Javier Hernandez | 2015/16 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
I never thought I'd see him play in a United shirt again, welcome back Hernandez! Here's hoping he can do what Falcao couldn't for us.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Like Fellaini, he really wanted it when it came on, and just the fact that he was actually moving around with purpose and desire was refreshing.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Delighted to see him back; hope he gets more time in the upcoming games and has a good season.

Riz

He did look pretty hungry and sharp, I think he deserves either a start with Rooney in #10 (we all know he won't be benched) or more time to come on as a substitute. We get into good positions to put balls in the box with Darmian and especially Shaw and there aren't many better than Chicharito to get on the end of them.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We never should have let him go last season really, would have been better off keeping him instead of getting falcao or even better then what RvP did most likely. His pace and movement in behind is a great bonus to have.

kidbob

Holy shit I just love seeing him here in a United shirt again. Warms the heart. Just having his enthusiasm back after watching Di Maria and the likes last season is great. Here's hoping he'll get the chances to impress and he'll get back to scoring for fun again.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Delighted to see him back too. Delighted, also, that his first touch seems to have improved. With Rooney failing to impress so far, we might be seeing plenty of this guy this season. Hopefully he shows his worth.

Charlie Foley

Very nice little cameo. His touch was good, his energy was excellent. Looks sharp.

Red Stone

Realistically Rooney should be third in the pecking order up front. At this point both Hernandez and Fellaini are better strikers, depending on what kind of game we want to play.

Today's game also made me realize that we aren't so much in dire need of another striker as we are in dire need of growing the balls to drop Rooney when he deserves to be dropped. Bringing in a world class forward would be great, but Fellaini and Chicharito are decent options that deserve a fair shot, even if they don't whip the transfer muppets into a frenzy.

Manny

Grammar Police
Maybe I've been watching Rooney for too long but I was impressed by some Chicharitos touches.

Hernandez actually looked like a good footballer, to the point where I saw him get the ball out wide and I didn't expect him to feck it up like he would have in the past. Fancy that.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah he looked sharp. He didn't seem too happy to come on though. Or maybe I was just distracted by his hair and have made this up.

Shimo

He was up for it and think must have really loved the reception he got. His tenacity is what led to the red and he definitely was giving their defense something else to think about. Think if LVG shows some confidence in him, he'll bang in 10-12 goals this season for us minimum.

dsch

Yeah he looked sharp. He didn't seem too happy to come on though. Or maybe I was just distracted by his hair and have made this up.
His hair was looking good. He looks just less baby-ish than I remember. A year in Madrid must have helped, or maybe Ronnie lent him his hairdresser.

Devil may care

Looked lively, showed a good and confident touch and held the #9 line better than Rooney.

suheilsworld

With a system we shall be playing, he can really be our no.2 and the way Rooney is currently playing, I do not mind seeing him get some game time. With intelligent players like Depay, Mata and hopefully Pedro behind him, he will get good opportunities. He might have a Fellaini-Young (from last season) transformation this season.

kiristao

He definitely looked better than Rooney. His movement seems to have improved and his link up play as well; something I noticed the few times I watched him play for Real last season. I hope he starts the away game as I dont see LVG dropping Rooney for the game this weekend.

Parma Dewol

Holy shit I just love seeing him here in a United shirt again. Warms the heart. Just having his enthusiasm back after watching Di Maria and the likes last season is great. Here's hoping he'll get the chances to impress and he'll get back to scoring for fun again.
Couldn't agree with you more. He got a great reception when he came on and was full of running. His enthusiasm is infectious and I hope he gets more playing time this season, he could easily grab 10+ goals if used effectively.

SoCross

His shirt looked too big on him. Not sure about the hair too.

Ferguson

Not only did he look good, but Rooney looked happy to play behind him and get on the ball after he came on.

He gives Van Gaal a different option up front especially if we face a side that tries to play a high line against us.

VanGaalEra

Got a great reception when he came on, must have lifted him even more.

So glad he's back.

Ferguson

I think his contract expires at the end of this season.

I expect he will be looking for a club where he can start regularly after that.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
No more than Fellaini, Hernandez looked like a lad that was chomping at the bit on the sideline right before he came on. He looked like he was out to try prove a point and from the little time he had to do it I think he did a fairly good job.

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Just played like the usual Hernandez. Which isn't bad, I honesty think him and Rooney could have(had) a great partnership

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
Really feel like the lad could get the magical 20 odd goals a season if given a stretch of games as the starting number 9. He is generally limited aesthetically but his movement, anticipation, and finishing is up there with the very best.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
More of a threat than Rooney in behind, deserves a chance thats for sure. Especially so if we aren't getting anyone else for that central strikers role.

fallengt

Told you @Dobba
i watched few of his games as Madrid player & national team player last year and was sunrised as well. His first touch has improved. not Messi or Suarez' level but certainly he doesn't look like a pub player anymore.

If we don't sign any striker this season, Fellaini and Chicharito could be our secret weapons.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not surprising that's he looked lively. He did very well for Madrid last season. I wouldn't mind him featuring a fair bit this season if he performs at that level. Could provide us something Rooney right now isn't.

Raw

I really want to see him play more. I would love it if he returned to his debut season form.

quackattack

Delighted to see him back too. Delighted, also, that his first touch seems to have improved. With Rooney failing to impress so far, we might be seeing plenty of this guy this season. Hopefully he shows his worth.
I am afraid you are mistaken. LVS will most likely never bench Rooney. However, it would be bonkers not to play Chicha more often, but who am I to lash out on the boss (at least this early in the season).

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
I am afraid you are mistaken. LVS will most likely never bench Rooney. However, it would be bonkers not to play Chicha more often, but who am I to lash out on the boss (at least this early in the season).
LVG has a job to do. I understand Rooney is captain and LVG has admitted this gives him a privileged position, so he is less likely to be dropped, but I'd have to believe, if Rooney continues to play well below par, he is droppable.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Not only did he look good, but Rooney looked happy to play behind him and get on the ball after he came on.

He gives Van Gaal a different option up front especially if we face a side that tries to play a high line against us.
Yep. Instantly reminded me of how we looked in the second half in 10/11, when we made it to the champions league final. Hernandez with his pace pushing defenders back, giving Rooney space to get on the ball and run into space and drive the team forward. With Memphis on the left as well, and Mata on the right, some great quality as well. I hope Van Gaal gives him a fair chance because I think he can definitely have a big impact on our season like he did under Fergie all those times. It's not like pushing Rooney to #10 keeps somebody out either, that spot is there for the taking and IMO it's between Herrera, Januzaj, Pereira, Fellaini and Hernandez to make that last spot in the team their own, and force us to play slightly different systems, whether it's a proper #10 like Januzaj/Pereira, 3 midfielders like Herrera, a target man like Fellaini or a pacier striker like Hernandez.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
Mata Rooney Memphis
Hernandez​

Let's make it happen. May as well give it a go. Will certainly give Rooney the space he needs to thrive. Plus with Memphis starting to look threatening, defenders will feel that he's more of a danger man than Rooney which will give even more room for the latter.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He seemed "well-rounded", looked like he added something to his game at Real. He cant be much worse than Rooney, so why not give him a try

Status
Not open for further replies.