James Maddison

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabeast

Do not want if Ravel shows promise at Sheffield United. He has a far higher ceiling and only needs to sort out his behavioral issues.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I’m shocked Phelan hasn’t pushed for his signing after working with him at Hull. Technically miles better than James.

Inverting left-footed right winger, with good ball control and an eye for goal.

Yep. Much higher ceiling too.

His elegant style makes him look better than he actually is, like Grealish. David Brooks would be a far better signing, and I think Todd Cantwell at Norwich will eclipse the aforementioned two in terms of reputation by the end of the season; the kid reminds me of Modric.

Dennis Praet will be universally accepted as Leicester’s best midfielder by the end of the season.
While we were busy chasing longstaff, Leicester bought praet for next to nothing. It's a shame that he wasn't British as well

padzilla

Hipster
Regarding transfer fees, isn't it only expensive when the player is rubbish and offers nothing? What's the bigger waste of money - 80m on a player who makes a positive contribution and helps us improve or a player costing a fraction of that and makes zero contribution?

Needham

Where's the foresight at the club? It was obvious he was a major prospect some time ago. Ball sticks to his feet and often found looking to make the audacious move. How did the discussion go where it was decided not to bother?

Stacks

Do not want if Ravel shows promise at Sheffield United. He has a far higher ceiling and only needs to sort out his behavioral issues.
Morrison has not a single acceptable season on his record and he is 26. What ceiling does he have? You have to play games to develop and at 26 he has barely 100 games. He'll have a flash here and there but is unlikely to become much now.

Classical Mechanic

While we were busy chasing longstaff, Leicester bought praet for next to nothing. It's a shame that he wasn't British as well
Praet has 0.15 goals or assists per 90 over the past two seasons in Italy.

Lingard has 0.48 goals or assists per 90 over the past two seasons in England.

If he's a fraction of the player Lingard is then shouldn't Sampdoria being paying Leicester to take him off them?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Praet has 0.15 goals or assists per 90 over the past two seasons in Italy.

Lingard has 0.48 goals or assists per 90 over the past two seasons in England.

If he's a fraction of the player Lingard is then shouldn't Sampdoria being paying Leicester to take him off them?
Praet played in a deeper role and a worse team then jesse

Bestietom

Maddison to us will cost 80/100 million. That will be our total spend next season. No wonder it will take 4/5 years to get back to the top. Woodward again, will take the whole summer to get this deal over the line and it will conclude our business on final day. SEEN and HEARD it all before. Scandalous

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Maddison to us will cost 80/100 million. That will be our total spend next season. No wonder it will take 4/5 years to get back to the top. Woodward again, will take the whole summer to get this deal over the line and it will conclude our business on final day. SEEN and HEARD it all before. Scandalous
4/5 years doesn't sound so bad. Arsenal are still waiting 15 years and counting to get to the top, Liverpool 29 and counting, Spurs 58 and counting...

Gopher Brown

We’re not getting back to the top in 4/5 years if this current transfer ‘strategy’ continues. It then becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy - not signing good enough players because we finish 6th, then being unable to improve our league position, which makes signing substandard players our only option...

Scholsey2004

What type of player is he?
Right forward/winger. Left footer. Fast good dribbler, lethal in front of goal. He may develop to be a striker as he scores a lot. I reckon he's the next Jamie Vardy in terms of impact from a lower League. Arsenal were after him. I reckon we should snap him up.

Madzik_92

4/5 years doesn't sound so bad. Arsenal are still waiting 15 years and counting to get to the top, Liverpool 29 and counting, Spurs 58 and counting...
Wth not long? Have you forget since 2013 we've been saying this.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I’m shocked Phelan hasn’t pushed for his signing after working with him at Hull. Technically miles better than James.

Inverting left-footed right winger, with good ball control and an eye for goal.

Yep. Much higher ceiling too.

His elegant style makes him look better than he actually is, like Grealish. David Brooks would be a far better signing, and I think Todd Cantwell at Norwich will eclipse the aforementioned two in terms of reputation by the end of the season; the kid reminds me of Modric.

