• No

Votes: 565 48.4%
  • I hate Silly Season

Votes: 198 17.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

I see. Obviously, I'm not Mourinho but James can play with Mkhi without problem, you play mkhi in his old role as a left attacking midfielder, James as a #10 and you bring a genuine right footed right winger. Martial and Rashford are in my opinion good enough to share the CF role while Mata would be a great depth option.

---------Rashford
Mkhi-----James----Carrasco
-----Pogba---Fabinho-----
Shaw--Rojo--Bailly---Valencia
----------De Gea

I believe that it is a balanced, realistic and improved team.
That does indeed look decent. Especially without one of our best players, Herrera.

GM K

The very destiny of all truly great teams.

They are bound to have so many good players that some will be too unhappy to stay due to lack of playing time.

Nevertheless, these teams still attract the very best despite the possibility of lack of playing time.

Mainoldo

I think most importantly to he is a leader. The more of them the better especially with the bunch of bottlers we have.

AlwaysRed66

We will pay 60m euros for him and they will pay 60m euros for De Gea. Basically a swap without it being so.
Losing our only world class player to luxury player who has a reputation for not being up for the fight is hardly a great deal. Mourinho is living dangerously.

el3mel

50m will be the most realistic price we can get him for, 40m a bit too cheap and anything less than this is very unrealistic because it's Madrid we're talking about.

Now starting to get more and more interested about this signing with such a price.

One thing for sure. Jose never does a panic buy. He never buys a player without knowing what he'll do with it so relax. This is not LvG or Moyes.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Would we sign him and Greizmann?

Bosws87

We severely lacking goals this season from anyone apart from ibrahimovich, we can sign a great player who is proven to score from midfield and create goals and you all moan to not sign him.

Top signing shows our intent and helps address our main issue scoring goals and unlocking defences!

Sign him up jose

shabin_d_great

Every one would have approved the signing in 2014, after the world Cup. 3 years later, he has not progressed much. But I would any day take a player who want to prove himself than some one trying to get along with his name.

Silverman

Im dubious. Very good player but another #10? Really? We already have Mat, Mkhitaryan and I think that is Pogba's best position. Unless we play him wide but I don't think he's quick enough to play there. Now, he could come and set the premier league alight but I'm unsure of this one.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The very destiny of all truly great teams.

They are bound to have so many good players that some will be too unhappy to stay due to lack of playing time.

Nevertheless, these teams still attract the very best despite the possibility of lack of playing time.
I think people forget how strong their squad is and that their fans will always want something shiny and new each summer, so a talented player will always get sacrificed. Not that they are rubbish but that the money and squad place has to be freed up.

Infra-red

Nobody reliable has yet said anything on this in terms of actual interest from United's end. The Sky reports simply say he's been offered to us (among others, presumably). It could well be the case that Mendes is looking to shop him around and our name is being thrown into the mix as a means of drumming up interest.

Fwiw I think he'd be great in Italy and with the recent influx of money there, I wouldn't be surprised to see him plying his trade in Milan next season

el3mel

Losing our only world class player to luxury player who has a reputation for not being up for the fight is hardly a great deal. Mourinho is living dangerously.
Pogba ?

And I'm all out for enforcing more offense much more important than having a world class GK in a team who can't score to save his life.

SachinJ22

Poster of Nonsense
Yes - James at 75m euros is a steal of the century when compared to 100m euros for Belotti. For 100m euros you can get Mbappe who is younger and shown more potential.
Lol. James at 30m to 40m would be a steal not at 75m. We can buy a cheaper player for 30m and spend that remaining 40m on a good CB or a good DM. Steal of the century? Are you serious? Yes we could get Mbappe but he has had just one good season in a weaker and less competitive league than the PL. Jose will never spend that much on an unproven teenage muppet fantasy.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I think James would improve us. He can't be any worse than Rooney or Lingard can he? My only worry is that it takes a chunk of our Summer transfer kitty.
Well yeah that's my point. Of course he's better than some players we already have but he'd cost an absolute fortune and not really bring that much more to the table than Mata or Mkhi.

GM K

That does indeed look decent. Especially without one of our best players, Herrera.
Hmnnn. Nice team suggestion but we will need to be patient and hopeful with this squad. There are a lot of assumptions here if we are predicting this team will deliver results.

We are assuming that:

- That Mikhi will regain form.
- That Martial will regain form.
- That Shaw will improve and he will stop getting season-ending injuries.
- That Rashford will indeed turn out to be a world class number nine.
- That James will cut it at United.
- That Fabinho will cut it in the EPL.

