Javier Hernandez | 2015/16 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mali_Zeus

Watch him score a goal in a game or 2 and suddenly he'll be happy to be with us, all smiles and good enough for 2nd choice striker.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I believe that defences had grown used to him and his lack of talent is being exposed time and time again
Devilish I think you couldn't be more wrong. How can defences get used to someone with great movement. Plus there is a lot of new players playing since he last played!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Devilish I think you couldn't be more wrong. How can defences get used to someone with great movement. Plus there is a lot of new players playing since he last played!
Great movement means little if one cannot control the ball and exploit/ create pockets of space he has/needs. The epl defenses are getting better each season and it's getting difficult for strikers to be effective especially when playing with big clubs. I cant see him succeed where the likes of Rooney, rvp and co had struggled

devilish

His misses today have nothing to do with defenses learning him. He was alone in front of goal.

If he stays (which I hope is going to happen), he will give us few important goals. He is not done yet even though he looks different from Hernandez of 2011.
It shows lack of confidence and increase in frustration. Hernandes has been in decline for years and a change of air hasn't help. Unfortunately with defenses getting meaner the likes of him who can only outpace the defender are becoming rare. No wonder why you barely see any goal poachers at top level anymore

Fahad Jawaid

I feel his head isn't here and he probably doesn't want to be here. I didn't watch him much at madrid but against Atletico i saw him in the CPL, and he was absolutely buzzing he kept trying the whole match, and tbf he did miss one or two great chances, but he kept trying and eventually he scored. Yesterday, i felt he just stopped trying which isn't something you can say about Hernandez. I hope he finds his form soon because we are going to need every Striker we have and their goals due to lack of striking options.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It shows lack of confidence and increase in frustration. Hernandes has been in decline for years and a change of air hasn't help. Unfortunately with defenses getting meaner the likes of him who can only outpace the defender are becoming rare. No wonder why you barely see any goal poachers at top level anymore
That's the harsh reality he faces. One-dimensional goal poachers like him just don't belong in the modern game. He could still be a great option off the bench but he seems to be a real confidence player and being marginalised seems to have messed with his head and affected his performances. He's not even poaching goals like he used to. Which is a problem, for him and for United.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Has to be his last game for the club, surely.

I felt for him last night though, the little fella was so desperate to impress but it just wasn't to be. It'd be best for both parties to go our separate ways.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think Van Gaal was very generous towards him in his post game comments. Maybe he was in a good mood because we won, but Van Gaal seemed keen to laugh of Chico's slip. Unusual because the boss has blasted players after having good games, and the consensus is Chico was bad.

I only saw the highlights so I can't comment much. Still, even if he misses the penalty he's got to score from Young's cross. A toe poke puts that in.

You can see how badly the other players want him to score. It's almost a Forlan situation where everyone loves him and wants him to succeed. Hope he can score soon though, for his sake.

Litch

Been in more positions to score than Falcao did most of last season. Great for coming off the bench and maybe needs games in the 21's to get his sharpness back.

Drifter

American
Can't hide that he had a stinker. Still have faith in him though but not sure LVG does anymore.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Rio was right by saying after the game that even if he misses chances i.e the penalty, he still is very persistent and gets himself to the right positions. It's a great asset to have.

Was a bit shit with his finishing last night but he'll need a goal to get him going like Rooney. Seems a little short of confidence.

devilish

That's the harsh reality he faces. One-dimensional goal poachers like him just don't belong in the modern game. He could still be a great option off the bench but he seems to be a real confidence player and being marginalised seems to have messed with his head and affected his performances. He's not even poaching goals like he used to. Which is a problem, for him and for United.
If only it was possible to merge Welbeck and Chicarito. We would have a decent alternative to Rooney

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He does not look like a happy man. Looks very depressed, I wish the best for him.
That's what I though yesterday too. He will be best sold to a club that will play him and he might enjoy his football again which he seems not to be doing right now. Could even be a mid-table side.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
That's what I though yesterday too. He will be best sold to a club that will play him and he might enjoy his football again which he seems not to be doing right now. Could even be a mid-table side.
Its what he should have done last season, but instead went to Madrid on loan. He has no one to blame but himself in that respect.

Sarni

Its what he should have done last season, but instead went to Madrid on loan. He has no one to blame but himself in that respect.
To be fair an offer from Real Madrid has to be difficult to turn down.

The Mitcher

To be fair an offer from Real Madrid has to be difficult to turn down.
Well then he can't think logically for his own career. He left for game time and then went to another team where he'd be a bench player, its not an excuse.

Sarni

Well then he can't think logically for his own career. He left for game time and then went to another team where he'd be a bench player, its not an excuse.
But it was the best team in Europe and he was second choice there behind Benzema as opposed to fourth behind Rooney, van Persie and Falcao here.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
But it was the best team in Europe and he was second choice there behind Benzema as opposed to fourth behind Rooney, van Persie and Falcao here.
Fair to say he would have seen more game time under a different manager. Carlos ran that first team into the ground and it showed at the latter end of the season.

The Mitcher

The best team in Europe that came 3rd in their league, I have never seen the champions league as the barometer of the best team in Europe. But I digress. He still didn't play as much, because of the lack of rotation. Even then players like Jese would have been higher up the pecking order.

Kant-ona

"Kicker", the most important german newspaper when it comes to Football, reports, that Hernandez is off to Leverkusen. (They are not talking about rumours but maintain that it is a done deal.)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Leverkusen? Is it nailed on that he'll be above Kiessling in the pecking order?

Status
Not open for further replies.