Javier Hernandez | 2015/16 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

I agree. Just give him a chance as I've said. Needs some match play and think he will link up well with Mata.
Really happy with it. He had his back to goal, didn't dwell on the ball, was able to play some first touch football. Rooney would stay on the ball way too long, and that's why bugs me most about him. He's often flat footed, relies on his physical frame instead of thinking a little quicker. Chica just worked, plain and simple. Whether or not Rooney is a better player is beside the point; at present, Chica is a very viable and worthy alternative to Rooney.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Shame he didn't score. Did well to get it out of his free and shoot, Krul reacted excellently. Statistically had we given Hernandez three chances in that game he'd have scored. Sad the other chances didn't come from our boring approach.

Water Melon

Chicha has done much much better than Wayne today. It was one hell of a save by Krull, but at least Chicha did burst into the area and did take a shot.

goin4glory

the trouble is that Hernandez is a bit average
We are capable of dominating possession regardless of who are forward is and what our link up players need is a striker with pace/movement which he has in abundance. The side doesn't need a striker who wants to be a 10 or who always needs the ball into feet. The threat of Hernandez running in behind takes advantage of Mata's passing range and creates more space for our support players like Memphis/Adnan. His raw attributes alone merit a start in the current set up.

wr8_utd

:'(
I'd start him over Rooney next game. His touch has improved, he has some speed and is more active than Rooney.

Ash_G

Do my eyes deceive me, or has the year at Madrid done wonders for his interplay, first touch and control? the ball doesn't bounce off him anymore.
Yeah he seems a lot more confident on the ball. Personally think we should try him up top for a game, even if he doesn't get a goal his willingness to run in behind opens up space.

Devil may care

Buzzed around, looked sharp, moved it quickly and got a half chance that was met with some good keeping from Krul.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I hope LvG won't ignore the energy Hernandez provided but I have a feeling he only sees the missed chance.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Hernandez has to play I think. Rooney in this form and Adnan are not going to score enough goals. Unlucky with the chance he had but in the two games he's come on and looked sharp.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
If I were LVG I would give him a start on Wednesday. Just needs to play more to get more clinical in front of goal. He definitely gives us more in the last two appearances he's made. Shame he couldn't score today.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I want to see him start. He actually tried to speed up our passing with quick one-twos and was unlucky not to score.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually think he and Fellaini together would be a good combo tbh.

Walters_19_MuFc

He looks like he's really improved his overall game. When he come on, he didn't play on the last man, he dropped quite a lot and got involved in our build up play, which suggests to me that Van Gaal doesn't mind his striker dropping, just as long as someone goes in behind when he does.

Actually, there was a prime example of that when he dropped off, and Rooney ran in behind, which resulted in a Rooney volley. Unfortunately, the shot was blocked, but I guess that's what Van Gaal wants to see. When Rooney dropped off, we didn't have anyone to run in behind.

RedIke

Love this kid. His movement always presents opposing defenders with a huge headache. Thought he took his chance well, but was just upstaged by Krul. I would gladly start him where Wazza is at and put Wazza in the 10 spot.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He looked lively when he came on and was a part of the urgency which was evident at the end of the game from you but has no excuses for missing his chance. He had time to quickly flick it to his right if he wanted to or loft it rather than what he did.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I think everyone forgot how good a player Hernandez actually is over the last year. Should be coming into his peak now too.

facund

Linked up well, looked lively in the box and reacted incredibly well just to make a chance out of the situation. Decent finish as well but Krul pulled off a good save.

He keeps the CBs on their toes and that alone makes him worthy of consideration for a starting place based on the options we have.

Roboc7

He should start next game, Rooney as striker isn't working and he is our only other option.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree with starting him next game, but as long as Rooney is around, I can't see it happening unfortunately.

diarm

Not really sure why the clamour for Hernandez to start the next game?

