Jamal Musiala

SAFMUTD

Should be a target, type of technical player we are severely lacking, Bayern would surely accept the price we paid for Antony
Him, Bellingham and Pedri are the jewels from this generation. The only "gettable" one was Bellingham but he's bound to Madrid so that seals it.

mav_9me

Him, Bellingham and Pedri are the jewels from this generation. The only "gettable" one was Bellingham but he's bound to Madrid so that seals it.
There are others like Wirtz. He is obviously gettable.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Garnacho would tear apart bundesliga, a teenager from the English championship is your leagues best midfielder :lol: , sorry but everyone knows it’s a second rate league, don’t take it out on me or on this forum.
If you really think that Garnacho is on the same level as Pedri and Musiala then that is your opinion. But i still think you are a fishing WUM.

redNATION

If you really think that Garnacho is on the same level as Pedri and Musiala then that is your opinion. But i still think you are a fishing WUM.
It’s not really a matter of opinion, at 18 Garnacho is already playing regularly in the toughest league in the world, a league where bundesliga stars have regularly failed in as it’s too hard for them. Musiala wasn’t putting in that level of performance at 18.

marktan

It’s not really a matter of opinion, at 18 Garnacho is already playing regularly in the toughest league in the world, a league where bundesliga stars have regularly failed in as it’s too hard for them. Musiala wasn’t putting in that level of performance at 18.
Tbf I agree with your opinion on Bundesliga but Musiala has performed for Germany too. He's very easily on another level to Garnacho currently, that might change but Garnacho has a lot to show yet to be considered on that level.

cyberman

Okay, you are wumming. Have fun
Garnacho is fantastic, it’s a weird point to take umbrage with. I’d be disappointed if Garnacho didn’t hugely kick on in the next two years when he turns 20.
He would be Sancho level hype with the space players get in Germany. Not sure it’s that controversial.
I wouldn’t even say Musiala was on Greenwood’s level at 20, now that’s a wasted talent

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Garnacho would tear apart bundesliga, a teenager from the English championship is your leagues best midfielder :lol: , sorry but everyone knows it’s a second rate league, don’t take it out on me or on this forum.
Welcome to the redcaf forum Mr boehly! :D

But you have a point Kamal is overrated. Was practically invisible today for 80 min

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What’s the criteria for generation there? Saka is 21 and has had a brilliant season in the best league. Haaland is 22.

SAFMUTD

There are others like Wirtz. He is obviously gettable.
Haven't seen much of him, is he at that level?

Doing some research he's not even a starter yet so based on that I wouldn't consider him in that bracket yet.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Doing some research he's not even a starter yet so based on that I wouldn't consider him in that bracket yet.
He is a starter, he came back from a cruciate ligament injury sustained last season and returned in 2023. Leverkusen handled him very lightly given they reached the latter stages of the Europa League and were playing two matches a week. They were resting him in league matches (Leverkusen were out of contention for the UCL spots after being bad early in the season, while he was out) and starting him in the EL matches.

He's by far their best player so he will start every game after a summer of recover. Definitely someone I would put in that category. His form after coming back from injury was great as well, though it tapered off a bit towards the end of the season.

What’s the criteria for generation there? Saka is 21 and has had a brilliant season in the best league. Haaland is 22.
FFS, you forget how young he is by how good he is right now. How many years do we have to bear him at City :(

Last edited:

cyberman

I think everybody does, he’s barely played 10 full matches. He has 500 PL minutes to his name.
And his talent stands out a mile. First full call up today after first getting called up before he kicked a ball for our first team.
Im not being insulting here but Bundesliga record of exciting, hyped up youngsters progressing past the great for their age category is appaling

Irwin99

The defending for that title-winning goal :eek: . Geez, makes last season's Lindelof look like prime Vidic.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Im not being insulting here but Bundesliga record of exciting, hyped up youngsters progressing past the great for their age category is appaling
Yep entirely the fault of the Bundesliga when english clickbait websites hype players :D players like Musiala, wo is a regular starter at Bayern in the #10 spot. Have you Seen what Bayerns bench looks like on any regular match day? You think thats a walk-in situation? Hes benching players like Mane Sane Gnabry (Another EPL reject) Coman or Müller, at an european Top 5 club.
(Talking bout Mane - you know some of his current teammates expressed amazement about his technical and tactical deficiencies? Wasnt he like one of the PL top players for years?)

or Havertz, Wirth, Davies, Bellingham - they all have already proven their quality. Im sure there are lots of very talented other players in that Age group, but they have yet a few steps to take that many talents have tried and failed at. Steps that these guys already have taken.

