Javier Hernandez | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm not a fan of Hernandez, there, I said it! He is too one-dimentional imo, Welbeck can at least wiggle past a defender and create something for himself/others, Hernandez is too reliant on being fed on a plate.
That's just the sort of striker he is. He's not a fabulous footballer and no-one is claiming he is.

Weird post Jacob.

Drifter

American
I'm not a fan of Hernandez, there, I said it! He is too one-dimentional imo, Welbeck can at least wiggle past a defender and create something for himself/others, Hernandez is too reliant on being fed on a plate.
Wow a striker that needs to be fed the ball.

Devilton

classic case of the second season slump.

I'd love to get a striker like Llorente in the summer. He'd be an ideal foil for Rooney and Hernandez.

Carl

classic case of the second season slump.

I'd love to get a striker like Llorente in the summer. He'd be an ideal foil for Rooney and Hernandez.
I expect us to sign another striker but bringing in a big name won't happen. I wouldn't want too either. The future is Rooney and Welbeck.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
For the love of god I don't get why the out of form, can't score when served on a platter chicarito is out there when we have Berbatov on the bench.

Carl

For the love of god I don't get why the out of form, can't score when served on a platter chicarito is out there when we have Berbatov on the bench.
At least Chico's there too miss the chances. From the same balls into the box Berbatov would have still been stood somewhere near the halfway line admiring his last pass.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Were you a fan last year?

Devilton

I expect us to sign another striker but bringing in a big name won't happen. I wouldn't want too either. The future is Rooney and Welbeck.
Welbeck is still a few years from being a dominant striker.

If we're going to compete with the likes of City next year we better get another striker who can consistently get 20 goals a season and provide something Rooney can't - an Aerial threat.

Carl

Welbeck is still a few years from being a dominant striker.

If we're going to compete with the likes of City next year we better get another striker who can consistently get 20 goals a season and provide something Rooney can't - an Aerial threat.
Safe to say I don't agree with that. Signing a striker that's a bit more of an aerial threat wouldn't be a bad thing though. I just don't see it being an established star. We'll sign a young player.

Ash_G

Safe to say I don't agree with that. Signing a striker that's a bit more of an aerial threat wouldn't be a bad thing though. I just don't see it being an established star. We'll sign a young player.
Hope not unless they're proven quality. We need someone who can have an impact now. We need more players with experience but are also at their physical peaks.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I could see us making a move for Demba Ba if the release clause 'Arry told the world about is actually true.

Chicha's had a disappointing season with loss of form, injuries and the emergence of Welbeck reducing his playing time but he still scored some important goals. Hopefully he has a rest in the summer and stays injury free, I expect him to improve for next season.

Carl

I could see us making a move for Demba Ba if the release clause 'Arry told the world about is actually true.

Chicha's had a disappointing season with loss of form, injuries and the emergence of Welbeck reducing his playing time but he still scored some important goals. Hopefully he has a rest in the summer and stays injury free, I expect him to improve for next season.
I hope not. He's a good striker but he's really not great.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
He hasn't had a proper per season in about 2 years, he has looked jaded IMO, good rest over the summer and he will be back firing next season.

tintedsepia

Last season he would have scored at least 2 here! Hopefully he comes back fitter and raring to go next season.

Jacob

That's just the sort of striker he is. He's not a fabulous footballer and no-one is claiming he is.