As a sub striker who feels he should be starting, you have to be putting away the chance that fell to him today. At this level, you get a chance and you have to take it.

khoazany

Love this kid. His movement always presents opposing defenders with a huge headache. Thought he took his chance well, but was just upstaged by Krul. I would gladly start him where Wazza is at and put Wazza in the 10 spot.
He's 27.

Mali_Zeus

As a sub striker who feels he should be starting, you have to be putting away the chance that fell to him today. At this level, you get a chance and you have to take it.
Exactly cause he got into that chance. Played like a CF, didn't wandered around but waited for his chance or even half chance to score. Sure he missed, Krul made a nice save but nevertheless you expect your CF to be on the end of those deflected balls.

diarm

Exactly cause he got into that chance. Played like a CF, didn't wandered around but waited for his chance or even half chance to score. Sure he missed, Krul made a nice save but nevertheless you expect your CF to be on the end of those deflected balls.
Ok that's fair enough. Rooneys refusal to be disciplined in his position is an issue. I'm not convinced Hernandez is the answer though. Krul had gone down quite early and with the time he had, a true finisher lifts that over his leg.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Was unlucky not to score today, had what was probably the best chance of the match where Krul made an excellent save. Not convinced he's shown enough to get a start in the next game, though.

Mali_Zeus

Ok that's fair enough. Rooneys refusal to be disciplined in his position is an issue. I'm not convinced Hernandez is the answer though. Krul had gone down quite early and with the time he had, a true finisher lifts that over his leg.
Well I don't know if he's a answer but we should try it. Many wont agree but I wouldn't even be against Rooney at nr. 10 with Chicharito up front. He's a predator, he could score from half a chance and he's always somewhere in the dangerous area. As I said he plays like a proper CF.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Really? The worst part about Rooney this season has been his overall play - he's looked incredibly lethargic and sluggish a lot of the times, which is why we've largely been hoping that he can at least score some goals up front. I don't think Rooney's anywhere near good enough at the moment to be a provider/playmaker, or whatever we want him to be, in the number 10 role. If we're playing Hernandez, I think it'd make more sense to just drop Rooney for him.

Red Stone

Was unlucky not to score today, had what was probably the best chance of the match where Krul made an excellent save. Not convinced he's shown enough to get a start in the next game, though.
He has if Rooney is the benchmark.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think everyone forgot how good a player Hernandez actually is over the last year. Should be coming into his peak now too.
Its like because of the Moyes reign everyone just thought he was a shite player all of a sudden and forgot all the things he can offer us. His work rate, off the ball movement and generally his physical attributes like pace and his leap should have him getting loads of games. Really hope he starts the next game because these 2 sub appearances have been really encouraging from him IMO. Just needs faith put into him and he'll start putting away those chances again.

wiz4231

Please don't say that word around here, we already have a player who supposedly has and it ain't good. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Really hope he sticks around, his reflexes in the box will be invaluable. He's good enough to get plenty of minutes.

mufcwarm92

Please don't say that word around here, we already have a player who supposedly has and it ain't good. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.
It is a bit of a poisoned chalice because it assumes consistency. If your game drops for one game, you're 'past it'.

ThanksBoss26

I would be interested to see how he does from the start. I don't think this system suits strikers who don't have that sharpness about their games; van Persie, Falcao and now Rooney all look a yard off it.

Hernandez's pace and movement might be useful in this respect.

However, I still wouldn't be overly surprised to see him move on if we sign a striker in the next eight days, though I think it would make more sense to loan Wilson out to go and play 40 odd games in the Championship if that was the case.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Don't know why he didn't dink it over Krul though I suppose it all happened so quickly.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples

That's fair, provided the striker keeping him out of the team is going the business. That isn't the case though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Don't know why he didn't dink it over Krul though I suppose it all happened so quickly.
Going away from goal, on his weaker foot, at speed, with two defenders behind him, I think he did the right thing just getting the shot off quickly. If I have any criticism its that he needed to leather it, but even so Krul reacted really fast to close the angle and get down to the ball.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Happened very quickly. Was on his weaker foot too.

It's not like he's missed the target or hit it at Krul. He forced a very good save from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.