Javier Hernandez | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferguson

When the club brings in a new player I think they usually like to keep them at the club the first year so that they can learn what the club is about and what to aim for.

For that reason I expect Macheda/Diouf/Wellbeck to be loaned out before Hernandez is. Hernandez should compete with Owen for the role of impact sub this year, and I think he has a good chance of winning that battle despite Owen's seniority and goal-scoring nous.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Owen's seniority and goalscoring nous will be invaluable in the treatment room, the little prick.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
If he gets enough gametime i could see him scoring a serious amount of goals in the closing stages of matches against tiring defences. Always playing on the shoulder of the last defender and has great movement in and around the penalty box. He's sure to score a few you'd think

just got an email from the club shop about buying a new shirt and getting it personalised and they have a shirt with a number 14 and chicharito on it ! arrriba!

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Hernandez, 22, was timed at running a top speed of 19.97 mph, which compares with Usain Bolt's average of 23 mph when he won Gold at the 2008 Olympics.
Daily Mail

Compared to Premier League players renowned for their pace:

Neutral

BTV
Nike ran that comp right? Those figures simply dont look correct at all. Dacid Bentley for one, is not that quick...also Wazza might have had a ton of pace a few seasons ago...but he is simply quick now, not rapid.

Bear Attack

Oh you are right..but I think Adebayor is Adidas; I remember him wearing F50's.

Hmm...maybe it's actually correct but is Rooney actually that pacey?

wr8_utd

:'(
Manchester United new boy Javier Hernandez will have 'Chicharito' on his shirt for the new season.

And he's the number 14...after Smith and HOward :nervous:

Average Joe

Manchester United new boy Javier Hernandez will have 'Chicharito' on his shirt for the new season.

14 I can handle... Is he really going to have 'Chicarito' on his back or are you on a windup?

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times

My son has just received his JJB pre-release shirt with '14 and Hernandez' :( Had to take a punt on the squad numbers.
Can't believe the old glaswegian is allowing his player to have 'little pea' on his shirt :keano:

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I didn't think Hernandez seemed that quick to be honest so thats a surprise. He certainly doesn't look very fast when I've seen him play.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
For me I didn't get the impression he is rapid when at top sprint, but that is actual acceleration is very very quick (same with Rooney) in that over 5/10 yards he will burn most players - which is all you really need for a player like himself.

CasaStreets

Of course it's not right, it's not even close. For starters, it lists that a number of those players have higher speeds on the ball than off the ball... don't bother with either that or the FIFA "fastest speeds." It's all a load of shit

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
MANCHESTER UNITED new-boy Javier Hernandez will have the name 'Chicharito' on his shirt.

The Mexican striker, 22, scored twice at the World Cup and was clocked as the fastest player of the tournament at 19.97mph.

United fans will see him wearing the No 14 shirt with his nickname - translated as Little Pea.

Read more: Javier makes big name for himself | The Sun |Sport|Football
Fastest at the world cup! Number 14! Did he clear this with Kanchelskis?

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I hate that, why cant he just have his real name on the shirt.

What if Rooney decided he wanted to have Wazza on his shirt or Rio had Ferdy on his, its just very scally and very sad.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
I thought the were rules within the Premier League that prevented this from happening or did I just make that up?

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
I hate that, why cant he just have his real name on the shirt.

What if Rooney decided he wanted to have Wazza on his shirt or Rio had Ferdy on his, its just very scally and very sad.
I'd love to see P.I.G on the back of our 2nd choice goalie.

Member 39557

I thought the were rules within the Premier League that prevented this from happening or did I just make that up?
Well, If I remember correctly, didn't Jordi swap between Jordi and Cruyff when he played for us?

Jordi isn't his surname, so I'd think it would be allowed.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

And Cruyff, Kleberson and Tosic :eek:

MalibuKen

Interesting... I hope he does well.

From what I have seen of him he looks very nippy and quite intelligent. It bodes well.

prateik

this chicharito on shirt is real

atleast it isnt as bad as HULK

Maajid

Formerly Mad
That cannot be right. There's no way David Bentley could be faster than Aaron Lennon.
That's from a couple of years ago, and if I remember correctly Nike had videos of them doing the course. Nonetheless, I cited it not for its accuracy today but more to give the 19.97 mph figure some context.

Status
Not open for further replies.