Dennis Praet will be universally accepted as Leicester’s best midfielder by the end of the season.
Hm. This about Praet and Cantwell seems very unlikely. We will see.

RooneyLegend

Right forward/winger. Left footer. Fast good dribbler, lethal in front of goal. He may develop to be a striker as he scores a lot. I reckon he's the next Jamie Vardy in terms of impact from a lower League. Arsenal were after him. I reckon we should snap him up.
Is he limited technically? just curious as to why you'd compare him to Vardy.

RooneyLegend

Morrison has not a single acceptable season on his record and he is 26. What ceiling does he have? You have to play games to develop and at 26 he has barely 100 games. He'll have a flash here and there but is unlikely to become much now.
Luckily for him he didnt have much to develop. There's every chance he could salvage his career.

Apokalips

Not talking about Praet, but should we really make him a benchmark and never buy cheap from Serie A again? We tried PL-proven with Schneiderlin/Fellaini/Sanchez/Lukaku and it failed too.
No, all that these things mean is that people should stop the nonsense of just bunching signings in a category like "Prem proven". Each is individual and there are no guarantees.

Chicharito was a good bargain from Mexico, doesn't mean every cheap poacher is gonna be as good. Should we have not bought van Persie because Berbatov was a disappointment and they're both "prem proven" European star forwards from North London clubs?

You may get a van Persie or a Lukaku...you may get a Kante or a Memphis, their origins/nationality/country they played in, etc. Does not mean they will perform the same as anyone else from those same categories. It would be an incredibly stupid business model to reject players like Mascherano or Messi in their primes because "Argentinians don't work at United"

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I’m sure the 3 games or so a season you actually watch him play make you better placed to judge than me...

Just like idiot pundits who still think we sit deep and counter instead of Plato g good football Vardy is incorrectly labelled as nothing but pace and work rate, you don’t score some of the finishes he does if you are poor technically

RooneyLegend

I’m sure the 3 games or so a season you actually watch him play make you better placed to judge than me...

Just like idiot pundits who still think we sit deep and counter instead of Plato g good football Vardy is incorrectly labelled as nothing but pace and work rate, you don’t score some of the finishes he does if you are poor technically
He's got decent ball striking technique but he's still limited technically. btw i watch loads of Leicester matches, more than a majority in a season.

kanemorg87

Seeing as Leicester had him valued at 60m
Now his got England first team call up does this mean his now 90m

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

Vardy is a top class forward. His goal record speaks for itself. He is not even in the top 6 team, and his team in general doesn't create as many chance for him as the top 6 team. I rate him highly. I would love to see Rashford or Martial score 18 goals in EPL when they are 32 just like Vardy.

RooneyLegend

Vardy is a top class forward. His goal record speaks for itself. He is not even in the top 6 team, and his team in general doesn't create as many chance for him as the top 6 team. I rate him highly. I would love to see Rashford or Martial score 18 goals in EPL when they are 32 just like Vardy.
Oh Vardy gets the job done, we all know that.

Scholsey2004

He's got decent ball striking technique but he's still limited technically. btw i watch loads of Leicester matches, more than a majority in a season.
That's such a pointless metric for a goalscorer. Do you think we signed Cole or van nistelrooy to boss possession with good technique?

Judas

Open to offers
No idea why we didn't go for him in the summer, was for the move then. He'll be more expensive and we'll have way more competition in the summer, just like Sancho.

Mr PG

Both Maddison and Maguire indicate why our club is in dire straits. Where was United when Leicester was acquiring both these players for next to nothing?. Most of us knew both players would improve is immeasurably 3 years ago when they would have cost us a fraction of their current price.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Both Maddison and Maguire indicate why our club is in dire straits. Where was United when Leicester was acquiring both these players for next to nothing?. Most of us knew both players would improve is immeasurably 3 years ago when they would have cost us a fraction of their current price.
You can use that logic for any club and player. Where was Liverpool when VVD signed for Southampton for just 12 million? Where was City even Atletico signed Rodri was around half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.