.html
He's basically saying no CL = no Sancho. Hope we can make it then.

RazorOz

Sancho is definitely leaving it looks like to me this summer, whether he's coming to Utd is another thing, but you can just tell from the attitude towards Sancho that he is leaving. Last year Dortmund made it perfectly clear very early on Sancho was going nowhere, there's been none of that this year, there's been lots of rumours of apparent "acceptable fees". He's also not been starting the last few weeks when they've effectively been playing for nothing, all points to a player who is on his way. Especially telling when Hakimi didn't start either today as he's also seemingly not returning to the club for next season.

ElMatador

Supports
Zagreb
Some folks think Dortmund is Leverkusen and they will accepte lower fee, because they need money.
Borussia is every year in the top 10-12 richest football clubs in the world by Forbes..
They ended this season again in profit, not so much, but 18M is ok when you look at circumstances..
They get rid off Gotze, huuuuge fee release (10M per season), they will also sell a couple of guys, so tell me, why would they agree to lose 30-40M on Sancho? Because of Corona, they are desperate for money or what?
We are talking about Dortmund again, they are a rich club you no? Not so rich like PSG, City or United, but they are a rich club.. They have that "Porto" philosophy of running the club, but dont let this fool you and think they dont have money..
People think here Sancho is the missing key, are you crazy? Unites needs minimum 3-4 WC players in different positions to be old United again..
And you still dont know if Ole is that guy..

DSG

BVB did create more chances but had goal threats all over the pitch in comparison to Arsenal. Hence other players would take up the scoring baton. BVB scored goals from a number of positions in attack.

Sancho has far better fullbacks behind him at BVB in a attacking sense. First touch, technique is clearly higher on the ball with fullbacks like Hakimi. We can hope Sancho over comes the attacking defeciencies at fullback we have in comparison (Gurreiro, Hakimi) with the likes of Shaw and AWB or we can take up a proactive approach and introduce Ethan Laird into the first team fold and start to give him games due to his ability on the ball going forward.

AWB is good to have due to his defensive game. But against most teams we're expected to beat I'm hoping we start to introduce the more talented fullback on the ball in Ethan Laird.
Dortmund plays a 3-4-3, with Hakimi and Guerrero as wing backs, but this was from Oct/Nov on. Last season Hakimi was not playing as much and Sancho played a lot with Pizceck and Schmelzer in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3. He was still pretty damn prolific.

In my opinion, AWB is fine at overlapping and improving at putting balls in the box. I don’t see this as much of an issue. He’s not a possession style fullback, but neither is Hakimi. Guerrero is more so.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Solskjaer was cheekily asked by Norwegian TV channel Viaplay about the chances he will sign someone from Dortmund, he replied with a grin: "I'm good at math, but I can't answer that question. There are many good footballers on many teams."

United legend Solskjaer was further quizzed about his transfer plans and revealed he has held positive conversations with Ed Woodward and the Red Devils transfer crew over their strategy in the market.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-responds-jadon-22263085

E-mal

Some folks think Dortmund is Leverkusen and they will accepte lower fee, because they need money.
Borussia is every year in the top 10-12 richest football clubs in the world by Forbes..
They ended this season again in profit, not so much, but 18M is ok when you look at circumstances..
They get rid off Gotze, huuuuge fee release (10M per season), they will also sell a couple of guys, so tell me, why would they agree to lose 30-40M on Sancho? Because of Corona, they are desperate for money or what?
We are talking about Dortmund again, they are a rich club you no? Not so rich like PSG, City or United, but they are a rich club.. They have that "Porto" philosophy of running the club, but dont let this fool you and think they dont have money..
People think here Sancho is the missing key, are you crazy? Unites needs minimum 3-4 WC players in different positions to be old United again..
Sancho will be a start, we will sign 2 this season and see how it goes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dortmund plays a 3-4-3, with Hakimi and Guerrero as wing backs, but this was from Oct/Nov on. Last season Hakimi was not playing as much and Sancho played a lot with Pizceck and Schmelzer in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3. He was still pretty damn prolific.

In my opinion, AWB is fine at overlapping and improving at putting balls in the box. I don’t see this as much of an issue. He’s not a possession style fullback, but neither is Hakimi. Guerrero is more so.
Last season Schmelzer barely played and was injured for a large part. If I'm not mistaken I don't think he even made 10 starts in the Bundesliga.

Piszczek has better passing ability in comparison to AWB thus the combination play with the attackers was very good and he was also more productive from a individual view point.

Hakimi last season made 21 appearances in the Bundesliga alone and 28 in total. His productivity was much higher than AWBs.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So you tell us what are we supposed to do?

RazorOz

5 players who pretty much add nothing to the club. We should be looking to shift that deadwood out Sancho or not tbh. I would imagine a bigger problem is actually getting that lot out is easier said than done, who is going to pay the insane wages most of that lot are on?

ShinjiNinja26

I find it funny how they say Solskjaer’s been “ordered” by the board to sell first before he can buy as if he wants to keep hold of everyone and add signings on top of that. Or course he wants rid of all the deadwood it’s finding a buyer for these players some of which are on fecking insane wages i.e Sanchez!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
5 players who pretty much add nothing to the club. We should be looking to shift that deadwood out Sancho or not tbh. I would imagine a bigger problem is actually getting that lot out is easier said than done, who is going to pay the insane wages most of that lot are on?
Bates is saying we're hoping to get £15m for Jones. If we could get that for him we'd have done very well. Maybe we can tempt Moyes?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I find it funny how they say Solskjaer’s been “ordered” by the board to sell first before he can buy as if he wants to keep hold of everyone and add signings on top of that. Or course he wants rid of all the deadwood it’s finding a buyer for these players some of which are one fecking insane wages i.e Sanchez!
Bates is saying that United want to wipe £400k off the wage bill. But like you say, it will be difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.