Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

People who think it's happening are football's equivalent to people who say "Fake news" to blindingly obvious evidence.

Dortmund do not have a replacement. They are making zero movement on a replacement. They're not going into the market with £120 million in the last week in a desperate attempt to get someone.

Get fecking over it.
Dortmund are better at signing players with their eyes closed.

They would've had targets lined up properly. Not how we do.

croadyman

It’s amazing how people can’t see through this arbitrary/ pointless/ fake deadline.

It was simply an attempt to get us to bid and bid big early. It didn’t work, and everyone knows that if we can strike a deal, the timing doesn’t matter.
Do you think we will strike a deal,obviously there are many who have already thrown the towel in ages ago

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
People who think it's happening are football's equivalent to people who say "Fake news" to blindingly obvious evidence.

Dortmund do not have a replacement. They are making zero movement on a replacement. They're not going into the market with £120 million in the last week in a desperate attempt to get someone.

Get fecking over it.
Shows what you know, Nostradamus. I never trusted any of your predictions anyway.

K_Ash

first I just want to say I am sick and tired of seeing @FabrizioRomano tweets whenever I cick on Transfer tweets.

Dembélé was late again for practice, with Big Brother Paul Pogba around, I would be just as happy getting Ousmane than Jadon. Even happier due to his electric pace

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Do you think we will strike a deal,obviously there are many who have already thrown the towel in ages ago
If United want a deal striking, they could do it in no time at all. It's a game of poker, who blinks first. Do Dortmund blink and accept a lower offer, or do we blink first and cave into their demands.
Anything can happen from now until 5th October. Until we brief that it's over, a deal could be done at a moments notice

croadyman

first I just want to say I am sick and tired of seeing @FabrizioRomano tweets whenever I cick on Transfer tweets.

Dembélé was late again for practice, with Big Brother Paul Pogba around, I would be just as happy getting Ousmane than Jadon. Even happier due to his electric pace
Yeah he would be my top alternative but all sources seem to suggest he doesn't want to leave Barca

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's been vetted several times on this forum if you do a little searching.

Ever since Ole joined his hitrate for United news have skyrocketed, early lineups etc.
He's interviewed Solskjær several times in the past, has worked for several big Norwegian sports outlets, and also for the official Scandinavian United supporter club.

He clearly will have connections of various kinds from all that.
Team news and certain ‘connections with the club’ = / = transfer scoop. Andy Mitten isn’t particularly more reliable for similar reasons.

Gandalf

Constant discipline problems, petulant and entitled and always injured. I can't believe we haven't signed Ousmane already.

K_Ash

Constant discipline problems, petulant and entitled and always injured. I can't believe we haven't signed Ousmane already.
That environment doesn't suit him. Big Brother Paul would sort him out.

BlueHaze

So it's been known now that we have wanted him for over a year. The transfer window is almost over and he hasn't shown an ounce of interest in wanting to come here like for example Dembele did when Barca showed interest or Auba did with Arsenal. Perhaps it's just for the better if this never happens then. Sick to death of pricks coming here with other interests rather than players who actually would be desperate for the chance.

I think it’s 50/50.

If we agree a fee whether that’s £80/90/100/110/120m then it’s a hell of a lot of money in the middle of covid and with the uncertainty we all face.

The club have been right to take their time and try to get the right price.

This summer is very different from all other summers.

Fooza

sick of these journos and stories just end this window, always a circus with us

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
12 million in todays money is like two or three million ten years ago. I think 16 million would be what he is worth given his contract is up next year.

Fox outside the box

So it's been known now that we have wanted him for over a year. The transfer window is almost over and he hasn't shown an ounce of interest in wanting to come here like for example Dembele did when Barca showed interest or Auba did with Arsenal. Perhaps it's just for the better if this never happens then. Sick to death of pricks coming here with other interests rather than players who actually would be desperate for the chance.
This is such a car crash of a post that I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was said as a joke.

BlueHaze

This is such a car crash of a post that I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was said as a joke.
Why is it a joke and where am I wrong? Or maybe you can link me something where he has said otherwise? No? I thought not.. He has been my number one most wanted signing since his breakthrough at dortmund but if he doesn't make it clear he wants to come when they have to pay £100m he should stay where he is.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why is everyone getting worked up?? It’s been known for days now that if a bid will come, it’ll be in October.

All we’ve seen since is reiteration that will happen and journalists filling their papers.

So much impatience and negativity.. it’s draining.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Have people enjoyed this? Up to this current point I mean.

