Javi Guerra - United most interested

city-puma

He's more attack minded than Matic ever was. If anything, stylistically, he's more like Dani Parejo but with more directness to his game.
Ok. I asked the question because Matic was originally an attacking midfielder and was converted to defensive midfielder later. The video posted earlier by someone somehow gives me an impression he has some similarities to how Matic plays. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

SAF is the GOAT

He looks good here! I just saw a welcome to Utd video on YouTube and he looks average

The video above he seems to have good close control, can beat a press, nice varied range of running into space, can finish around the box and has a good bit of size and fight about him. If this is an INEOS - Mitchell thing then bring it on. 40 million is grand if it doesn’t fully work out. I’d have preferred if we went for two promising players like this instead of Casemiro. I expect to see quite a high squad turnover in the next few years until we find the winning formula again.
No chance they selling him for that price ESPECIALLY to us

Why not look at Federico Redondo(Fernando's son) playing in the Argentinian league, His value is 8M, how high can it go?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
This looks like the exact type of player Ten Hag expects McTominay to be. A bit like Gravenberch.
More like expects Mount to be. So is he giving up on Mount already?

Bondi77

Once Mason Mount is up and running in his Utd career he will be our goal scoring midfielder and we will not need to cough up obscene amounts of cash on these pretenders.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Know little about him but based on the discourse he seems like a United type signing as we love to hoard midfielders who aren’t highly technical or tempo dictating playmakers but instead either reliant on end product or all action attributes.

The clip posted of his season highlights wasn’t great either.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Think he'll give us a different option from midfield at least. None of our midfielders do what he does (which is carrying the ball from midfield to attack through dribbles). Our midfielders are mostly either passers (Mainoo, Amrabat, Bruno, Eriksen), tacklers (Case) or confused (McT, Mount).

I do think we need someone to take over Eriksen's profile though - we really miss that sort of midfielder when he doesn't play.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Overly simplistic view but main strengths:

Casemiro - Retired mentally
Mainoo - youth
Eriksen - retired physically
Bruno - look at me I play passes with the outside of my foot which go nowhere
McTominay - coward
Mount - ETH is my dad
Amrabat - who?
Hannibal - youth
Fixed.

Highfather_24

Would rather a Modrid/Scholes profile midfielder, rather than a McTominay replacement.

jeepers

We need to replace Eriksen. Or get a second Mainoo. Mainoo can drive into space and pick a pass. But I’ve not seen him take set pieces or that many shots really, even in academy football, or at least I don’t remember well.

Unless the plan is get Bruno to play deep, which I’m unsure will work because that’s not his natural instinct.

JeffFromHK

I wasn't impressed with Amrabat when I watched his highlights, I am not impressed with Javier Guaerra's highlights either

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
I wasn't impressed with Amrabat when I watched his highlights, I am not impressed with Javier Guaerra's highlights either
He doesn't pass the fbref stats or the eye test. I call bs on this one. Probably his club using our name to drum up interest.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's elite for his age for goal scoring central midfielders. He seems like a much more skilful and direct McT but he can also actually play CM too.
For once I wish we'd target a midfielder who was elite at passing and keeping the ball.

Hammondo

He's elite for his age for goal scoring central midfielders. He seems like a much more skilful and direct McT but he can also actually play CM too.
What about the more important stuff like can he play under the press, how's his passing, his first touch, can he dictate play, can he be creative?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What about the more important stuff like can he play under the press, how's his passing, his first touch, can he dictate play, can he be creative?
He doesn't really know. Admitted in one video he looked average but decided to change his mind based on a highlight reel that cherry picked his best moments.

He looks good here! I just saw a welcome to Utd video on YouTube and he looks average

The video above he seems to have good close control, can beat a press, nice varied range of running into space, can finish around the box and has a good bit of size and fight about him. If this is an INEOS - Mitchell thing then bring it on. 40 million is grand if it doesn’t fully work out. I’d have preferred if we went for two promising players like this instead of Casemiro. I expect to see quite a high squad turnover in the next few years until we find the winning formula again.

