Jamie Carragher

kaku06

Wait, does Gary Neville holiday with this cnut?

F*kn hell, bad enough having to work with him.
Neville isn’t doing anything by force. They are best mates at this point. They even go on holidays together with families. Safe to say they are as close to each other as they come.

Oscar Bonavena

Neville isn’t doing anything by force. They are best mates at this point. They even go on holidays together with families. Safe to say they are as close to each other as they come.
Couldn't do it. Nothing to do with him being an ex-Liverpool player, but how could you choose to have your kids around a guy who spat at another kid?

Stadjer

Couldn't do it. Nothing to do with him being an ex-Liverpool player, but how could you choose to have your kids around a guy who spat at another kid?
Didnt he spit at some guy who was taunting him and the kid (the taunting guy his kid) was in the middle of it? He dont think he wanted to spit at a kid so i dont think Neville has to worry about Carragher feeling the urge to spit at Neville his kids.

FujiVice

Carragher's story in his book that his mates were going to beat up Lucas Neil in the town centre because broke Carragher's leg on the pitch is the cringiest shit I've ever heard.

"I didnt give it the go-ahead, because he was with Davey Thommo. My mate from Liverpool."

Never seen a more obvious made up story that's an attempt to look like a well connected hard man than that shit. Thick as mince.

crossy1686

career ending
Wait, does Gary Neville holiday with this cnut?

F*kn hell, bad enough having to work with him.
I think they go skiing a lot together, or they seemed to suggest that on the Overlap. So just know that skiing is super fecking hard if you're not from a country where you've done it since you were a child and there's lots of hard falls involved, personally I'd like to watch Carragher fall on his face for a few hours.

Oscar Bonavena

Didnt he spit at some guy who was taunting him and the kid (the taunting guy his kid) was in the middle of it? He dont think he wanted to spit at a kid so i dont think Neville has to worry about Carragher feeling the urge to spit at Neville his kids.
Spitting on anyone is a scummy thing to do, plus unless he's blind, he couldn't but have seen the kid sitting in the front passenger seat.

An utter scumbag. Speaks to character.

sugar_kane

A really bizarre interview with him and Sancho after the PSG game where he's 8 pints deep. He puts on a professional front on Sky and he's on point with some of his views but he seems like a total bellend.

Have to say I really dislike the lads lads lads vibe on CBS, it's grim.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

A really bizarre interview with him and Sancho after the PSG game where he's 8 pints deep. He puts on a professional front on Sky and he's on point with some of his views but he seems like a total bellend.

Nah, I'm hoping they go full throttle and get them all coked up next time.

Ole'sattheWheel

Yeah it’s ridiculously cringe

Mike Smalling

Yeah, that's cringe. I wonder if Carragher has a mild form of bipolar disorder. He's either absolutely over the top in this hyperactive joker mood, or he's spitting at 14 year olds.

Sir Marcus

Apparently this guy is somehow more deserving of his punditry roles than Jill Scott..

Sir Marcus

Carragher is a great pundit with a wealth of football knowledge. It's not really that which is the issue with him.
There’s not much in it between even the worst pundit compared to the best, definitely not enough to put up with spitting on teenagers and getting drunk at work imo.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Spitting thing was gross and weird but I like Carragher as a pundit/tv personality.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
There’s not much in it between even the worst pundit compared to the best, definitely not enough to put up with spitting on teenagers and getting drunk at work imo.
I doubt Carragher is getting drunk on CBS without them giving the go ahead to do so + there definitely is a difference between worst and best pundits...

Sir Marcus

I doubt Carragher is getting drunk on CBS without them giving the go ahead to do so + there definitely is a difference between worst and best pundits...
And the spitting on children?

Jill Scott is a far better watch as a pundit imo, not sure what people see in Carragher to make them defend him so much.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
And the spitting in children?

Jill Scott is a far better watch as a pundit imo, not sure what people see in Carragher to make them defend him so much.
He apologised for that and was probably given a warning that if he does anything like that again he's gone. I think it's rank but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad pundit, just a shit person.

