Javier Hernandez | 2015/16 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez #14

Noticed Chica didn't have a thread... So.

What We Know:

• Van Gaal confirmed he's Rooney's backup
• Agent Confirmed 'Hernandez see's role for himself at United'
• Registered for all Competitions
• On the bench against Tottenham

Under Sir Alex (2010-2013) Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez was the most lethal marksman in Premier League history, averaging a goal every 118 minutes of football in England's top-flight.

Chicharito Last Season for Madrid:

Personally I'm glad to have him back, realistically I think he'll get his first taste against Brugge.

(Unless he gets sold)

Last edited:

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
With no other strikers besides Wilson, there is no reason why he can't come off the bench and help but the way we play, I'm not going to be expecting much from him this season unfortunately.

Geordopolous

Chicharito is back! :D he's going to have a great season I think and will bring speed, movement, urgency and goals. Most deadly Mexican since Gustavo Fring

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I'd start him against brugge and against Newcastle if he does OK. Rooney was shit against Spurs and much worse tonight.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Given the way Rooney played up top it can't be long before Chico gets a run out. Wouldn't shock me if he scores on his first appearance for United this season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
The only difference he would bring over Rooney is energy, which is actually a plus at the moment. Either way, I would not put much hope in him, but I believe he should get a chance right now.

Even if he runs around like a headless chicken, that would already be much better than Rooney's performance for us so far.

Bwuk

He's not good enough to be our main striker, but I'd play him against Brugge and hope it gets Rooneys finger out his arse.

jem

If Rooney maintains his current dire form, and we don't pick up another striker, I wouldn't mind seeing Hernandez get a few games. He was good enough to start for us in the business end of the 2010-11 season, a year in which we were champions, so I don't think it's inconceivable that he can contribute to this current United set-up.

Devil may care

I was hoping he'd get the last 20 minutes last night. He's not the answer overall but he will do a better job of actually staying pressed up on the CB's and not keep dropping deep into the #10's space.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If Rooney maintains his current dire form, and we don't pick up another striker, I wouldn't mind seeing Hernandez get a few games. He was good enough to start for us in the business end of the 2010-11 season, a year in which we were champions, so I don't think it's inconceivable that he can contribute to this current United set-up.
Hernandez has had one bad season in his top flight career, and that was the season under Moyes where everyone was garbage. I have complete confidence that if Van Gaal plays him up top for us he will score goals.

In 2010/11 he pretty much won us the title and was vital to us getting to the European Cup final. In 2012/13 he outscored Rooney. Along the way he has scored some genuinely vital goals, in big games, especially against Chelsea and Liverpool. One chance, like Ole, all the lad needs is one chance.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It all went pear shaped when we brought RvP. Previously he was second choice and could be guaranteed to get minutes, but then we had Rooney and RvP so he slipped even further down the pecking order. If he's our second striker, which looks likely at this point in time, I would fancy him doing well. LvG really needs to show some faith in him though. Hopefully he comes on against Brugge and scores and we settle the tie in the first leg so he can start in the second.

FromTheBench

Seems west ham going after yilmaz now so we probably refused their overtures for cheech.

FromTheBench

Quite lively when he came on today.

Even his touch was on today and consistent.

DarkXaero

Good cameo today. His touch looks improved and he did well on the ball. I wouldn't mind it at all to see him start in place of Rooney.

Anustart89

Really impressed with him today. Hold-up play, link-up play and runs in behind.

mu77

better touch , would have had him on for rooney earlier.

El Zoido

Good to see him again. Surprised to see him looking noticeably older, I thought he'd be like Ole.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
His touch was miles better than anything Rooney's showed thus far.

Good movement in behind their defence as well. Enthusiastic.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If there's 1 person I could have in an impossible situation, it would be him. I love his never give up attitude.

Smores

Really wanted him to score, think he needs a dose of the redemption Fellaini enjoyed.

He either looked really determined or angry not sure which but it was a change from his smiley self :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Thought he was very positive tonight when he came on. First touch and movement were both very sharp.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I missed him. Hopefully van Gaal gives him proper game time and a chance to make an impact like we all know he can. Can be a brilliant super sub and that second striker we need.

steeeb

Came on against a tired team but he made a good contribution. I hope he gets more minutes and can do something. I can only see him coming on as a sub until we actually rotate - hopefully then he can have a good game.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He did pretty well I thought. Promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.