Weird post Jacob.
It's not weird one bit, as far as we know, last season could've just been a purple patch. It is my humble and personal opinion that Hernandez is not good enough to be a regular at United. Granted he's a good finisher, but everytime he starts I feel our overall play suffers.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
If you combined Welbeck and Hernandez you'd have one phenomenal striker. Such frustrating players at times.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He's our second highest goalscorer you gimps with much less playing time than Welbeck.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He hasn't had a proper per season in about 2 years, he has looked jaded IMO, good rest over the summer and he will be back firing next season.
He's meant to be going to the Olympics with Mexico. He hasn't actually had a real break from football besides injury since the 2010 World Cup cos he played the Gold Cup for Mexico last summer too. He does need a break. But more than that he needs a confidence boost. He's quite clearly lost a little bit of his edge in front of goal. He actually appears to be displaying more confidence outside of the area than in it. e.g. when he shook off the pressure and laid it off to Valencia in the build up to the chance Rooney made for Young that Dyer intercepted. For a player like him that's really bad because ultimately he's not anything other than a '9'. He needs a few goals badly. He's clearly had his confidence undercut by Welbeck's emergence. If he could get back to where he was before he got his injury against Villa in the winter we'd be well set.

Bape

If you combined Welbeck and Hernandez you'd have one phenomenal striker. Such frustrating players at times.
So true. A good chance Welbeck will improve his goalscoring ability though but I can't see Hernandez developing his overall game significantly in the future. Great goalpoacher and option on the bench mind.

He's our second highest goalscorer you gimps with much less playing time than Welbeck.
That reassures me despite his overall performances throughout this season. Next year we expect him to work on his flaws and develop into a more complete striker. The main weakness is that first touch. It's letting him and us down far too often.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
His outside of the box play is staggeringly atrocious for a Man Utd striker. When his finishing isn't on, he brings close to nothing. I hope it's just that bullshit 2nd season syndrome.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Meh, that's to be expected of young players, both have shown the ability to play at this level. Hernandez just needs to work on the technical side of his game and he will be phenomenal, his movement in the box is first class, and you can't teach that. He's also got the pace and agility to be a brilliant goalscorer, just needs to work on his first touch which will come with training and practice.

Edmeiste

He's meant to be going to the Olympics with Mexico. He hasn't actually had a real break from football besides injury since the 2010 World Cup cos he played the Gold Cup for Mexico last summer too. He does need a break. But more than that he needs a confidence boost. He's quite clearly lost a little bit of his edge in front of goal. He actually appears to be displaying more confidence outside of the area than in it. e.g. when he shook off the pressure and laid it off to Valencia in the build up to the chance Rooney made for Young that Dyer intercepted. For a player like him that's really bad because ultimately he's not anything other than a '9'. He needs a few goals badly. He's clearly had his confidence undercut by Welbeck's emergence. If he could get back to where he was before he got his injury against Villa in the winter we'd be well set.
Well he needs rest. We all know what a proper preseason can do as well. He's shown flashes of what he can do at times this season outside of goalscoring but it's not been consistent enough. Just hope he gets the rest he needs and a proper preseason and he should be good to go.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I am loving people talking about his work out of the box not being up to it when it was about the only positives he had today.
Yeah he was better today granted but during his time here he's been woeful outside the box and deadly inside it. Is this enough for a Utd striker?? I doubt it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Just doesn't have that spark this year, nothing is sticking, even his first touch in the box is off. He needs a break and a proper pre-season under his belt, he'll be back firing.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He'll be much improved next season in my opinion. He hasn't even been that bad this year, but people have simply expected more from him in comparison to last year.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
He wont be much improved if he isn't starting games, which he wont if we have a fit Rooney and Welbeck plus a possible new signing or change in formation. Supersub might be a name he will learn to live with in the future.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He wont be much improved if he isn't starting games, which he wont if we have a fit Rooney and Welbeck plus a possible new signing or change in formation. Supersub might be a name he will learn to live with in the future.
Doubt it. Either he or United will make the decision to move on if he cant get games.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
It's a shame he's in the Olympics this summer - he could really do with a long rest after playing the last few summers internationally.

davisjw

Don't compare Welbeck and Hernandez. Their ages should indicate where they can be in 5 years. Welbeck is the better because his potential is so great.

MrK

If his dodgy form has been down to fatigue, why didn't we try giving him a couple of weeks off to go home and relax? We did have another striker ready to step in, after all.

Devil may care

There's not much point in buying another young striker, we already have 2 who are still developing, if we buy a striker it needs to be someone proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.