Jill Scott is fine but she doesn't have the knowledge of Carragher/the analysis which he does which is no shame as Carragher is very good at it.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Definitely they did, they basically send him to get the full experience of joining Dortmund's yellow wall and their fans. Everybody knows that means getting drunk.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He apologised for that and was probably given a warning that if he does anything like that again he's gone. I think it's rank but that doesn't suddenly make him a bad pundit, just a shit person.

Jill Scott is fine but she doesn't have the knowledge of Carragher/the analysis which he does which is no shame as Carragher is very good at it.
Just listen to Carragher talk about the game, it's really basic and rudimentary.

"There, he has to be there" while pointing at an iPad.

"When I was playing, I'd always think, what's my job *brings hands to his chest*, where do I have to be...and I'd want to be there...."

What insight

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just listen to Carragher talk about the game, it's really basic and rudimentary.

"When I was playing, I'd always think, what's my job *brings hands to his chest*, where do I have to be...and I'd want to be there...."

What insight
I'm talking more about the segments on MNF where he goes into further depth. Standard game punditry is more levelled in analysis.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

What insight
It's basic and cringe but he does it with "personality" and that's why i assume some people like him. They want some drama/flavor in their punditry and he provides it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
And the spitting on children?

Jill Scott doesn't seem to have much knowledge. Carragher was talking about his penalty for England against Portugal on the overlap and Jill seemed to have no idea it happend.

GlasgowCeltic

Yeah he isn't, he's never been close. He doesn't actually say anything of any meaning. Just a random volley of words whenever he speaks.
Who’s better, the bar is in the floor but he’s definitely made MNF better and he’s great on CBS

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Yeah, it's really shit

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
What do people really see in Jill Scott as a pundit? Her analysis is very weak and opinions are as standard and safe as it gets. I have seen YouTube fan channels put out more nuanced opinions!

It's like watching paint dry.

Pundits should be highly opinionated and not people who sit on the fence trying to be politically correct all the time. It's easy to just say a few nice things, smile and leave.

Look at Roy Keane. I don't agree with everything he says, but he's definitely not afraid to make his point regardless of whether people like it or not. That's what punditry is all about. You can't be a pundit and be terrified of online trolling. The likes of Keane and Carragher aren't afraid of trolling. Their controversial comments on big names like Haaland and Ronaldo proves that.

Also, there's a certain level of tactical insight and analysis which these ex-players simply cannot provide. For that, you need the big managers. Mourinho was brilliant at Sky while he was there. His tactical knowledge and analysis of games was impeccable.

Carragher is definitely a far superior pundit to Jill in terms of insight and entertainment. Carragher and Neville are a nice balance of insight and entertainment. Keane and especially Micah Richards are in it for the entertainment factor rather than analysis.

The American show, CBS Golazo is all about entertainment and having a good time with the lads. Kate Abdo is absolutely fantastic(easily one of the best presenters) and has great camaraderie with Henry, Richards and Carragher. It's fine for laughs and banter but the analysis on that show is laughably bad and they know it. That is exactly what CBS is going for. They only care about the viral clips, entertainment factor and clicks.

Last edited:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He's got a good recollection of historical football facts but his tactical insight is overblown - when it's not pre-prepared it's pretty basic and rudimentary, indicating he either needs a lot of time to analyse (which is ok) or he has a team working on his prepared segments. His fame and recognition is mind blowing for me, but then again the standard in that industry is ridiculously low.

tomaldinho1

Carragher is a great pundit with a wealth of football knowledge. It's not really that which is the issue with him.
Yeah his football knowledge is unbelievably good, he's just got a bit of a desperate to be funny vibe about him, perfectly shown in the weird unfaithful joke to Kate Abdo.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
Who’s better, the bar is in the floor but he’s definitely made MNF better and he’s great on CBS
I'm not a massive fan of Carragher and Neville but people would do well to remember the days of Gray and Keys post match or Lawrenson and Hansen being sour faced pricks about anything other than Liverpool on MOTD for decades. Punditry has gotten better and in some ways also more annoying because it's not as anodyne as it used to be.