Jamal Khashoggi Murder | Ordered Directly by MBS

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Well the UK did mostly create the modern Saudi state so there's that.
To be fair the saudis have served the british and the americans throughout the entire time of their existence.

Purely looking at it from a foreign policy viewpoint the saudis have been a success as far as british and american interests in the region are concerned.

What is annoying however is when the british and americans give sermons on human rights, you cant have a cake in both the hands and eat it too.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
To be fair the saudis have served the british and the americans throughout the entire time of their existence.

Purely looking at it from a foreign policy viewpoint the saudis have been a success as far as british and american interests in the region are concerned.

What is annoying however is when the british and americans give sermons on human rights, you cant have a cake in both the hands and eat it too.

As with everything we did to try and maintain our power, it eventually turned on us and made things worse. Who are the masters now?

WPMUFC

The Treasury Department has announced sanctions connected to the murder of Jamal Khashoggi, following the release of a U.S. intel report concluding that it was approved by Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman.
And now there’s reporting from the New York Times that President Joe Biden “decided that the price of directly penalizing Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, is too high.”
MBS is "too big to fail"

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden...di-crown-prince-mbs-over-murder-of-khashoggi/

The Firestarter

Joe to MBS on their call: Come on man. Next time just ask us before you do something.

EDIT:
Malarkey.

Last edited:

Foxbatt

This is why the majority of the people in the world don't believe anything they say. Look at how many innocent people are killed in drone attacks?
It's like as if Putin is pontificating about political prisoners in the UK and USA.
The Saudis have been a great success for the Americans more than the British now. I wonder if any MSM is going to push for any sanctions on MBS?

The Firestarter

Haven't segments of the Saudi royals been supporting terrorism for decades and yet some actually thought the US gov may consider doing something against MBS?
Still mind boggling that half the lot on 911 was from SA , but nothing to see there, apparently.

Cloud7

Love the Newcastle fans crying in the tweet.
Had to take a look at it after your comment. The Newcastle fans are really, really hurt at being called out like this. It’s beautiful.

Water Melon

Awww, so Biden is a hypocrite, just like Trump? We will continue to sell arms to people who use them to wage wars and kill innocent people. feck morality, feck freedom, feck humanity and human rights and lives. Hopefully, he does not start a war somewhere.

UmbroDays

Awww, so Biden is a hypocrite, just like Trump? We will continue to sell arms to people who use them to wage wars and kill innocent people. feck morality, feck freedom, feck humanity and human rights and lives. Hopefully, he does not start a war somewhere.
The US is a ball rolling down hill, ultimately it will keep going and going and mere rocks and divots will change it's direction - but it's still rolling downhill.

The military machine is too big, it's the heart and soul of America.

Maticmaker

The military machine is too big, it's the heart and soul of America.
And he who wields the biggest stick will prevail!

The 'arms race' is a death race and builders of the 'biggest sticks' hold sway..."we're all doomed ah tell yer...doomed! (with regards to Private Frazer, Dad's Army)

DoomSlayer

It must be the trumpet and those republicunts that made the sweet prince do this, it must be!1!1! No way good guy Joe and the great samaritans of the Democratic party would ever condone anti-human behaviour. :eek:

Foxbatt

Why should the Geordies be bothered about it? They are like any citizen in most major countries. The citizens are like fans. The citizens have no say in what governments do. The fans have no say in what the boards too. Governments go and invade or bomb other countries and kill innocent civilians.
As for them taking over United, what do the British or American or French or Russian and Chinese fans think? Their governments are murdering innocent people too. With impunity.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why are people surprised Biden won't be taking action? I think Saudi and Israel are the biggest assets for them in the ME they can do whatever they like.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Why are people surprised Biden won't be taking action? I think Saudi and Israel are the biggest assets for them in the ME they can do whatever they like.

Egypt too. Remember when suddenly Gadaffi became our best mate for a bit as well? Then we had to support Assad after trying to topple him because the alternative was way worse. It's laugh-a-minute in that region.

Foxbatt

Egypt too. Remember when suddenly Gadaffi became our best mate for a bit as well? Then we had to support Assad after trying to topple him because the alternative was way worse. It's laugh-a-minute in that region.
Its been like that in lots of places. CIA on one side and the DOD on the other. Right hand doesn't want to know what the left hand is doing. It is has been like that for many countries. Even in India. Raw supporting groups that were killing the Indian military.

Maticmaker

If only there were not so much oil/energy reserves in these areas, maybe when we are all driving electric cars things will change?

Of course we still have to generate the electricity, the number of wind turbines required will blot out the sun.... so solar panels will have to go higher into the atmosphere...erm, not sure about that 'space race' all over again...'star wars' a reality?

OK then, its batteries (of every shape and size) that will be the answer, maybe Boris is onto something after all?

Kaos

As much of a catastrophe Trump was, at least he was honest about being chummy with despots like MBS. Biden just throws out the obligatory "this is unacceptable" rhetoric and proceeds to sanction every man and his mother except for MBS himself :lol:

Say what you want about Trump, but he at least represented the honest face of US foreign policy.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I would also encourage our fans who actively supported and wished for a Saudi royal family takeover of United to look at this, then look at themselves in the mirror, and ask what actually matters as a human.
Well said.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I would also encourage our fans who actively supported and wished for a Saudi royal family takeover of United to look at this, then look at themselves in the mirror, and ask what actually matters as a human.
I honestly wanted the Saudis taking us over during the dark times and anti-Glazer rhetoric that was being pushed, not that it isn’t warranted, but you put everything together and it becomes tempting to want the best players etc etc and so I got sucked in. I mean I wasn’t absolutely delighted at the prospect but I did ask myself a question at what point the line gets drawn as we’re white chummy and have a large sponsorship with the Saudis already.

However, I feel quite ashamed of myself for being okay with the takeover and this was compounded by the behaviour of Newcastle fans. Having to constantly justify and turn a blind eye to that evil regime would be absolutely awful. Potentially seeing our fans abusing the widow of Khasoggi would have be awful. feck that! I don’t want those monsters anywhere near our club.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
At least you see the error of your ways and have come around to a more sensible line of thinking, rather than doubling down on your previous opinion. I’m proud of you, mate.
Well I’m never afraid to say I was wrong - which is a lot. :lol:

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
This should ensure a fair and transparent process: