Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

Thanks for sharing man. Its a good thing for you that you didn't elaborate, otherwise I'm sure you'd have produced a stand-out piece of quality rubbish that would have put this silly post of yours in its proper perspective.
No need, it was just a shit tantrum.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Good goalgetter, but I'm anticipating a loss of possession or a breakdown of our counterattack when his involvement is anything but applying the finish to the move. Usually, the worry was justified (unfortunately).

If there are no injuries to our wingers, I'd prefer the Welbeck+Rooney partnership, with Hernandez as third choice.

Cold_Boy

Why are we criticising Hernandez?

He has done well this season and injuries have dented his season a bit. People seriously don't understand the type of striker/player he is.

Its a completely different debate whether people prefer a striker like him or not.

Probably needs to score a last minute goal to win it for United before the end of season and I am sure everyone would be comparing him to Messi again.

Interval

Level
Growing pains.

You often hear players saying they have to constantly re-invent/ adjust their styles to ensure they aren't predictable. He is adding different facets to his game. He is adapting.

It'll happen. Your positioning and runs don't just disappear overnight. He'll be a better player for it.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
He hasnt had a great season but it would be a big ask for him to repeat his efforts of last season. I think he should be behind Berba right now coz his form is poor at the moment, but I have no doubts about his quality or his long-term future at the club. He is a class act and will score tons of goals for us.

Smores

He scored 2 in his last game :confused:
Not only that but he's got 6 in his last 8 and he's not played the 90 minutes in some of those games.

Going through his appearances I'm not sure he's had a substantial period of bad goalscoring form. The lads got a goal every 124 minutes in the PL which is the same as Ba, Welbecks on 226mpg, Rooney on 104.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not only that but he's got 6 in his last 8 and he's not played the 90 minutes in some of those games.

Going through his appearances I'm not sure he's had a substantial period of bad goalscoring form. The lads got a goal every 124 minutes in the PL which is the same as Ba, Welbecks on 226mpg, Rooney on 104.
As we've learned from the Berbatov thread the stats don't tell the full story though do they? People have made up their minds to treat Chicharito as a scapegoat and no amount of goals is going to stop that now. If he were to score in every game of the season from now until the end of the year with the result that we picked up 9 straight 1-0s people would still moan about him. Guaranteed.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Mexico coach Luis Fernando Tena has admitted Javier Hernandez is under consideration for a place in the squad for the Olympic football tournament. The United striker is an option for one of the over-aged spots in the Under-23 party. "We always think about Chicharito for the quality he has, for what he represents and because he plays in England. There is no guarantee on anything yet but it's inevitable to think about it," he told Univision.

Manchester United homepage
He deserves and needs a summer break.

Smores

Better bloody not, I'm sure he'll want to so hopefully Fergie has words

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
What was your reaction when he tried and failed to do his back-header last night (monday).

I was rather angry at him, even though he has pulled it off with such success before.

AARRONB06

Hes struggling with his first touch I think, and his passing can be off at times, but hes the naturel finisher we have, he'll keep on improving his game, his off ball movement is up there with the best!!! I'd like to see peoples views in a few years!! Hesgoing to be a top player.

NM

Second season syndrome, injuries and higher expectations have caused this problem, along with non stop football. He will turn out fine. I hope he doesn't go to the Olympics though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Second season syndrome, injuries and higher expectations have caused this problem, along with non stop football. He will turn out fine. I hope he doesn't go to the Olympics though.
He's still had a pretty decent return, 12 goals and he has been in and out of the team all year, used as a sub a lot too. Our second leading goalscorer this season, though welbeck is on 10 and berbas on 9.

