Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

meninred

i think Manutd may have to pay upto 100mil which they will if needed. But hopefully price will be lower. I mean Sane went for 45mil for gods sake

croadyman

Maybe Dortmund "asked" United to cool off on Jude Bellingham in return for Sancho?

I dunno.
Yeah it looks that way to me and when a strong source like James Cooper suggests that could have happened you generally tend to listen and think there might just be something in that story

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The great thing about him is he can also contribute in a central attacking role and could easily deputise for Bruno if he was rested/injured and could also play as a left forward if needs be. Signing him not only improves the first 11 but also gives Ole options due to the players skillset.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The great thing about him is he can also contribute in a central attacking role and could easily deputise for Bruno if he was rested/injured and could also play as a left forward if needs be. Signing him not only improves the first 11 but also gives Ole options due to the players skillset.
Still can’t believe on the Grealish thread someone genuinely would rather him over Sancho.

RashyForPM

Signing this guy will make such a difference to our team.

People say that Sancho will just be stranded when playing in front of Wan-Bissaka as he will be the sole quality right-sided attacker. However, this is wrong for two reasons. Firstly, I am looking at it the other way round’. Due to AWB already being the best defensive RB in the world, Sancho will be able to defend less and conserve his energy for creating and scoring goals, while providing long sought-after attacking balance to our team.

Also, while AWB still has a lot to improve on in terms of progressive passing, dribbling and crossing (he is already decent and will only get better), I think his final-third positioning and overlapping is already impeccable. Just look at the sheer amount of space Greenwood gets during various moments in games, and how AWB himself looks when paired with Mason. When he plays with James, who at the moment is nowhere near Mason and a Championship player, James does not know how to use the space AWB creates for him, which does AWB’s attacking a massive disservice. With Sancho, it will be like his current partnership with Mason, but better as Sancho is further along in his development.

Besides, when a truly world class player like Sancho joins, they normally provide a spark to a team. Just look at RvP, Aguero and Costa. All 3 of United, City and Chelsea won the PL title in these world class attackers first seasons’ after not winning it the previous season, and were all carried by these respective players. An added bonus is that Sancho lived in Manchester for a few years and knows what an honour it is to play for United. I’m not saying we’ll win the league next season with Sancho, but if we do get him, I really don’t think we will be far off. 3rd at worst, and that is only if we do not sign any other players.

Woodward, pay the money. Even if we cannot shed any deadwood this summer, Manchester United can afford to lose £120m on a world class player. If it goes well, Sancho will bag us a fortune in prize money and shirt sales over the next 10 years anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He just balances our squad out perfectly. Perfect for the starting 11 but puts us in a great position in case of injuries too. Any of the front 3 get injured, slight re-shuffle and Greenwood comes in with Ighalo and James further depth and the 3 being the "2nd attack". Bruno or Pogba get injured and we either throw Greenwood in again and move Sancho as a 10, or we use McTominay or Fred (or both to rotate).

Hope we have the funds to pay up, as I think that's the only stumbling block here, but is entirely fair from Dortmunds point of view.

Infra-red

He is the number 1 attacking target for this summer. He is better than Havertz, better than Werner and a lot better than Adama Traore! He can play to a high level in any of the three positions behind the striker. If we can get him, we should.

wolvored

He's obviously a fantastic talent, however, I just hope that he has the right attitude/personality to succeed at United and doesn't get distracted by the fame/money. The fact that City are letting United have a free run in signing him is a bit concerning. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Yes thats my first thought. Why aint other teams in for him if hes this good? Maybe he has declared he only wants to come here to his agent, who has let other suiters know. Lets hope there is nothing underlying what we dont know about.

BlahRules

Yes thats my first thought. Why aint other teams in for him if hes this good? Maybe he has declared he only wants to come here to his agent, who has let other suiters know. Lets hope there is nothing underlying what we dont know about.
We have been flirting with Sancho for 2 years now, which is why we are leading the race to sign him. Its like Werner and Liverpool but when they dropped out he was open to move to another club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Other teams can't afford him and that's the truth

elnorte

Freaky fly day
He can play as a 10 too though so Pogba or Bruno can get rests.
We might actually not know our best 11 for next season and not be worse for it
But you probably wouldn't be rotating those three rather you'd want them all starting?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
There's more than enough games for keeping everyone involved and we need the depth in the squad.

cyberman

But you probably wouldn't be rotating those three rather you'd want them all starting?
With Sancho being able to play as a 10 it lowers the risk of us turning to shit if Bruno or Pogba get injured.
If it was simply Sancho v Mason then its a different story but having 1 extra world class player over 5 positions isnt really rotation.
Kind of like how you dont really notice Mharez playing for City or if he is 1st choice or second. It all kind of blends in.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I've decided I don't want to sign one of the best young players in Europe because 2 players we've spent years complaining about not being good enough have been scoring more goals lately

Bojan11

I hope people don’t start saying we shouldn’t sign him. We need as much quality as we can to start winning trophies.

Zen86

With Sancho being able to play as a 10 it lowers the risk of us turning to shit if Bruno or Pogba get injured.
If it was simply Sancho v Mason then its a different story but having 1 extra world class player over 5 positions isnt really rotation.
Kind of like how you dont really notice Mharez playing for City or if he is 1st choice or second. It all kind of blends in.
I don’t really see Sancho competing with Bruno, rather he would be competing with Rashford and Greenwood, and arguably Martial. Either way, these are all young players who want game time. None of them will be happy sitting on the bench collecting pay cheques like Mahrez.

RUCK4444

Sancho’s movement and linkup with Bruno is something I dream about... Let’s get him back home and introduce him to the famous Manchester team :D

cyberman

I don’t really see Sancho competing with Bruno, rather he would be competing with Rashford and Greenwood, and arguably Martial. Either way, these are all young players who want game time. None of them will be happy sitting on the bench collecting pay cheques like Mahrez.
He wont be competing but Ole might rest Bruno by moving Sancho in and playing Mason wide.
Maybe its the excitment of Dortmund having a fantastic youngster but there was talk of playing as a 10 being his best position as he matures. Apparently he dominated Barca at the Nou Camp in that position but maybe it was a one off.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

Going to be harsh seeing Martial/Rashford on the bench.
I think a lot of people are missing the point of this post which was basically Greenwood is brilliant.

The implication is if Sancho comes and Greenwood establishes himself as a starter then Rashford or Martial will miss out.

Seemed obvious to me. And also quite light-hearted.

SAFMUTD

Remember when there were rumors on Dortmund wanting Greenwood + money for him? :nono:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think a lot of people are missing the point of this post which was basically Greenwood is brilliant.

The implication is if Sancho comes and Greenwood establishes himself as a starter then Rashford or Martial will miss out.

Seemed obvious to me. And also quite light-hearted.
That was my point. Glad you caught it. ;)

crossy1686

career ending
We need the depth. Having Sancho as well as Greenwood, Martial and Rashford must be terrifying to come up against. You'd feel like it was only a matter of time before one of them scored

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sign him Ed.

Sancho, Rashford, Martial and Greenwood as our main attacking options would be absolutely phenomenal. Add Pogba and Fernandes creating for them and it's what we've been waiting for years to see. Make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.