Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
In all honesty as fans we should be absolutely seething that we’ve left it this late in the window to make any attempt at a move, frankly it’s a fecking joke.
Not really. It’s an absolutely huge amount of money and these big deals rarely happen on a convenient schedule.

Giggsy13

Our biggest hope

How this? I have the feeling Dortmund just want us to f*** off and concentrate on someone else. They do not need to sell Sancho. They have joined the ranks of the European top teams and made a lot of money with their sales, they probably are in a better situation than we are.
They’ve joined the ranks of the top teams by being a feeder and selling club? That’s a pretty ridiculous take. They want us to f*** off until we return with an offer that matches their €120 million valuation.

Chief123

What has FC Bayern to do with United bid for Dortmund player?
Bayern has everything to do with Dortmund. Have you not seen how many Bayern fans have been defending Dortmund on here? It’s big brother looking after little sister.

RkkMan

Because we're still interested and want to sign him whether it's this summer (not happening), or next summer. And we pretty much never go out and say its over. Not sure why anyone would expect a player or club to come out and say its over, apart from the selling club saying he isn't going anywhere, which is what happened.

And in this decade, since 2010/11, they've won the same amount of league titles as United have (2) and finished 2nd 5 times (we finished 2nd twice), won the German cup twice and runners up 3 times (we've won FA Cup once and runners up once, carabao cup doesn't count for any comparative purposes for obvious reasons), have been in the champions league 8 times (finalists x1, QF x2, r16 x3), United being there 7 times (finalists x1, QF x2, r16 x2). We are also front loaded with most of our good points in the past decade being while Sir Alex was here when we were still a big club from a footballing POV. Dortmund are pretty evenly spread out as always being one of the top 2 in Germany, consistently making the CL without too much stress, but falling short of trophies due to competing with Bayern.

We're behind from a footballing sense, not a business sense. They've been a better run football club and a better quality football club for years, it doesn't mean they are bigger, just that we wouldn't be favourites if we came up against them.
Griezmann, Grealish beginning of the window, Haaland, Dybala all say otherwise on the bolded part mate Utd know if they will receive serious backlash from fans if come the end of the window after dropped points all this effort for Sancho was just a flat out lie and an article yesterday said this. And a question if we were to offer 120m here and now do you honestly think BVB will say "Naaah get fecked"?? Especially in a pandemic where such money is far from guaranteed? Even Aubameyang on twitter called out BVB for being hypocrites over the Dembele saga saying that Watzke accepted 100m the moment it was offered. This "deadline" is arbitrary otherwise we wouldn`t STILL be in talks with BVB who have sold key players late in the window more than once Sancho won`t be an extraordinary exception by any means. This still has legs.

crossy1686

career ending
Not with 3 days left of the window to go, when the season is heavy underway and a feck tonne of negativity around the club, with the lack of incomings being a major reasoning, that's for sure. Also no, I don't agree he wouldn't have made a difference. A world class prospect joining the team would have been a huge bounce for the team.

I also don't agree that I should 'enjoy it'. I don't get enjoyment from seeing us run like a fecking circus
Why not? Why does it matter when a world class player signs as long as he signs? As long as the window is open any business that improves us is good business. The notion that it has to be done in the first week or it's shit is fecking stupid to be honest.

The season isn't heavily underway, we've played a grand total of two league games to this point. It's not January.

RUCK4444

Can he play centre back, because that is what we need.
Not sure if this is being overplayed a bit. Our defensive record last year was good, no reason we can't recapture that.

Not worth losing a potentially generational talent who wants to play his football here when we happen to be in a one horse race to sign him.

Even if we do need another CB it shouldn't be at the cost of signing this kid. Imo.

crossy1686

career ending
We have missed out on a lot of our transfer targets because of this approach. And then there are also countless examples of other clubs doing their business much swifter and negotiating better deals than us. I wonder why is it so different for us, even when we’re negotiating with a near-bankrupt mess of a club like Sporting for a player that quite obviously wants to leave. Either we exist in a completely different reality to the likes of Chelsea, Bayern etc., or there is something inherently wrong with our so-called strategy.

The tactics of delaying our bid to apply more pressure on Dortmund are working like a charm so far, they’re going to crumble any moment now! Any moment...
We will see in the next couple of days won't we?

