Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Then put your little hand in mine
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

OK, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties cause it's cold out there. It's cold out there every day.

"Happy Sancho day, again"
Does this feel more like a doomsday clock to you by now?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Fans of other German clubs non-affiliated with Dortmund are signing up to RedCafe to express their joy at their domestic rivals not losing their best player.

Cult, much? I'd sooner have spent a week at the Waco compound than a day with one of these nutjobs.
Bundesliga White Knights: "You will not sign Sancho! das very funny. Mein club sign none also but mine better than Glaziers and clueless Ed. Ha Ha Ha. Enjoy fighting for top 4 while mein club fight for relegation".

shinobi

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We will not sign Sancho, not now, not ever.

Someone else will sign him next summer.
Very likely. In my opinion, he will definitely move on next summer, and probably for 120m € at the very least. Why he would then choose Manchester United over the other suitors remains to be seen.
You had the big chance to sign him in August, let's hope you will get another in the future.

Hoof the ball

You're missing the point here.

This is not about inferiority complex or anything like that imho. From my own experience (living in Germany for quite some time), Germans just generally don't like anything "irrational".

To them seeing people here still being adamant that this Sancho transfer will happen, while all evidence speaks against it, is just delusional and they hate people being so irrational. It just annoys them, even when they don't have anything to do with it.
Right, so we have a myriad of fans from completely different clubs going through the arduous process of creating a new account just to respond to something they deem "irrational"? Right-oh.

On the subject of irrational. Was it irrational when the deal was dead-in-the-water for Dembele, Dortmund said point plank that they wouldn't sell, and then at the last moment did? Tell me, how is that any more rational than what's happening now? Even if Sancho doesn't sign, it still doesn't negate the fact that this exact situation has occurred before.........multiple times.

For something to be irrational, there would have had to have been no precedent prior. There has, therefore, there's every reason to suspect there's potential in this yet.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Presumably Klopp is still well-regarded there. They'll happily deal with him next summer when Salah and Mane are close to 30 and they want a replacement. It'll have the bonus of annoying United who I'm sure Dortmund hate by now.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I fear this saga is not bringing out the best in any of us. Maybe take a break today lads, spend a bit of time with the family?

Ceteris

And unfortunately it's the end of Sancho to united. I don't believe we will get top 4 at the end of the season. He will sign for a champions league team. We will watch him do well for another club like all the players we missed out on.

clarkydaz

This is not about inferiority complex or anything like that imho. From my own experience (living in Germany for quite some time), Germans just generally don't like anything "irrational".

To them seeing people here still being adamant that this Sancho transfer will happen, while all evidence speaks against it, is just delusional and they hate people being so irrational. It just annoys them, even when they don't have anything to do with it.
But thats irrantional ;)

GameOn

Right, so we have a myriad of fans from completely different clubs going through the arduous process of creating a new account just to respond to something they deem "irrational"? Right-oh.

On the subject of irrational. Was it irrational when the deal was dead-in-the-water for Dembele, Dortmund said point plank that they wouldn't sell, and then at the last moment did? Tell me, how is that any more rational than what's happening now? Even if Sancho doesn't sign, it still doesn't negate the fact that this exact situation has occurred before.........multiple times.

For something to be irrational, there would have had to have been no precedent prior. There has, therefore, there's every reason to suspect there's potential in this yet.
Hey, I for one don't think it will happen, but I'm fine with other fans still being optimistic.

I'm just telling you how many German fans look at this transfer saga. It might come across as "crazy" or "bizarre" to you, but that's how the German posters think, based on my experience.

Your post here is basically a perfect example of what annoys them btw.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Yeah this one is a goner. Dortmund were not bluffing with that deadline.

francobaresi

Close to 52,000 posts in this thread now

Can anyone confirm, is this the longest transfer thread in caf history?

