Jamie Carragher

No Love

And yet he was in the gantry with his trousers around his ankles when Klopp ran on the pitch to celebrate with Allison.

eire-red

It's a bit whingy from Carragher but he does have a point though. Arsenal are cringe, and don't have any real success to back it up.

All clubs are guilty of overdoing it on celebrations at one stage or another, but Arteta and Arsenal do take it to another, very irritating level on a consistent basis.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Everyone knows you're only allowed to overcelebrate drawing 2-2 at West Brom.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Arsenal do go too far with their celebrations though. They always did. Remember the throw in thread on here, then they were the first to celebrate top 4 like a title win. There was also ridiculous celebrations when they scored against Leicester a few years ago as though the title was in the bag, and Bournemouth last season. We aren’t just talking big game win celebrations we’re talking bigger than most teams winning the CL. You’d thought they would have learned their lesson by now as it does make them look silly when they win very little.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Feck me…his man crush used to kiss the camera when he scored against us

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

:lol: Spitty C getting absolutely spit roasted in response to his tweet.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This policing of celebrations really is the most tedious modern thing.

I remember people mocking us for celebrating when McTom scored 2 really late goals to turn a loss into a draw. If you can't celebrate late goals or important wins wildly what's the point.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This policing of celebrations really is the most tedious modern thing.

I remember people mocking us for celebrating when McTom scored 2 really late goals to turn a loss into a draw. If you can't celebrate late goals or important wins wildly what's the point.
Was loss into win.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What's more, I'm pretty sure Carragher referenced this incident in a positive way in the recent Stick to Football podcast, where they were discussing Klopps impact. The height of hypocrisy and bitterness.
This is also the club that held an open top bus parade to celebrate the two domestic cups.

No different to idiots on here thinking Gary Neville hates us.
To be fair, Carragher is literally being blindly pro-Liverpool here.

Neville clearly doesn't hate United, but he does overcompensate to hide his obvious bias in a way that Carragher, and basically every other former player doesn't.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is gross. The way he speaks, the way he turns purple when debating about stupid things in football and how he spits at people. Just overall disgusting.

GoldanoGraham

He is a dreadful pundit….so biased and and often his opinions never thought through.

He epitomises why I dislike Liverpool so much.

ESR10

Supports
Arsenal
Hi, I was in the stadium yesterday, one of the best atmosphere I ve experienced at the Emirates (below Bournemouth still).
I think we (the public) are responsible for these overcelebrations of the team.
We enjoy so much the quality of play, the utter dominance and maybe we get carried away. How stupid we are.
football is a show and I got so much for my money. Thanks Arsenal.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Hi, I was in the stadium yesterday, one of the best atmosphere I ve experienced at the Emirates (below Bournemouth still).
I think we (the public) are responsible for these overcelebrations of the team.
We enjoy so much the quality of play, the utter dominance and maybe we get carried away. How stupid we are.
football is a show and I got so much for my money. Thanks Arsenal.
:lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ian wright on about the shit Arsenal get now for over celebrating. Will be a tasty overlap

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It's a bit whingy from Carragher but he does have a point though. Arsenal are cringe, and don't have any real success to back it up.

All clubs are guilty of overdoing it on celebrations at one stage or another, but Arteta and Arsenal do take it to another, very irritating level on a consistent basis.
What trophy does a club need to win before their captain is allowed take pictures with the club photographer after a win?

poleglass red

he doesn't have any issues when Klopp does his punching the air routine he does at the end of games.

Chairman Steve

If the shoe was on the other foot, Carragher would be saying how Liverpool is a close knit family club, how it means more compared to any other team in the world and whatever other sanctimonious trite you can think of.

Didn’t he go nuts when Liverpool won a derby when old TRex arms stopped the ball going out of play and assisting in the spawniest of goals?

Last edited:

Gene Loblaw

Supports
Arsenal
It's funny because the same pundits like Carragher would blather on and on and on about how players like Ozil need to show more emotion while they're playing. And show that they care about the team. And respect the hardworking supporters by giving it their all on the pitch.

And now we have a group of players that really do play their butts off and want to celebrate with supporters and staff after a huge win, and he thinks it's classless. I know there's somewhat of a middle ground, but I don't see anything wrong with the way they celebrated yesterday. It wasn't disrespectful to Liverpool or their fans. It was just being excited for playing their best football in the biggest game of the PL season so far.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Cringe monster. Saying Kate Abdo isn’t loyal to her fiancé on live tv. Look at Richard’s reaction.

Would be a very weird "joke" to do in private but live on TV, what the f....

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That whole CBS coverage of the champions league is a cringe fest. Still to this day, I don't get why Micah Richards bring to the table in terms of analysis. He's just there for laughs

90 + 5min

That whole CBS coverage of the champions league is a cringe fest. Still to this day, I don't get why Micah Richards bring to the table in terms of analysis. He's just there for laughs
Agree. I have no idea why people would be upset with what Carragher said when this kind of conversation and language are used pretty much all the time by them.