People love to bash the club for anything and everything at the moment but you don't see people giving themselves a hard time when they nip to the off licence for a couple of beers and a reduced sandwich 5 minutes before it shuts. You don't see people jumping on Twitter and calling themselves inept because they didn't do it yesterday.

Matriac

People love to bash the club for anything and everything at the moment but you don't see people giving themselves a hard time when they nip to the off licence for a couple of beers and a reduced sandwich 5 minutes before it shuts. You don't see people jumping on Twitter and calling themselves inept because they didn't do it yesterday.
Is Sancho a Club or BLT?

RUCK4444

Yeah have to agree. We are held to different standards and on the whole we tend to get our primary targets.

You only have to look at the mental frenzy on deadline day from almost all other clubs to know there is often an incentive to drag things out until the last minute in the transfer window. Frustrating though it is for us muppets.

If Ed has had this cash all along then there must be a reason not to have tempted them to sell before now, that's obvious no matter how inept people claim Ed is. That's just basic common sense to have concluded the deal earlier in the window if that was possible.

laughtersassassin

Someone isn't using the past 7 seasons in their sandwich argument.

Abdullah7

Our biggest hope

How this? I have the feeling Dortmund just want us to f*** off and concentrate on someone else. They do not need to sell Sancho. They have joined the ranks of the European top teams and made a lot of money with their sales, they probably are in a better situation than we are.

Better? a second Covid 19 wave will shatter their budget! As is they ,without the fans, need money to keep the show going. Clubs like BvB depend a lot on Match day revenue. Now it's gone for another year. It's the best time to cash in on one of your assets. They'll accept losing him for less than what you think. In order to get to remin in the safe zone financily in another hectic year.This pandemic totally changed the whole dynamics.

the inflated prices should be down %20-%30. they need to come down to earth with their valuation one way or another. Just like everybody else.

+

Sancho has to play his part and make a fuss out of it just like ol' Harry Maguire.

Le Red

Bayern has everything to do with Dortmund. Have you not seen how many Bayern fans have been defending Dortmund on here? It’s big brother looking after little sister.
They are just angry we could get the talents they used to poach.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Just watching SSN, Dortmund telling Gary Cotteril that they see this negotiation as being the same as the Dembele deal with Barcelona. They will not sell unless they get their price.

TsuWave

Can he play centre back, because that is what we need.
I don't know how anyone can watch us play and say CB is what we need. Sure our options there are not ideal, but RW, LB, DM, back up ST and even RB should be before a CB

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Why do journos talk like we can get Sancho next summer no problem? Does a clause kick in?

OleTheGreat

We're just getting embarrassed time and again with these lower bids in spite of all the sharp talks from BVB. I don't understand our transfer policy one bit. Are these guys really that stupid? I mean if you had a lower bid in mind, why didn't you go with it before August 10 and try to keep their eyes open to it. I personally think BVB would've considered a bid close to 100 mil Euros if we had gone in with a bid before August 10. Instead we used that money to get VDB. This is really really frustrating to us fans and I'm sure BVB feel we are just incompetent. I'm very sure now that we will just forget Sancho and try to get Telles and maybe a loan deal for Jovic or someone else.

Also I just learnt that the domestic transfer window deadline is Oct 16 and therefore we can wait and work on a deal for Ismaila Sarr of Watford who are part of the Championship. I think we will get him and end up somewhere mid-table by Dec. Ole will be sacked, we'll get another puppet. Go back in the Jan window and find some low life. Get somewhere close to the Top4. Europa league. Rinse, Repeat! Bye for now!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Griezmann, Grealish beginning of the window, Haaland, Dybala all say otherwise on the bolded part mate Utd know if they will receive serious backlash from fans if come the end of the window after dropped points all this effort for Sancho was just a flat out lie and an article yesterday said this. And a question if we were to offer 120m here and now do you honestly think BVB will say "Naaah get fecked"?? Especially in a pandemic where such money is far from guaranteed? Even Aubameyang on twitter called out BVB for being hypocrites over the Dembele saga saying that Watzke accepted 100m the moment it was offered. This "deadline" is arbitrary otherwise we wouldn`t STILL be in talks with BVB who have sold key players late in the window more than once Sancho won`t be an extraordinary exception by any means. This still has legs.
Aubameyang and Dembele forced their way out after clubs met the asking price and Dortmund still refused. So we need to meet 120m AND Sancho needs to throw a strop. It just isn't happening.

