Jamie Carragher

JogaBonitoRooney

Is Kate cheating on her man? Why would Carragher say that otherwise? Very disappointing from her. She seemed cool.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Agree. I have no idea why people would be upset with what Carragher said when this kind of conversation and language are used pretty much all the time by them.
Happy if you could share one example of this level of idiocy.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
What a fecking weirdo, imagine her fiancé watching this.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He’s like the uncle who pressures everyone into laughing at their jokes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Going to get fired for that and no-one will miss that odious twat.
Not convinced that's racist to be fair.

Edit : thought you were talking about what he said to Richards.

Last edited:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Not convinced that's racist to be fair.
It's obviously made a co-worker VERY uncomfortable and is pushing past the boundaries of workplace 'banter'. They say and do silly stuff all the time but this is straight up zero filter stupidity from Carragher. Off with his head.

ThatGreyKit

Is Kate cheating on her man? Why would Carragher say that otherwise? Very disappointing from her. She seemed cool.
Bit weird you go straight to blaming her before realising Carragher was thinking he was a top lad and would get more laughs then had an awkward panic when he noticed he didn't. He's the type of bloke to call someone gay in the pub for wearing a pink shirt then gets grumpy when nobody laughs.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He’s a knob. We all know he’s a knob because he behaves like a knob.

But he’s a knob that gets views for Sky/TNT etc so he’ll continue to be allowed to be a knob.

Money > Being a knob

Mike Smalling

With the spitting and now this, I’m starting to think Carragher might be a bit of an idiot. Will need more evidence to make a final conclusion.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Agree. I have no idea why people would be upset with what Carragher said when this kind of conversation and language are used pretty much all the time by them.
There's banter and then there's calling someone an adulterer on live tv as a joke. If you can't see the line there's a problem.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It's annoying as he's actually a good pundit but he gets carried away far too easily

90 + 5min

Happy if you could share one example of this level of idiocy.
He basically insinuated she cheated on her fiance. That isn’t the normal banter and you can tell that from their expressions.
That is how they have been talking to eachother pretty much all the time. Give and take. I would say Richards have been the one who have been on recieving side most. Who are we to tell where red line is for what is ok or not if you consider how they have been talking to eachother?

He crossed the line, you don’t say something like that on live TV.

Mike Smalling

That is how they have been talking to eachother pretty much all the time. Give and take. I would say Richards have been the one who have been on recieving side most. Who are we to tell where red line is for what is ok or not if you consider how they have been talking to eachother?
Bizarre take. You don’t insinuate someone else is cheating on live TV, while having a football discussion. Just look at their reactions.

LochGormanAbú

Supports
Liverpool
He's an idiot, I'd imagine some truth in it and may involve one of his co pundits, you just don't do that though. I wouldn't be surprised if other pundits told their bosses they aren't happy with him, there is a banter line and he's gone pretty much as far as you can over it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No it isn't. Do you not understand what Charrager said? That is not normal banter.

Also Abdos reaction made it pretty clear that what Charrager said was not on, live on TV. Can imagine he got a bollocking from the producers. Just look at Henry and Richards immediate reaction when Charrager said that too.

CallyRed

He spat at a child and managed to keep his job. I don't think this "banter" will get him sacked.

90 + 5min

There's banter and then there's calling someone an adulterer on live tv as a joke. If you can't see the line there's a problem.
That is not for us to decide. If they talk to eachother like that in the studio why should we decide. She was surprised by that comment from Carragher but we know they have been joking a lot in their show.

Bizarre take. You don’t insinuate someone else is cheating on live TV, while having a football discussion. Just look at their reactions.
No it isn't. Do you not understand what Charrager said? That is not normal banter.
She did react very surprised. Just laugh it off and go on and say something back. Like they have been doing previously.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That is not for us to decide. If they talk to eachother like that in the studio why should we decide. She was surprised by that comment from Carragher but we know they have been joking a lot in their show.

She did react very surprised. Just laugh it off and go on and say something back. Like they have been doing previously.
She reacted quite pissed off, Richards and Henry were visibly shocked and silenced by that line. It's clearly not banter.

Saying "that's not for us to decide" is a ridiculously daft argument. We are the audience, the product is for us. If we clip on to something that's deemed a red flag then they get in trouble. They can have all the banter with no lines behind the camera all they like, but in front of the camera there's certain things you just don't say
Besides, the video very clearly shows no one took that as banter.

Mike Smalling

What should she reply back with? "Why don't you go spit on a child?" or "Well you also cheat on your missus, so there!".

It was an extremely inappropriate comment for Carragher to make. Don't see how anyone can disagree with that.

Smores

Also it should go without saying but 'banter' isn't an excuse for inappropriate work place behaviour. He won't get sacked but sure he'll get a bollocking.

Strachan8

Spot on. Richards’ reaction is telling. Even though this was on a US network it should also be a massive wake up call for Sky who fired Gray and Keys for derogatory comments about a female staff member that were leaked not on live coverage.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Also it should go without saying but 'banter' isn't an excuse for inappropriate work place behaviour. He won't get sacked but sure he'll get a bollocking.
Yeah, possibly to create as little fuss as possible about the whole thing. I imagine he's going to start getting sidelined pretty quickly now.

90 + 5min

She reacted quite pissed off, Richards and Henry were visibly shocked and silenced by that line. It's clearly not banter.

Saying "that's not for us to decide" is a ridiculously daft argument. We are the audience, the product is for us. If we clip on to something that's deemed a red flag then they get in trouble. They can have all the banter with no lines behind the camera all they like, but in front of the camera there's certain things you just don't say
Besides, the video very clearly shows no one took that as banter.
Maybe it is for Carragher. People react differently to different things and have different humour.

What should she reply back with? "Why don't you go spit on a child?" or "Well you also cheat on your missus, so there!".

It was an extremely inappropriate comment for Carragher to make. Don't see how anyone can disagree with that.
That is up to her. Just answer with some funny comment back. What is inappropriate for someone don't need to be for another. If Carragher thinks it is ok with those jokes so be it. Like I said, they have been joking around every time they were on tv. For example Richards have been taking it and laughing it off every time they were at him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe it is for Carragher. People react differently to different things and have different humour.

That is up to her. Just answer with some funny comment back. What is inappropriate for someone don't need to be for another. If Carragher thinks it is ok with those jokes so be it. Like I said, they have been joking around every time they were on tv. For example Richards have been taking it and laughing it off every time they were at him.
What? That's an absolute insane line of thinking?

So if Carragher thinks a racist joke is okay then so be it? We all have to go along with it?

TheGame

I'm not sure how much of them you have been watching but this has never been part of the banter.

Oldyella

Aren't half the jokes they make about how Henry fancies Abdo? (I don't watch it unless I am diligently reporting illegal streams) He's partnered up.

Problem with banter, everyone's limit is different so you need to be very careful.

TheGame

WTF? :lol: :lol: :houllier::houllier:

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal

I think we're watching a brain entirely bred on twitter and the interweb in action here.