James Rodriguez / signs for Everton / 2 yr deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like James, really. A team like Everton for him to have all the freedom in the world is what he needs. He’ll do well if they get him.

Chief123

Sometimes I forgot Ancelotti is the manager of Everton. OP is right. It shows you can get the top tier players with a world-class manager. It helps a lot. Most players move because they want to play for that particular manager and City has been widely touted as the most likely destination for Messi due to his personal connection with Pep.
I agree a manager plays a big part, but I don’t believe Rodriguez is a top tier player anymore. He’s looking to try and get his career back on track.

If Utd or any of the top clubs in premier league went in for him, he would jump at the chance regardless of the manager.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
He's one of the most talented attackers around. His fitness is the issue though.

SATA

Ancelotti is a massive fan and they seem to understand each other very well but I’m surprised by this. Our wage bill was already alarming and I don’t see him coming in to be happy on 100k or less a week.

Get him and Doucoure/Allan though and it would be fantastic for the squad.
Perhaps you are selling someone good to fund the sale and wages too? Richarlison?

binary bot
Overrated, not what we need. / FFS why are we not all over this?

Undecided on this one yet, will give it 6 months and then choose one of the above for maximum outrage

Brophs

The One and Only
He'll literally be posing for pictures in an Everton shirt and his people will be talking up a bid from Utd. The man Nico Gaitan could only dream of becoming.

But when all's said and done, it has to be better than watching Theo Walcott every week.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Perhaps you are selling someone good to fund the sale and wages too? Richarlison?
Highly doubt Richarlison is leaving this season and he’s happy at Everton. No point selling your best player who is in his early 20s to get a player in the latter 20s that has been below par in recent years.

SATA

Highly doubt Richarlison is leaving this season and he’s happy at Everton. No point selling your best player who is in his early 20s to get a player in the latter 20s that has been below par in recent years.
Fair enough. Not sure what other good players you have other than Richarlison who can fetch massive money that the elite teams want. Or perhaps your finances aren't as tight as imagined

My only Eric

Overrated, not what we need. / FFS why are we not all over this?

Undecided on this one yet, will give it 6 months and then choose one of the above for maximum outrage
Found the hindsight digger.

GenZRed

If the talk about him not liking cold weather is true then he won't last more than one season in England. I hope he does well though, while he is there.

Red_toad

What's English winter like compared to in Germany?
Comparable, he doesn’t like the cold, so wet, cold and dull Liverpool, what could go wrong... Hope they give him a long fat contract, he’ll probably play very well when the sun is shining and not turn up on those cold Tuesday nights in Stoke.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His third time with Ancelotti isn’t it?

DevilRed

If he thinks the germans are cold people, wait till he meets the scousers :lol::lol::lol:

His agent has really stitched him up

SER19

Yes a 29 year old injury prone guy who hasn't played 30 league games since 2013. A real coup that should be used to subtly knock our manager

Gopher Brown

Sometimes I forgot Ancelotti is the manager of Everton. OP is right. It shows you can get the top tier players with a world-class manager. It helps a lot. Most players move because they want to play for that particular manager and City has been widely touted as the most likely destination for Messi due to his personal connection with Pep.
I don’t think that’s true at all. Most players move for the money predominantly, then the status of the club, then perhaps the manager. You can’t tell me that Kai Havertz has always fantasised about playing for Frank Lampard. If this was also the case, why weren’t young English defenders queuing up to play for Southend or Macclesfield when Sol Campbell was there?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
His third time with Ancelotti isn’t it?
Not sure but he has 18 goals and 19 assists (37 overall) in 51 games under Ancelotti according to Transfermarkt. Looks like he played mainly out wide for him too. Tbh If he played out wide for us on the left which meant he was drifting inside and still giving Digne space to move forward it could be decent.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Not sure but he has 18 goals and 19 assists (37 overall) in 51 games under Ancelotti according to Transfermarkt. Looks like he played mainly out wide for him too. Tbh If he played out wide for us on the left which meant he was drifting inside and still giving Digne space to move forward it could be decent.
Remember him playing in midfield 3 for Madrid when they had injuries, he was very good but that was probably 5-6 years ago under Ancelotti.

marktan

He's exactly the type of player they shouldn't be signing. Big name but hasn't done anything for about 5 years, and won't do anything at Everton.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I think there’s a reason none of the elite clubs are going for him. It’s a gamble for both parties but if it comes off they’ll have a good player at the end of the day. Never rated Gilfi in the slightest, bet Swansea were laughing at that 40 mill

Tony247

One tournament wonder. Hence never buy players purely based on world cup or European cup. Sometimes players get extra motivated in those competitions.

RoyH1

Not as bad as some people here are pointing him out to be. Has a hell of left foot. Needs to put the work in though.

BlahRules

One tournament wonder. Hence never buy players purely based on world cup or European cup. Sometimes players get extra motivated in those competitions.
Its more to do with players having purple patch during these tournaments. Never really their actual level

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can you see him nursing the wounds of being kicked about by Phil Bardsley for 90 minutes on boxing day afternoon in a Goodison changing room that probably pre-dates fecking central heating?

He'll have a sick note in before he can decipher what Tom Davies means by "trakch bakch, la".

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
Some of you are seriously overrating Sirgudsson. He can't even run anymore and he's very cowardly in wanting to get on the ball for a supposed play maker. Even his set pieces have gone to shit these days.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I agree a manager plays a big part, but I don’t believe Rodriguez is a top tier player anymore. He’s looking to try and get his career back on track.

If Utd or any of the top clubs in premier league went in for him, he would jump at the chance regardless of the manager.
I really doubt it this time and at this stage of his career. It is his last chance and he definitely wants to reunion with a manager he can trust, and know how to use him in his tactic.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s a good player but could still go either way. I think his comments about the weather and stuff and when he was in Munich say a lot about the kind of person he is. I reckon he’ll be on huge money as in easily the highest paid player at the club. I feel like he might do well initially but massively taper off over the winter and then become their Sanchez//Di Maria for a season or 2 and end up getting loaned out or sold on quickly

poleglass red

good first name for scousers , can really get a good phlegmy pronunciation on the H part in Hames

Status
Not open for further replies.