James Maddison | Spurs

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There seems to be a lot of talk about him recently, now Rodgers has come out yapping too. If we offered the right money would Leicester still say no?
Nah, they know that if we want him we will come back for him in the summer. Regardless I think we'll sign him in the summer of we truly rate him highly enough. I really like the look of the player. The only question mark for me would be his end product.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Brendan Rodgers accepts a move to Manchester United could be ‘too hard to turn down’ for James Maddison.

I’ve been fortunate that I’ve been at Liverpool where I understand the draw of that type of club,’ Rodgers said. ‘Liverpool and Manchester United are two of the biggest clubs by far. ‘There’s other great clubs, there’s big clubs, but those two, in terms of worldwide status, are above the other clubs. ‘There are other great clubs that are trying to catch them up but those two, in my experience, are a level above. ‘So whenever a player gets an opportunity to go to a club like that, to experience that type of pressure, that expectation – and of course there’ll be a financial side to it as well, let’s be real – that as a package in a short career is maybe something that is too hard to turn down. ‘I understand it, I get it.’

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/19/bren...interest-james-maddison-10769664/?ito=cbshare
If we are all going British, hope we consider Brendan or Potter next. Wouldn't be too bad with all of the British players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
you wouldn't offer what it would take in January, it took you 2 months to offer what it took to get Maguire when you knew the price to begin with, in January, Maddison would cost double Maguire at least
Dream on. If we offered in the region of £100m you’d snap our hands off.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I respectively disagree. If enough time was given to find a replacement then it would happen.
the way you lot do business you wouldn't give enough time though
You wouldn't get 160m in any of the other 11 months either pal. Dream land.
do you not get the concept of pricing people to put off buyers? It doesn't mean you think they are worth that its because you think no one will pay it, we didn't think you'd pay £80m for Maguire, you've shown you will so the next price would be that much higher

TheReligion

Abusive
the way you lot do business you wouldn't give enough time though

do you not get the concept of pricing people to put off buyers? It doesn't mean you think they are worth that its because you think no one will pay it, we didn't think you'd pay £80m for Maguire, you've shown you will so the next price would be that much higher
Nah you're wrong sorry.

you wouldn't offer what it would take in January, it took you 2 months to offer what it took to get Maguire when you knew the price to begin with, in January, Maddison would cost double Maguire at least
Woodward knows what he's dealing with now, so I don't think he would try and low ball. I think you would accept an offer in the region on 80mil if we made the offer early in the window.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Woodward knows what he's dealing with now, so I don't think he would try and low ball. I think you would accept an offer in the region on 80mil if we made the offer early in the window.
in the summer maybe, but selling one of our most important players in January would look like giving up on a top 6 place no matter how early it was as Maddison would be impossible for us to replace in January because anyone good enough wouldn't be available at a price point we could justify spending

in the summer maybe, but selling one of our most important players in January would look like giving up on a top 6 place no matter how early it was as Maddison would be impossible for us to replace in January because anyone good enough wouldn't be available at a price point we could justify spending
So do you think it would depend on your league postion come Jan? If you're far off in 9th place for example you would be more likely to sell than if you were 7th?

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
So do you think it would depend on your league postion come Jan? If you're far off in 9th place for example you would be more likely to sell than if you were 7th?
unless you'd be sending Rashford or Martial the other way in part exchange January would be a complete non starter, now they could do a deal and keep it quiet for the summer but I doubt that as it would get out

crossy1686

career ending
This would be a summer deal if at all.

We also have to replace Pogba and we need back up for Shaw as well as signing Sancho if he's available.

Maddison and Sancho combined would cost close to £200m and that's still leaving our CM extremely exposed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
No way we’re hiring a scouse manager. Unless he wins the league with Leicester, then we may consider it.
He has not behaved as a scouse manager though. He has been very good about us as well. I am perfectly fine with him taking over despite his scouse connections.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He has not behaved as a scouse manager though. He has been very good about us as well. I am perfectly fine with him taking over despite his scouse connections.
Trying to force down everyone's throat how big Liverpool are still (even though the fans don't need to do that anymore as they actually have a decent team again) I'd say he's very much behaving like one :lol:

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Yeah, I'm with @Jimmy Skitz on this one, no way would Leicester entertain any offers for Maddison in January. It would just send out the wrong signals that they are a selling club and can be pushed around by the bigger boys. They also don't need the money.

They are trying to build something special over in Leicester and whilst they may know deep down that their star players will eventually get picked off by bigger clubs, they will still try to find suitable replacements for them - something they can't really do if they sell in January.

However, that's not to say we shouldn't still try to bid for Maddison in January to try to unsettle him (Football Manager style) in the hope we can strike a deal in the summer.

Unlike Maguire, he strikes me as the type that is more likely to kick up a fuss and force a move through if he really wants it, and apparently he was a boyhood United fan (although that may not mean much).

On a side note, who is the person (or people) responsible for all of the great signings Leicester have done over the years? We should just sign them and be done with it! :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't see us getting him or going too hard for him. He's a #10, very talented but a #10. Angel Gomes will progress throughout the year and give us enough reason not to spend £80m on Maddison. We need to replace Pogba this summer most likely, and if Gomes didn't have the potential then sure, but I just don't see us signing him. It's the deeper midfield positions we need

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Why would Leicester sell a star attacking midfielder who is only 22 in January for the same price they sold a good central defender in the summer window?

I think @Jimmy Skitz is exaggerating Leicester's position somewhat and anything over 100m would definitely be seriously considered, but under that? Nah. Especially if Leicester are fighting for anything.

Very rare now that a PL team will sell a star in the January window.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Nah, they know that if we want him we will come back for him in the summer. Regardless I think we'll sign him in the summer of we truly rate him highly enough. I really like the look of the player. The only question mark for me would be his end product.
I thought he was very good against us. Everything he did was class. He has that aura of Sneijder, imho.

tob

Does he score enough goals though? He creates a lot, but playing with only one striker ahead of him means that he must contribute with more goals. If we were to sign him I'd be wanting 15-20 goals from him and I'm not sure he'd be able to reach those numbers.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Does he score enough goals though? He creates a lot, but playing with only one striker ahead of him means that he must contribute with more goals. If we were to sign him I'd be wanting 15-20 goals from him and I'm not sure he'd be able to reach those numbers.
How many did he score last season?

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s obviously a good player but is he THAT good? He picks a lot of wrong passes and he’s not that quick, doesn’t score so many. I think he’d be an okay signing but not a great one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'd be the creative midfielder with expectations that the front 3 all score more (which is more how we'll be set up anyway). I've said it before though... very good player, but shouldn't be the main priority. Sort out the 2 deeper midfield spots and the right wing before going after him. By then the position might sort itself out anyway.

thepolice123

He would solve everything, but he'd be a better puzzle piece than plenty of what we currently have.
What problem would he solve exactly?

We have Pogba who plays in the same areas of the pitch as him.