Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

United58

No mucking about, get this deal done Woody!
“It's definitely exciting to watch him becoming the player that he's becoming, so credit to him.

Hopefully we can all play together and that can be good."

Holy shit he didn't give a generic non-response to that, do the players know something we don't yet? :drool:

Danillaco

If Pogba stays: Sancho -> DM (Ndidi/Rubem Neves) -> CB -> LB

If Pogba goes: Sancho -> DM+CM -> CB -> LB

Any way it goes, Sancho is a must to complete our attack and take to another level. Midfield with Bruno (even without Pogba) is very capable, and defense has already shown lots of quality with the arrivals of Bubble head and the Spider. Not too fussed about the necessity of a CB. I would even pass Jones as soon as possible.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
'unofficial sources'? What does that even mean? Pedestrian at Old Trafford bus stand?
Prominent people within club is my understanding. Even if it came from Woodward it can't be official for obvious reasons hence the term 'unofficial' being used.

Tony247

Prominent people within club is my understanding. Even if it came from Woodward it can't be official for obvious reasons hence the term 'unofficial' being used.
Usually someone employed at the organization but wants to remain anonymous is quoted as official source?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No idea if there is an actual article on the Athletic with these quotes but they're doing the rounds on twitter

Ok this source is saying it was from a podcast

Rolaholic

We can't promise him titles yet but I'm sure with him in the picture that would change rather quickly...

Not hard to see why the prospect of coming back to England becoming a global star at home would be appealing at this stage of his career and developement. He'd be in a much more advantageous position with the press and fans from the start than our last record signing as well being a young English star.

Just hope we can beat out any rival club in for him because I'd be sick to see him tearing up the Prem in any other shirt .

Utdstar01

Could be great for England as well as United if we get Sancho. A front 3 of Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho could be the front 3 for England and United for the next 10 years.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Clearly we are heading in the right direction. We have the beginnings of a very talented squad, with the likes of Rashford and Bruno there for the foreseeable future. To be the jewel in the crown must be extremely appealing, particularly when it's at the biggest club in the world and he'll be earning a small fortune.

Inter Yer Nan

With the direction Rashford's development took this season, the signing of Bruno and the difference the new signings have made, it would be hard not to get excited about the future, even short term, with Sancho on board. It would be a great signal of intent and leaves us with strength all over the field. A solid defense, a very strong midfield and a young and exciting attack with genuine quality.

Brightonian

Momentum is one thing I'd be looking at as a footballer. Ours under Ole has shifted from the sense of a slow downward spiral that had set in ever since Moyes took over. Even looking at both his seasons in charge, so taking into account the disastrous end of last season and the little (injury-driven) winter slump this season, the sense has been of a manager who the players like, who has made only successful signings, who has brought the club back into the tradition of attacking, dynamic football that the fans expect, who has improved so many of the players, particularly young players, in his charge, and who has quietly put together a really sparkling set of attacking players that any young forward would be excited to join as a potential star attraction. Things are firmly on the up, basically, and that has to be appealing.

MDFC Manager

Momentum is one thing I'd be looking at as a footballer. Ours under Ole has shifted from the sense of a slow downward spiral that had set in ever since Moyes took over. Even looking at both his seasons in charge, so taking into account the disastrous end of last season and the little (injury-driven) winter slump this season, the sense has been of a manager who the players like, who has made only successful signings, who has brought the club back into the tradition of attacking, dynamic football that the fans expect, who has improved so many of the players, particularly young players, in his charge, and who has quietly put together a really sparkling set of attacking players that any young forward would be excited to join as a potential star attraction. Things are firmly on the up, basically, and that has to be appealing.
Plus of course, the money.

Bondi77

No idea if there is an actual article on the Athletic with these quotes but they're doing the rounds on twitter

Ok this source is saying it was from a podcast

Let us not make promises,
Let us put what is expected of our employees in their contract,
We do not want the media to keep regurgitating the same old lines.

RedCurry

The level of expectations from this kid are way too unrealistic on this thread. He’s still learning and growing as a player and still has a long way to go before he becomes a “leading star” at United.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's all positive news tbf.

We were close to signing him last season also - I feel like maybe we didn't have the cash to do the deal along with AWB/Maguire payments upfront, but this year we can.

I'd honestly settle for just Sancho this summer, we don't really need a huge amount more.

macheda14

It's all positive news tbf.

We were close to signing him last season also - I feel like maybe we didn't have the cash to do the deal along with AWB/Maguire payments upfront, but this year we can.

I'd honestly settle for just Sancho this summer, we don't really need a huge amount more.
Depends if Pogba stays, because we need at least two creative midfielders. If he leaves and Bruno gets injured we're fecked. But Sancho, Igahlo and a James-like signing would be great.

Dve

Wouldn't it be in bad taste in the middle of a pandemic to be throwing around millions of pounds? I imagine we wont see any major moving until the season restarts regardless.
No, I don´t think that would be bad taste. Strangling the economy does no one good.

Dve

Not really sure how to explain this one to you chap, taking £100 million out of Britain and sending it to Germany wont do much good to the economy either :lol:
It´s called investment. I guess we won´t do it if we don´t believe it will pay off :smirk:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Depends if Pogba stays, because we need at least two creative midfielders. If he leaves and Bruno gets injured we're fecked. But Sancho, Igahlo and a James-like signing would be great.
I doubt Pogba leaves without a replacement in the same position tbf.

If Pogba stays: Sancho -> DM (Ndidi/Rubem Neves) -> CB -> LB

If Pogba goes: Sancho -> DM+CM -> CB -> LB

Any way it goes, Sancho is a must to complete our attack and take to another level. Midfield with Bruno (even without Pogba) is very capable, and defense has already shown lots of quality with the arrivals of Bubble head and the Spider. Not too fussed about the necessity of a CB. I would even pass Jones as soon as possible.
Don’t think we need a LB with Shaw and Brandon.

Bondi77

You are so desperate for him not to join us, it is very bizarre :lol:
It may surprise you but I would like us to sign him.
I just do not salivate over everything that is put out on social media or in the press that is just put there to get attention
He is English and so am I so I would love it if he could come to us and continue his Dortmund club form in a Utd shirt and an English shirt.
Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.