Last edited:

cyberman

sick of these journos and stories just end this window, always a circus with us
Its not us writing these shit stories.
Its journos who are rewording stories from those who have broken it so it looks as if they arent playing catchup

GledTheRed

Why is it a joke and where am I wrong? Or maybe you can link me something where he has said otherwise? No? I thought not.. He has been my number one most wanted signing since his breakthrough at dortmund but if he doesn't make it clear he wants to come when they have to pay £100m he should stay where he is.
I agree with you mate, he should be putting pressure on for his dream move.

He seems a bit of a smug dcikhead to be honest.

Okey

Erm...at what point do we actually get to test this resolve? It's officially less than a week left. This has gone beyond farce now.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Erm...at what point do we actually get to test this resolve? It's officially less than a week left. This has gone beyond farce now.
Resolve will be tested after the bid, which is now being considered, has been duly prepared. Patience.

Hoof the ball

"Considering a bid"

Does anyone visualise in their head the meeting between Woodward, Judge, Solskjaer and co.? What does that look like?

Ole - "What's happening with Sancho?"
Woodward - "Well, Ole, We've been monitoring the situation for a couple of months now.The situation being as to whether we'll consider a bid for Sancho."
Ole - "And?"
Judge - "What Ed means to say is that we're now considering a bid for Sancho?"
Ole - "When are we bidding?"
Woodward - "We're considering it."
Ole - "We've only got a week!"
Woodward - "Ole, trust the process, ok? We've monitored the situation and now we're considering the possibility of a bid. I never said we would bid, but you have our word that we're possibly thinking about maybe briefing the press that we've moved from monitoring to consideration. And if that doesn't force Dortmund's hand, then I don't know what will!"
Ole -"(sigh) just let me know when something happens"

(Ole walks out)

Judge - "Ed, sign onto your Caf Nou_Camp99 account. We need Romano to take the fall for his misreporting when they reject our generous 30m offer."

Chief123

Out of curiosity, what did Sancho need to do to show he wanted to come here?

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
"Considering a bid"

Does anyone visualise in their head the meeting between Woodward, Judge, Solskjaer and co.? What does that look like?

Ole - "What's happening with Sancho?"
Woodward - "Well, Ole, We've been monitoring the situation for a couple of months now.The situation being as to whether we'll consider a bid for Sancho."
Ole - "And?"
Judge - "What Ed means to say is that we're now considering a bid for Sancho?"
Ole - "When are we bidding?"
Woodward - "We're considering it."
Ole - "We've only got a week!"
Woodward - "Ole, trust the process, ok? We've monitored the situation and now we're considering the possibility of a bid. I never said we would bid, but you have our word that we're possibly thinking about maybe briefing the press that we've moved from monitoring to consideration. And if that doesn't force Dortmund's hand, then I don't know what will!"
Ole -"(sigh) just let me know when something happens"

(Ole walks out)

Judge - "Ed, sign onto your Caf Nou_Camp99 account. We need Romano to take the fall for his misreporting when they reject our generous 30m offer."
Pointless, you ITK?

Time better spent elsewhere than writing drivel pal

Tel074

Sweet Christ I can't wait until the second this window closes .
Year after year of this shit . Liverpool are a mile ahead of us and still have made 2 quality signings to strengthen. They are playing and already a part of the squad while we dick about window after window .
We will again be 25/30 points behind the champions and will every year until that crowd are chased from our club

BlueHaze

Out of curiosity, what did Sancho need to do to show he wanted to come here?
Just push for the move, for an example we've only really made any formal interest for Telles the past 2 months and the reliable journalists has already said Telles have made it clear to Porto he wants to go unlike Sancho because my suspicion is he wants to stay at Dortmund or else he would have made it known by now he wants to join us.

LordNinio

Wait, people are annoyed with Sancho for acting professionally and just getting on with his job, that he is contracted to, and paid handsomely for?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I agree with you mate, he should be putting pressure on for his dream move.

He seems a bit of a smug dcikhead to be honest.
He is quite likely as you describe. If so it goes against the supposed new approach of players we are trying to avoid.

Even if there is no new right winger before the transfer window closes, United could still begin to rebuild positively over the next five years. Although obviously a few things would have to change.

However, I don't see signing Sancho as that proverbial step in the right direction and we could end up regretting it for years to come.

Chief123

Just push for the move, for an example we've only really made any formal interest for Telles the past 2 months and the reliable journalists has already said Telles have made it clear to Porto he wants to go unlike Sancho because my suspicion is he wants to stay at Dortmund or else he would have made it known by now he wants to join us.
So how does he “push” for the move? Even if he does internally, how would we know about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.