JoaquinJoaquin

Well yeah that's my point. Of course he's better than some players we already have but he'd cost an absolute fortune and not really bring that much more to the table than Mata or Mkhi.
Ah I see, Apologies. I'm just hoping that the money we pay for James is just money we will get recouped from selling players (Fellaini is in talks with a Turkish team, Rooney will go and De Gea probably to with possibly others) rather than coming out of the 'kitty' so to speak.

el3mel

He provides solutions these 2 can't provide. Really tired of this comparison. Even Mata and Mikhi have different play style than each other.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Seen James play enough times to say there's very little between him and Mata - not in the slight bit needed for Man Utd

I like Mata but people overrate him so much. James is a much better player than Mata in pretty much everyway.

laughtersassassin

Haven't watched him a lot.. mostly on big matches.... few questions..
1. Would he able to settle here ?
2. Will he elevate our attack? Is he good in set pieces?
3. Is he very expensive ?
4. Is he a hard worker or sulks?
5. Do we still need a striker if we buy him?
6. How good is he ? Sanchez level?
1. Only if we play more Attacking.
2. Would be best set piece taker in our team.
3. Depends. Reports between 50 to 75 mil euro. At 50 is Good at 75 we are being ripped off.
4. Average workrate but Jose would know this.
5. Yes but maybe Griezmann + Rashford we would be ok.
6. In Spain Showed a similar level to Sanchez but i would not expect him to do aswell as Sanchez in the PL.

Overall should be a good signing as long as we buy at least 1 or two other attacking options.

Drifter

American
That was three years ago.If Madrid could not get him to that level .What makes you think we will

BenRobbins

I was a bit skeptical regarding the possibility of bringing James in for such a large price too, however after having a quick browse on a few english Real forums they really don't want him to leave and are praying if he does leave its not to a CL rival.

Surely if they are worried about these things he's got to have a bit about him?

Devil may care

Assuming the DOF disagrees with the manager's idea, what comes next?
- If you buy the player, the manger still decides to play him as he deems fit.
- If you dont buy the player, you likely have a disgruntled manager who can no longer implement his idea on the pitch cos of a DOF.

Except for helping in negotiations, I dont see the use of a DOF in first team football. You hire a manager that you trust his judgement. At the point you stop trusting his judgment, you should fire him
All the other top clubs run just fine with a DOF, Bayern in large conduct the smartest business around and no manager their dictates every signing.

TrueRed79

We've been shite for 3 years and are crap at scoring goals. Are 6th in the league and people are moaning because we are replacing Rooney with a young, proper no.10. Ok lads...

el3mel

That was three years ago.If Madrid could not get him to that level .What makes you think we will
Because Madrid system doesn't fit him, with having Kroos and Modric they can't put one of them on the bench, and can't play with number 10 with both of them as they lack defensively hence Casemiro is important. That leaves him no place except wing which he's not good at it.

That's not related to him good or not. He joined the wrong team from the start.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's a very good player and if he's one of a number of signings then great. Think there are more pressing priorities though. CB, DM and striker IMO

GM K

I think people forget how strong their squad is and that their fans will always want something shiny and new each summer, so a talented player will always get sacrificed. Not that they are rubbish but that the money and squad place has to be freed up.
Totally agree.

Crashoutcassius

Personally hate this move. Was hoping we would move towards more pace as we seem to insist on counter attacking. Seems more like this is the best deal we could get for De he's rather than mourinho really wanting him over other players. Will likely be on 250k too.

On the other hand, since we can't really sign griezmann now it might mean serious cash to out to work on the defence and defensive midfield. Probably spells the end for Herrera as a starter but guess we have to trust mou on this stuff.

led_scholes

We are doing the same mistakes...We are upgrading Mata, that's not particularly bad but not a pressing need. We need a CM, a LB, a CB and maybe a striker and a GK (if DDG leaves obviously). We did the same with Mata and Kagawa and it didn't end that well

el3mel

We are doing the same mistakes...We are upgrading Mata, that's not particularly bad but not a pressing need. We need a CM, a LB, a CB and maybe a striker and a GK (if DDG leaves obviously). We did the same with Mata and Kagawa and it didn't end that well
We are lacking goals and scored only 51 goals in the league and you are thinking we only need a striker in the front row ?

This summer should bring at least 2 attacking players who can SCORE, other than this forget next season too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People keep saying we have other needs. Who's to say we won't sign 4/5 others?

Think there's going to be a big shake up this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.