When did we deny Grealish? We just bought Van de Beek so the rumors died because we didn't need it. Haaland we lost out on, so yeah we had a token "pull out" when it became obvious he was going to Dortmund, same with Bellingham. Clubs don't come out and deny things or kill them off while they're still interested. And we'll be interested until he goes somewhere else, in any future window. Thats why we won't come out and deny it. Also if you're basing your faith on United expecting backlash from the fans so they'll do something, then prepare for disappointment. Its the exact same window as every time we made the Champions League, with added Covid excuses.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why do journos talk like we can get Sancho next summer no problem? Does a clause kick in?
They seem to think Covid won’t have a bearing on next Summer but I think it’s absolutely certain clubs will lose more match day revenue from this season so it’s likely to be worse.

El Zoido

Because he’ll have less time left on his contract so more pressure on Dortmund to cash in. Secondly, fans will be back by then so we have a more manageable/predictable revenue stream.

The only question is are other clubs going to be in for Sancho thus making it more difficult? Of course. But perhaps he has his heart set on joining us and us alone, to play alongside his buddy Rashford, who knows? I’d imagine the club knows his wishes. I’m really not of the opinion it’s now or never, even next summer we can still get him, unless we collapse this season.

crossy1686

career ending
We're just getting embarrassed time and again with these lower bids in spite of all the sharp talks from BVB. I don't understand our transfer policy one bit. Are these guys really that stupid? I mean if you had a lower bid in mind, why didn't you go with it before August 10 and try to keep their eyes open to it. I personally think BVB would've considered a bid close to 100 mil Euros if we had gone in with a bid before August 10. Instead we used that money to get VDB. This is really really frustrating to us fans and I'm sure BVB feel we are just incompetent. I'm very sure now that we will just forget Sancho and try to get Telles and maybe a loan deal for Jovic or someone else.

Also I just learnt that the domestic transfer window deadline is Oct 16 and therefore we can wait and work on a deal for Ismaila Sarr of Watford who are part of the Championship. I think we will get him and end up somewhere mid-table by Dec. Ole will be sacked, we'll get another puppet. Go back in the Jan window and find some low life. Get somewhere close to the Top4. Europa league. Rinse, Repeat! Bye for now!
Wait a minute, you're embarrassed by a club not wanting to spend €120m before August 10th during a pandemic? I think you need to reevaluate what embarrasses you.

There are many reasons, the reality is that we don't know, but I'll give you a few anyway.

Dortmund keep moving the goalposts. August 10th was the deadline yet they're telling people he's still for sale at €120m. Does that change to €120m upfront with more add-ons if we turn up with that amount in cash on day one? What leads you to believe that Dortmund will keep their word at this point?

What do you think would happen if we had offered €120m on the first day of the window and Dortmund rejected? What happens then? We go from club to club asking about Dembele, Costa, Coman and Sarr, while all these clubs know for a fact we were about to pay €120m for a player. How do you think those negotiations would go?

"Hi there, it's Ed. The pandemic has hit us hard, we've only got £40m to spend on your player". Yeah, course you have Ed...

No one is selling their good players the first week of the window, but after a few league games, you've got players who want to play more and are now agitating for a move because they've not been picked for the opening fixtures.

We've also got a load of players we have to shift off the books.

There are your reasons.

SmallCaine

"Inept moron" :lol: Let me guess, anyone including you would do a better job than him, right? :lol:
Please show me where i said i could do his job, he is an inept moron because we have blown a billion pounds under his watch while seeing our club's stature in football plummet. I am sure there are competent people in football who could win titles with a billion pound spend or is that expecting too much.

crossy1686

career ending
Please show me where i said i could do his job, he is an inept moron because we have blown a billion pounds under his watch while seeing our club's stature in football plummet. I am sure there are competent people in football who could win titles with a billion pound spend or is that expecting too much.
Did you say any of those things when we signed Di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao, Sweinstiger, Schniderlin, Depay, Pogba or Lukaku? It's amazing how quickly that has become £1b blown when at the time it was well spent.

We have squandered money for sure on players who aren't right for United but you can blame the managers for that. You can blame the board for backing the managers when they should have said "No Moyes, you're not having Fellani, he's shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.