Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

Dont even want this transfer at this point. There will way to much pressure on him now, and every little mistake will be highlighted, and his price tag will be mentioned all the time. I'm not calling him mentally weak, but he's a young man and I think a toxic environment is the last thing he needs.

We've been craving a right winger for years and he is supposed to fix that issue all by himself. Can he handle that? What happens when the pundits the media, the fans start calling for his head? Should he come here, get the number 7 shirt and hit the ground running?

Besides, if we have limited cash we shouldn't spend it all on a high risk high reward player, we should sell our deadwood and actually use our scouting system, if there is one. Lots of clubs have spent money this transfer window but they have been sensible additions, no one has attempted to buy Sancho other than United. Right wing is an issue, but if a 20 year old player who costs 120 million is the only option, maybe we should look elsewhere. Sancho can't be the only player in the world who could improve us. There has to be other options.
Give us some names. The only one I have seen discussed who is viable is chiesa

dev1l

BTW re Sancho. If the price is still 100+ million, I d prefer strengthening other areas in the team/squad.
Re Right wing I d try to find someone who is good in tight spaces.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
1112 pages and no transfer.

Maybe time to get on with our day.

SlimDizzle075

We have yet to put in a bid of the asking price. seems to be the one consistent here. it would probably go a long way toward seeing the player in our kit. we should try that

Redcy

BTW re Sancho. If the price is still 100+ million, I d prefer strengthening other areas in the team/squad.
Re Right wing I d try to find someone who is good in tight spaces.
trouble is that the player doesn’t really exist who can do that on the rw. When players like brooks are quoted at 30m, dembele for 80m, etc. Then the other option is to ignore it and hope James, mata and Lingard can step up, not that’s worked for two years.

Dempsey19

This has been dead in the water for awhile now. People will still cling onto something though as per usual.

Nigel Refalo

Time to make our move on bringing Wilf back! Never given a chance by united... now he's ready for the step up.

Rolaholic

Good, now we can move on from this overpriced deal.
I'd bet money on him not being any cheaper next year :lol:

I suppose at least we have some time now to prepare ourselves for when he joins an English club not named United in the near future

Woodenlung

Our main target for 18 months, been negotiating with Dortmund for the entire summer trying to move the price down and we still failed at every turn.

The Irish Connection

Summation as I've always said is that Sancho is not an absolute guarantee. Some will say I'm stating the obvious since that can pretty much be applied to anything. However, you do see high proportion of people act like Sancho is as close to a certainty of success as one can possibly get and I think that is highly dubious. In fact I've actually been uneasy about this from the outset even though making a desperate play for alternatives appears decidedly more unwise.
I kind of agree. There is definitely a risk with sancho, to the point I’m thinking would the money be better spent on getting Zaha and Traore who are proven in the premier league. Sancho I find slows down the tempo sometimes instead of just going at the defence. I would still be delighted if we signed him but it’s definitely a massive fee with risk to it.

Myrecks

I feel like the further this takes without it being done, the less likely it will be for United to get him. If it goes down to the last week, even if we offer the asking price, they still need to go out and get a replacement. Its ultimately putting them in a tight spot. Ill give it maybe 1 more week and if not I personally believe it wont happen.

L1nk

Should have just paid the damn money they were asking for, which they had every right to ask for, pathetic club, with disgusting parasitic owners and a spineless excuse for a chief executive.

I think the deal is overpriced but you are the ones claiming we can do things in the transfer market others can't, you are the ones feeding briefs about going after Sancho etc, don't feed that "Oh we can't spend because of Corona" despite every other team making signings, hell Liverpool supposedly couldn't afford anyone and now look at what they've done, newly promoted teams outspending us. All this talk of how rich and powerful we are from Woodward and it's just a load of shite year after year, his briefs are absolutely pathetic and no fan buys them, no fan is buying this Corona nonsense when every other team is outspending, just admit we are broke as all because the owners care more about lining their own pockets than having any actual ambition with this team.

Fridge chutney

Bookies believe he's staying, with the odds shifting towards Dortmund keeping him:

Sancho to stay at Dortmund: 1/2
Sancho to United: 3/2

It's over folks.

Redcy

I kind of agree. There is definitely a risk with sancho, to the point I’m thinking would the money be better spent on getting Zaha and Traore who are proven in the premier league. Sancho I find slows down the tempo sometimes instead of just going at the defence. I would still be delighted if we signed him but it’s definitely a massive fee with risk to it.
And? Yeah I don’t think you get zaha and Traore for £110. More like 160.

Adamsk7

Today I finally feel like this is over. It was probably over in August but now I’ve finally reconciled that in my brain!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think the biggest clue this was off the table was when we signed Donny and then started trying to get a left back.

If you're trying to buy something very expensive (Sancho) which is going to take up most of your budget and money is tighter due to the pandemic... How exactly does buying a back up CM and then pushing for a left back for a combined 60m help you in that bid for Sancho? It doesn't. That's half the fee right there.

The Club has known for a while this deal wasn't likely. The press have clearly had their pants down yet again just like with Donny. None of them had a clue about him too until Ten Haag said he was leaving.

Sanchoff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
It takes a lot to have a transfer window be humiliating to a club but United have achieved it.

Liverpool completed deals with ease and bought Thiago for a pittance.

Chelsea spent like mad and completed deals with ease and are still doing so.

Spurs (Spurs...) swept in ahead of us and took a promising left back all because we have a false sense of importance.

We finished ahead of Chelsea and Spurs remember.

All while we spent the entire summer chasing one player that we were never going to get. Now, we're left with a desperate last two weeks where clubs rub their hands with glee and prepare to bend us over in our desperation sign someone, anyone.

dev1l

Zaha and Traore play best on the counter with acres of space ahead of them (same with Dan James)
At the moment we don’t have that luxury as our opponents are not leaving us that space.
We need players like Sancho or Grealish that can unlock defences that sit deep.
That s why I m not convinced with Sarr either - He looks like someone who likes to attack space.
Maybe Brooks but not totally convincing either.

clarkydaz

It takes a lot to have a transfer window be humiliating to a club but United have achieved it.

Liverpool completed deals with ease and bought Thiago for a pittance.

Chelsea spent like mad and completed deals with ease and are still doing so.

Spurs (Spurs...) swept in ahead of us and took a promising left back all because we have a false sense of importance.

We finished ahead of Chelsea and Spurs remember.

All while we spent the entire summer chasing one player that we were never going to get. Now, we're left with a desperate last two weeks where clubs rub their hands with glee and prepare to bend us over in our desperation sign someone, anyone.
Lets not forget Daniel Levy took Bale back to Spurs in a pandemic

Fridge chutney

It ain’t over till it’s over, but the last few days have been so bleak and depressing it’s certainly no fun anymore that’s for sure.
I hear you. It's sad that the two uniting things as a United supporter right now are disappointment and frustration :(

Bratt

Dortmund has once again said Sancho is staying. No doubt about it, it looks more unlikely to happen, but the situation is the same: United believe he’s still for sale for the right price, and they haven’t given up. At least not yet. But the clock is ticking...

EwanI Ted

Remarkable failure if this is the case. I can accept not wanting or being able to spend that much on Sancho. But spending all that time trying to bring him in, only to fall short with two weeks of the window left, is shockingly bad. At this point it’s hard to see who’s around that we could even go for. Either Woodward stumps up the cash, or this window looks like a huge failure.

dev1l

Remarkable failure if this is the case. I can accept not wanting or being able to spend that much on Sancho. But spending all that time trying to bring him in, only to fall short with two weeks of the window left, is shockingly bad. At this point it’s hard to see who’s around that we could even go for. Either Woodward stumps up the cash, or this window looks like a huge failure.
For me the failure will be if come October 5 we re still without a RW. So there s still time.

The Irish Connection

And? Yeah I don’t think you get zaha and Traore for £110. More like 160.
I don’t know about that. I’ve read that Zaha might be left go for 45m and yes, Traore might cost a lot, but they might consider selling for 60m plus add ons. Alternatively, you could get one of them plus maybe Coman on loan who doesn’t start for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.