Hammondo

He doesn't really know. Admitted in one video he looked average but decided to change his mind based on a highlight reel that cherry picked his best moments.
Yea that video doesn't show what he's claiming it does.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Deadwood. Can't wait til this coward fraud is out of my club.

Hammondo

None of them really do :lol:
Very true. Just once I would like to watch one where its a guy passing the ball around in a longer clip where I can see how he positions, looks, deals with the press, and decides where and when to pass.

United888

His passing completion is poor for someone who don’t make enough progressive passes. If we want to progress to be possession based team, he’s just not the no 8 we should be investing. Although, you could say he’s playing at Valencia and they don’t really dominate teams in la liga so may be there is some of his passing assets that haven’t been utilised enough and he could develop his passing and ball retention through coaching. However, if he needs basic coaching with his passing then we shouldn’t be paying 30m.

Ekeke

He's a good young player but I prefer Mainoo and dont believe we'll be picking an 18 year old and a 20 year old weekly in the premier league in our CM poisitions

Ekeke

I haven't been able to watch much of Javi Guerra this season, but from the little I saw of him last season, he seems to be a skillful playmaking central midfielder who's a decent attacking threat in the final third. He was playing a big part in Valencia's attacks as well, so he has what it takes to control the midfield. What makes him particularly appealing here is his size: he's 187 cm tall (6'2"), so he seems to be a ready-made McTominay replacement.
That might be what he becomes but no, he isnt a playmaker or midfield controller right now. His on the ball passing numbers are lower than McTom and most midfielders. Its an area he can improve a lot

What he's good at is running the ball, getting into the attack and shooting. He's a bit more like Carlos Soler who they sold to PSG previously or a McTom with better technique

Pepelu is Valencia's passing/controlling CM and last season it was Andre Almeida who has pushed forward in more of a bruno role since they bought Pepelu in the summer. Guerra is running the ball and shooting

gajender

He's a good young player but I prefer Mainoo and dont believe we'll be picking an 18 year old and a 20 year old weekly in the premier league in our CM poisitions
Though his highlights aren't that great but I also think raw attributes are there and eventually I see him playing as deepest midfielder .

Ekeke

Though his highlights aren't that great but I also think raw attributes are there and eventually I see him playing as deepest midfielder .
This is what he currently is

Dont be surprised if he's always an attacking minded midfielder

gajender

This is what he currently is

Dont be surprised if he's always an attacking minded midfielder
That's fair enough but I do think he could be like Matic if that make sense to you .

But offcourse that would require plenty of work and patience .

Gordon S

We love a tall midfielder.
Always work like a fecking charm. Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Mctominay. Tall and slow is our secret weapon to owning that midfield area! Has to be tall, has to be!

Serious note, looks like a talent!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We love a tall midfielder.
Always work like a fecking charm. Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Mctominay. Tall and slow is our secret weapon to owning that midfield area! Has to be tall, has to be!
Hmmm.

6'2" - Carrick
6'3" - Pogba
6'4" - Fellaini, Matic, McTominay

As such, it's scientifically proven that 6'2" is the optimum height if we're looking for a tall midfielder, and the taller they get after that the worse they end up being. How tall is this guy again? Google says 188cm (the same as Carrick), so sign him up!

Gordon S

Hmmm.

6'2" - Carrick
6'3" - Pogba
6'4" - Fellaini, Matic, McTominay

As such, it's scientifically proven that 6'2" is the optimum height if we're looking for a tall midfielder, and the taller they get after that the worse they end up being. How tall is this guy again? Google says 188cm (the same as Carrick), so sign him up!
Hmm Busquets is 189cm, you are probably on to something. He has room to grow even!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He also looks fast for someone so tall. He's definitely more a transition player than a controller, but gets stuck in defensively too. Gonna have a to watch a Valencia game fully now.