Last edited:

cyberman

Yep entirely the fault of the Bundesliga when english clickbait websites hype players :D players like Musiala, wo is a regular starter at Bayern in the #10 spot. Have you Seen what Bayerns bench looks like on any regular match day? You think thats a walk-in situation? Hes benching players like Mane Sane Gnabry (Another EPL reject) Coman or Müller, at an european Top 5 club.
(Talking bout Mane - you know some of his current teammates expressed amazement about his technical and tactical deficiencies? Wasnt he like one of the PL top players for years?)

or Havertz, Wirth, Davies, Bellingham - they all have already proven their quality. Im sure there are lots of very talented other players in that Age group, but they have yet a few steps to take that many talents have tried and failed at. Steps that these guys already have taken.
I’m not really going to believe Bayern are in such a high level after the season you’ve had and the constant criticism of your fanbase towards your team to be honest.
Can’t be quoting Havertz to me here!
Genuinely, it’s been years of swapping young players in and out for generational praise only for these same players to fall back into the pack.
I’d also argue against your English jibe as soon as Sancho, Bellingham and Musiala leave the English game to Germany theyre suddenly hyped up beyond belief. Can’t be blaming the English for failures when you’re getting a lot of these players from England itself.
Mane, have you seen Liverpool this year? Someone from that squad falling away isn’t news or does it signify anything at all really

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I’m not really going to believe Bayern are in such a high level after the season you’ve had and the constant criticism of your fanbase towards your team to be honest.
Genuinely, it’s been years of swapping young players in and out for generational praise only for these same players to fall back into the pack.
I’d also argue against your English jibe as soon as Sancho, Bellingham and Musiala leave the English game to Germany theyre suddenly hyped up beyond belief. Can’t be blaming the English for failures when you’re getting a lot of these players from England itself.
Mane, have you seen Liverpool this year? Someone from that squad falling away isn’t news or does it signify anything at all really
Don't be disingenuous. Both these players were hyped up before they joined Dortmund. Even we were going after Bellingham before he chose Dortmund as it was a better place to develop.

Equating Garnacho, in one season where he has been mostly an impact player from the bench, to guys why have been starting at the senior level for a number of seasons now is wrong. It's a different setting when you have to perform one 90 minutes.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

What makes you say he isn’t a starter? He’s like the best player on the team and one of the best prospects in Europe.

mav_9me

He is absolutely a starter. He is Bayer's best player. As was posted you probably saw his recent games where he returned after a big injury. But he has been their best player since age of 17. Even now after his return initially he was crucial to their improvement in form.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
i rest my case you convinced me. The german football business model is found out. We get hapless youg lads who cant play, ""hype them up beyond belief" and sell them back to unsuspecting EPL teams, where they inevitably get exposed. It is how we make our money.

aeh1991

Musiala is definitely a generational talent and Bayern won't sell him.

Garnacho hasn't shown signs yet to reach that level, but he is really making an impact for his age. Has definitely the potential to go far.
I'd personally say the bad guy was a tad more talented than Garnacho..

cyberman

i rest my case you convinced me. The german football business model is found out. We get hapless youg lads who cant play, ""hype them up beyond belief" and sell them back to unsuspecting EPL teams, where they inevitably get exposed. It is how we make our money.
No, I’m saying the hyped youngsters in Germany never seem to raise up to the levels we’re told they would be. This isn’t the first time we’re being told player x is a generational talent and any comparison to similar players is absurd because they’re the future yet here we are. You blame English football somehow as if the German national team isn’t crying out for young talent or the league level hasn’t drastically dropped.
There’s no talking around that. There has to be proof in the pudding at some stage to take Germany’s ability to asses youngsters potential seriously

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I have Musiala ahead of Bellingham and Wirtz ahead of Musiala, personally. Pedri probably around the same level. Gavi is excellent as well.

Not sure if I'd put Bellingham ahead of Adeyemi by the way.

SAFMUTD

What makes you say he isn’t a starter? He’s like the best player on the team and one of the best prospects in Europe.
The minutes he played...but I was already explained by another poster that it's because he had a serious injury that made him lost most of the season.

cyberman

So you blame ze Germans for you being gullible?
Have we signed all the young relent in Germany? Why do you keep blaming English football for the young relent in Germany failing?
I’d also argue our record of youth players is fantastic so feck knows who you’re talking down to here

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Have we signed all the young relent in Germany? Why do you keep blaming English football for the young relent in Germany failing?
I’d also argue our record of youth players is fantastic so feck knows who you’re talking down to here
Those who go to Man city don't fail.
Maybe a part of the problem is the structure of lack of in the buying clubs