Thinking back to classic threads of the past. The Tiago thread, the Fabregas thread, the Sneijder thread. Surely this beats them all by some distance?

dev1l

At this stage I think we won't get him this window. If he was close we would hear other type of noises I assume.
However I won't be surprised if he would join us in the next window or that after.
What we do with the no 7 shirt (if he doesn't join us) would be an indication of our future plans

youmeletsfly

Glazer's and Woodward really pathetic at this stage. They happily let the rumour mill run all transfer window that we are going for Sancho, then make a low ball offer with a few days to go, knowing it will be declined. I'm sure they are delighted to avoid paying 100 million, sign Cavani for free to keep us quite and sack Ole at the end of season blaming him for lack of progress.
If they are prepared to go for Sancho now why didnt they do the business months ago....clowns
Because we're speaking about being millions apart, millions, not fecking pennies.
With a very uncertain economic climate moving forwards, do you really think we'd splash 120mil cash upfront without trying to negotiate, even if it takes us 2-3 months?
Business is not done on the fecking knee just because some redcafe lunatics can't stop jizzing about, maybe, another overrated English player.

If he'd be any other player the thread would be full of "Oh he's not EPL proven; Oh he's 120 mil, too big of a risk". Jeez

Enfant terrible

Fans of other German clubs non-affiliated with Dortmund are signing up to RedCafe to express their joy at their domestic rivals not losing their best player

Cult, much? I'd sooner have spent a week at the Waco compound than a day with one of these nutjobs.
Family can shove it. Sancho is all that matters until Oct 5th.

Just kidding.
Love it

Castia

Because we're speaking about being millions apart, millions, not fecking pennies.
With a very uncertain economic climate moving forwards, do you really think we'd splash 120mil cash upfront without trying to negotiate, even if it takes us 2-3 months?
Business is not done on the fecking knee just because some redcafe lunatics can't stop jizzing about, maybe, another overrated English player.

If he'd be any other player the thread would be full of "Oh he's not EPL proven; Oh he's 120 mil, too big of a risk". Jeez

Seen it all now. You’re defending this absolute shit show?

If we didn’t want to pay the fee fair enough, but why didn’t we move on 5 weeks ago? It’s been very clear Dortmund wasn’t negotiating its 120m or nothing.

Chelsea did exactly that. They wanted Sancho but wouldn’t pay 120m. They went and bought elsewhere, exactly what we should have done.

Superden

Utd. In terms of press coverage and clicks, more relevant than ever. Champagne all round.
Close to 52,000 posts in this thread now

Can anyone confirm, is this the longest transfer thread in caf history?

Thinking back to classic threads of the past. The Tiago thread, the Fabregas thread, the Sneijder thread. Surely this beats them all by some distance?
If woody sees that you might give him an idea...

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
At this point my take is no player with over 1000 pages of transfer wailing ever turned out to be worth it, both when we signed them and when we didn't.

Maybe Hazard, but most pages were after he u-turned to Chelsea.

Godfather

Fans of other German clubs non-affiliated with Dortmund are signing up to RedCafe to express their joy at their domestic rivals not losing their best player.

It's a German thing. They hate each other. But they hate everyone else even more.

Robbo76

I'm not saying dont negotiate, but do it earlier in the window, but in your offer and negotiate from there if it ain't happening move on, now we are left looking around for alternatives and will probably not sign anyone. The Telles situation is another mess, either shit or get off the pot. Just my opinion but all the other top clubs are getting their deals done

Cloud7

At this point my take is no player with over 1000 pages of transfer wailing ever turned out to be worth it, both when we signed them and when we didn't.

Maybe Hazard, but most pages were after he u-turned to Chelsea.
Jokes aside, someone posted a list that showed that more often than not mega transfers haven’t worked out.

shinobi

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If we didn’t want to pay the fee fair enough, but why didn’t we move on 5 weeks ago? It’s been very clear Dortmund wasn’t negotiating its 120m or nothing.

Chelsea did exactly that. They wanted Sancho but wouldn’t pay 120m. They went and bought elsewhere, exactly what we should have done.
Precisely. If you can't afford a player, don't pointlessly beg for a discount for weeks and weeks (and end up with nothing in the end), look elsewhere instead.

Cloud7

I can’t help but shake the feeling that if we don’t get him this summer, that this deal is dead for us, and Sancho won’t ever become a United player. I can’t see us being the only club in for him next summer when clubs will have a better idea of what the peri-covid financial situation is like. This summer was our big chance in my opinion.

Mainoldo

I can’t help but shake the feeling that if we don’t get him this summer, that this deal is dead for us, and Sancho won’t ever become a United player. I can’t see us being the only club in for him next summer when clubs will have a better idea of what the peri-covid financial situation is like. This summer was our big chance in my opinion.
I felt like you but let’s be honest who’s coming in for him next summer? He wants to come home so you can eliminate any club outside of England. Covid is not getting any better so the influx of cash is not going to change. It will be us, Liverpool and probably Chelsea if Roman decides To dip in his pocket again. Then there is the price debate, non of those clubs are going to pay the asking price.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Jokes aside, someone posted a list that showed that more often than not mega transfers haven’t worked out.
I wasn't joking. Off the top of my head I can't think of any, certainly none of the Summer sagas.

The what ifs are Goofy to Barca, Robben to Chelsea and Hazard to Chelsea. Can't remember any of them being a megathread until we got gazumped. The norm (like here) is no one is gazumping us, it's just the club failing to sign someone at insane fees with no competition. Or succeeding and all turning out a disaster. Go figure.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Ed wouldn’t need extra security if this deal was happening.

JohnnyKills

We being able to complete the deal is unlikely. This transfer would need something as drastic as Sancho dumping a whole jar of pig poops in the middle of their team lunch, making even his teammates sick of him and want the Dortmund board to sell him as soon as possible. Otherwise, our chance this window is slim.
Yeah, that's what I mean. The January window isn't far away at all.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

In which case the problem becomes not realising that Dortmund weren't going to sell for the price we wanted and moving on. Because as you say, we're millions apart, not pennys. There's a reason other clubs aren't in for Sancho and that's because they realised they couldn't afford to pay what he would cost. Why didn't we have that same realisation?

Negotiating the price is part of their job. But so is targeting players we can actually afford and knowing when it is time to move to another target. As it stands it seems they've botched another summer on those grounds.

There's no point in targeting top players if your assessment of what they will sell for is so far below the selling club's assessment, because ultimately it's the selling club who allow the deal to happen. With no real need to sell on Dortmund's part, their valuation was always the more important one. Which makes this whole summer pursuit a waste of time.

Cloud7

I felt like you but let’s be honest who’s coming in for him next summer? He wants to come home so you can eliminate any club outside of England. Covid is not getting any better so the influx of cash is not going to change. It will be us, Liverpool and probably Chelsea if Roman decides To dip in his pocket again. Then there is the price debate, non of those clubs are going to pay the asking price.
Are we 100% sure he doesn’t want to go to any club outside of England? Did he ever explicitly state that?

I can’t see Chelsea coming back in for him unless all their transfers absolutely flop. I think Liverpool would be in for him, and I don’t buy that he wouldn’t go back to city either.

Also to be fair it doesn’t seem like we’re open to paying the asking price either, which is strange in and of itself. Of all the players we’ve gone in for in the past few years, who we simply owned up and paid the money the selling club wanted (I’m thinking of Pogba, Maguire, AWB, Bruno), on paper Sancho seems like he’s more worth it to the team than all of those bar Pogba.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The Times is the only report that suggest a new bid was put in, right? There is nothing by any other journalists?

Delano

Agree with the sentiment that it was this season or never (well, until he turns 33...).

I'm struggling to see how we'll finish top 4, and that's the only time he'd come.

Mercurial

Dortmund capitalizes on the buying club's hope that they do. You never know what you gonna get with some of their starlets since they dont win anything and get eliminated in the round of 16 they are yet unproven vs top oppo. Buying club taking a punt on the hope/hype. Lewandowski to Bayern still sustain me for salt allowance to this day, they lowballed him for salary, denied him his move to Real, undervalued him internally to make him stay and then lost him for free. In any good deal both sides should be happy. 95+15 for Sancho is a good deal, they should have shook hands (pun intended) and been happy with it for both parties. Dortmund still add a 0 to the end of their paid price, if they are confident in their player he will do short work of the clause, and buying club mitigates some bit of risk. Dortmund will always be the chihuahua, big dog in a tiny frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.