Amir

Second season syndrome, injuries and higher expectations have caused this problem, along with non stop football. He will turn out fine.
Looking at our favourite comparison, Solskjaer's season didn't quite match up to his first either. ;)

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Hes struggling with his first touch I think, and his passing can be off at times, but hes the naturel finisher we have, he'll keep on improving his game, his off ball movement is up there with the best!!! I'd like to see peoples views in a few years!! Hesgoing to be a top player.
It's not his first touch. His touch in general is fine.
It's his awareness and his all-round ability when he's not occupying an out and out poacher position and role. He's just not that type of striker. When he comes deep he always exaggerates his touches and really goes looking for a player to dish off to as though it's not natural for him.

It's nothing to scold him about. It's just the type of striker he is. Much like Welbeck isn't the best finisher around but his all-round game is strong and useful. They are both developing.

I think he should get a chance against QPR as they will be coming right at us to get a win and they play with adventurous fullbacks and a high line. It's Chica time!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
the summer olympics is the last thing he needs.. please give him a break mr.mexican coach
This.

He hasn't had a summer break since World Cup 2010. Last summer it was the Gold Cup. Now its the Olympics? By time next season kicks off he'll have less steam than a cold kettle. The guy needs some rest.

Devilton

In many ways, he reminds me of a young David Villa...a player that has exceptional movement off the ball but needs his midfield to be equally mobile to create chances for him. The problem is our midfield doesn't operate like that. We look to create chances by pushing balls wide and then fizzing them into the box. This makes it difficult for strikers like Hernandez and Rooney who while good in the air aren't going to beat 6'4 defenders.

To get the best out of Hernandez we need a midfield which will pull defenders into the dreaded zone between the midfield and backline. To do this they need to be able to dribble well and get past their markers. Anderson and Cleverly could potentially do this if they weren't injured all the time. This sort of movement would allow Hernandez to get behind his markers and feed off the through ball and get one on one with the keeper. That's where i see him excelling.

Currently our midfield just doesn't push forward enough so defenders hold the line, and wait for Hernandez to step offside as he's trying to anticipate the ball over the top or through ball which often comes a fraction too late.

Skholesy

I have no doubt that his hold up and link up play will improve in time - solely because he's terrible at that right now! It looks worse that a Championship striker's hold up/link up play to be honest - it really is terribly bad.

Which is why, its so bad that i'm sure its a confidence/experience thing and he will surely improve with time. I have no doubt about that.

Skywarden

I'm a bit puzzled. I thought his first touch would show signs of improvement but in reality it has gotten worse.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Currently, a very limited player with severe weaknesses. We cant afford to play him from the start. Shame Welbeck has gone off the boil a bit as well

togg

apart from Rooney, none of our strikers are what you call on form. Hernandez is having that typical second season syndrome and Welbeck may have great potential but we can't suggest he is a prolific scorer...or perhaps ever will be. As for Berba, since he is obviously leaving, as Ferguson has intimated, I don't think we will see him in a united shirt again.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He just looks completely limited and his main attributes have always been scoring clear cut chances. If he's not getting them, he's barely contributing.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Him, Rooney and Giggs an axis that worked so well last season hasn't looked in synergy this year, to be fair to Hernandez he had little to feed off last night.

Number7

Ret's Slave
He's been particularly useless in the run in. His runs used to create space for Rooney, I can't put my finger on why this isn't happening any more.

Anderson8

Yep. Who's threading through smart passes to feed his runs? Nobody. I like our midfield but it doesn't suit him, we're too patient for him.

kps88

Too easy to just blame the midfield. Was the same last season as well and he did very well. This time around we have one of the greatest passers ever bang on form. Not to mention we normally have two in form wingers putting in crosses. He's just gone off the boil and defenders know what he's all about now. Typical second season syndrome. Has had a tiring preseason and bad luck with injuries as well. Needs a good rest this summer.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He's off form, but the midfield isn't helping. We very rarely provide the type of football he needs.

Smores

From the first game this season I thought he looked tired, I really hope he doesn't play in the olympics this summer.

Even being 'useless' he's got 10 goals in 17 starts. Even with his 'useless' contributions he's got the same amount of league assists as Welbeck and scored more goals in last starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.