Jamie Carragher

Samid

follows Pogue around, fixing his images
Excellent. It’s a shame no one directly challenged Souness on Sunday with the huge audience watching, but credit to Jamie, he’s clearly gone away and read/listened to fans even further.
They tried but that deadly can of beer wasn’t enough to hospitalise him.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Nobody should be surprised at Carragher having our back these past few weeks. He lives and breathes the game to a degree few can match within the sport. A bigger football anorak you’re unlikely to find.

I don’t always agree with him but respect his opinions 100% every single time, which is something I can’t say for the vast majority of pundits these days.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Pundits like Souness, Shearer and Jenas think they are above fan opinions. Shearer and Jones couldn't be bothered to do simple research before going on air to understand why United supporters are not happy with the owners. Souness didn't want to listen to Keane, Carragher and Neville. It's pure ignorance. Carragher on the other hand is in touch with the supporters views and he respects them.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Nobody should be surprised at Carragher having our back these past few weeks. He lives and breathes the game to a degree few can match within the sport. A bigger football anorak you’re unlikely to find.

I don’t always agree with him but respect his opinions 100% every single time, which is something I can’t say for the vast majority of pundits these days.
I second that. Well said.
There are times when football transcends club loyalty. And Jamie went up in my estimation.

Tapori

Carragher did something that few do.
He pinpointed and tried to comment pro-actively about media coverage that would ensue and kept highlighting the heart of the matter.
Ownership.

Him and Neville have many detractors, and though both are human and have and will make mistakes, on this recent coverage they have stayed steadfast in keeping the core issues in conversation.
Even when it affects Sky's magnum opus.

Ananke

They tried but that deadly can of beer wasn’t enough to hospitalise him.

Pains me to say it but yeh Carra spoke sense. Felt like it came from the heart of a proper football fan, not a pundit/footballer/manager. Souness however...literally sounded like he needed to be put in a home.