Javier Hernandez | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Had a great chance to finish off his hatrick from the spot, unusually for Hernandez his penalty was very saveable with the keeper diving the right way. He blasted the rebound off the bar. But he showed once again why he's such an outstanding poacher. This Mexico side is so negative and creates nothing through the middle. They finally put in one quality cross and Hernandez heads it home. Then, whilst being pushed around at a set piece, he frees himself with some space and heads another one home. And late in the game he's so alert to a ball in behind the defence that he positions himself in a way that makes him impossible to tackle without fouling and draws the penalty. His international record continues to be insane given how many "defensive" and "tough" players Mexico field. Even the former attacking talents like Guardado spent a season playing left back at Valencia. And yet still, eventually the ball comes into the box once or twice and he scores a couple of goals like its nothing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Just a great player to have. I don't think there's a better 3rd choice striker anywhere in the world who would be content to be back up to van Persie and Rooney but have his goal scoring record. His all around game has improved so much as well.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Just a great player to have. I don't think there's a better 3rd choice striker anywhere in the world who would be content to be back up to van Persie and Rooney but have his goal scoring record. His all around game has improved so much as well.
He's basically Ole in that respect, he'll never throw a strop about selection. Though Ole had more to his game.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
He will hate it of course, but he's a professional and will never moan in public about it. He very much reminds me of Ole, such a likeable character.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Had a great chance to finish off his hatrick from the spot, unusually for Hernandez his penalty was very saveable with the keeper diving the right way. He blasted the rebound off the bar. But he showed once again why he's such an outstanding poacher. This Mexico side is so negative and creates nothing through the middle. They finally put in one quality cross and Hernandez heads it home. Then, whilst being pushed around at a set piece, he frees himself with some space and heads another one home. And late in the game he's so alert to a ball in behind the defence that he positions himself in a way that makes him impossible to tackle without fouling and draws the penalty. His international record continues to be insane given how many "defensive" and "tough" players Mexico field. Even the former attacking talents like Guardado spent a season playing left back at Valencia. And yet still, eventually the ball comes into the box once or twice and he scores a couple of goals like its nothing.
This.

Its amazing that Mexico have Chicharito and yet do so little to create chances for him. He's a born predator and his chance conversation rate is ridiculous. If you put the ball into dangerous areas Javier Hernandez will score, sooner or later.

I haven't seen much of Mexico lately but, watching Mexico in this Confederations Cup I've concluded they can only have drawn so many games recently cos they don't do enough to exploit Chico's gifts.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I think 4-2-3-1 is a good formation to utilise a poacher if the 3 behind the striker are all-out attacking players. I think even having RvP part of that 3 with Hernandez at the top of the attack is an option, kind of like how RvP has often played for Holland. I think RvP is equally as good as creative player as he is a goalscorer. His ball retention and eye for a pass his very underrated. With 4-4-2, one striker is always going to play a little deeper, with one on the shoulder, so it's not wildly different to how we use him now. When Hernandez plays alongside RvP, Robin plays a little deeper than usual, though still being very effective.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
Thats not what I meant, I mean him getting playing time with one out and out striker.
I think he'll be ok, all of his competition for the role can actually play behind the main striker if nesssesary, I think its more a case of getting the CM behind both strikers in a 4-2-3-1 correct to allow a withdrawn striker to slot in just behind.

Phil

I bloody love this guy. That is all.

How the hell did he miss that penalty rebound though?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I wonder how he would fit full time into a team with Persie. A 4312 or a 433 with an inverted striker seem the obvious choices.
Carrick​
Cleverley Kagawa​
Rooney​
Persie Cheech​

jeff_goldblum

I'd be more inclined to go

--------Carrick---------
--Cleverley--Kagawa-----
----------------------------
----Persie---Rooney------
------Hernandez-------------

with the width coming from 2 wingbacks. Although I wouldn't feel comfortable with Carrick being the only defensively solid CM in that 3..

Brightonian

Having both him and RVP is nice though. If we just had RVP, then already we'd be worrying about where the goals will come from when he gets too old in a few seasons. If we just had Hernandez, we'd be worrying about the depth of our goalscoring resources. Instead, we can have both and know that Hernandez will still have his best years in him when RVP steps aside. Meanwhile, a goalscorer that reliable will always be assured of plenty of gametime one way or another.

In the meantime, what other club can boast the fastest-scoring striker in Premier League history as their second option? None, of course, 'cause we've got him.

Baxter

I bloody love this guy. That is all.

How the hell did he miss that penalty rebound though?
The only explanation was that he was actually trying to see if he could break the crossbar. :lol:

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
I wonder how he would fit full time into a team with Persie. A 4312 or a 433 with an inverted striker seem the obvious choices.
Carrick​
Cleverley Kagawa​
Rooney​
Persie Cheech​
Nothing about that line up is obvious, it looks mental

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Nothing about that line up is obvious, it looks mental
I just can't believe that we'll really play a 442 and put Cheech and Persie up front together.

Surely you have to play Persie up front, as possibly the best front man in the world. So if we play 4231 that leaves Cheech playing in the hole or on the wing, which would be a waste imho.

So that leaves the midfield diamond or the 433 with an inverted striker, as far as I know, as the formations used at the top level that allow both strikers to play up front and centrally (and employs a back 4).

We could try the old lopsided 424 that Brazil used to play, with Kagawa in the wide playmaker role.

------Carrick----------------
--------------Cleverley------
Nani-------------------------
--------------------Kagawa-
--Hernandez----------------
-------------Persie----------

We used to play something similar Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney, at least I think so.

------------Carrick--------
---Scholes-----------------
---------------------Giggs-
Ronaldo-------------------
---------------Tevez-------
---------Rooney-----------

MoneyMay

No, you don't have to play Van Persie as the lone striker. He's actually looked very good playing behind Hernandez, which makes sense because Hernandez doesn't possess the technical traits to play in this role.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
No, you don't have to play Van Persie as the lone striker. He's actually looked very good playing behind Hernandez, which makes sense because Hernandez doesn't possess the technical traits to play in this role.
No, you don't, but I think it would be a real shame to play Persie anywhere but up front. It would be twice as surprising as when SAF moved Rooney back to play Welbeck up top.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Did he bomb a hatty for Mexico?
Won and then missed a penalty for his hatrick, I believe. Scored all 3 of Mexico's goals in the tournament though.
Yep, he won the pen with a run through the centre and the defender took him down.

He hit the penalty to the keepers bottom right, the keeper saved as the power was quite low. The rebound came out and he absolutely leathered the ball with his left leg, which ended up smashing the crossbar and went flying out the box :lol: he looked so pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.