Javier Hernandez | 2015/16 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He needs a Fergie to help him get his confidence back. When you have no confidence you force things (happens in every sport), and that's where he's at right now. Frustrating, but needs games.
If I were him I would ask to play with the reserves, just to get those nerves out.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Yeah no biggie though a shame he didn't lift his head up after the peno. Hasn't the confidence by the look of it.

Would be great to see Wilson or Lingard get more game time though. Ideally he would move but we would clearly have to bring someone in. He is a good player but not ideal for him to be with us now.

Djemba-Djemba

His finishing was deteriorating before he left, I remember a few missed sitters towards the end of his first spell here and then he missed a few more at the World Cup. He doesn't look much better going off the last few games.

If he's not scoring he adds nothing.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I think he needs to move on for his own good. To a club that will give him much more game time than the likes of us or Madrid.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's been shit for two years and looks to be carrying it on for a third. Get rid.

Ixion

Missed a great chance on Saturday and should have had two tonight, I think it might make Van Gaal reconsider his transfer plans.

Patchbeard

He's just rubbish on the ball and always has been. His movement is so good he could probably also make a career in handball, even if he's as bad at throwing as he is at shooting.

snk123

So thats three open chances in the last two games, and he's missed them all. Need to offload him asap.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Spent too much time with Ramos, not only very alike penalty taking technique but he looks like a fecking guido now too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I don't agree that it's likely we'll leave. If we don't add anyone new, it'll be useful to still have him. Terrible game for him today, but I do think he can turn it around and hopefully score a few goals for us over the course of the season.

The_Red_Hope

Seems to have lost the joy in his game. Everything seems labored right now. His build up has definitely improved, just needs a few goals under his belt and get his mojo back.

Art Vandelay

He needs games to get back to his best, but he's not going to get them here unfortunately. We should really sell him if we aren't going to play him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
He isn't going anywhere unless we bring in a new striker.

There's absolutely no chance the club will play a season with rooney and Wilson as our only proper strikers.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
After he missed the penalty;

Looks pretty damning when put with this post from the pre-match thread on reddit:

According to Korean commentators it's Giggs, and not LVG, that has been recommending Chicharito and trying to get him playtime. First time I've ever heard this, anyone know more?

No idea if this is true at all, but it seems to add up.

EDIT: just realised there's a whole thread on this :lol:

NessunDorma

This time last week people said he deserved to be starting ahead of Rooney after a half-decent cameo against Brugge.

Now he should be on the first plane out of Manchester.

Some people really do take 'You're only as good as your last game' to the extreme.

If we keep him, we know exactly what we'll be getting: a quick, lively, energetic striker with a knack for scoring goals off the bench. The same old Hernandez, basically.

If he's prepared to play that role, then it's great to have him here, and he'll win us more than a few points over the season.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sadly won't be going anywhere given our lack of attacking reserves.

But I think he has gone off the club - he is not happy to be there and is paranoid about LVGs lack of faith in him.

RedRover

Hopeless tonight and clearly unhappy and horribly out of form.

In general though he just doesn't offer enough. Can't lead the line or link up play. He's only here because we couldnt sign whoever else we wanted when RVP and Falcao were shipped out.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
None of this makes him a bad player. Not having that. But if LVG doesn't fancy him he would be better off elsewhere and we should be in for Berahino.

facund

A poor game tonight, nothing more to it than that as he looked lively in his previous brief appearances.

Skywarden

As much as we like him, we really do, but he has to slot those chances in to boost his confidence and show LVG that he can be counted on. After today's game, I wouldn't be surprised if we see another forward coming in.

Mali_Zeus

This time last week people said he deserved to be starting ahead of Rooney after a half-decent cameo against Brugge.

Now he should be on the first plane out of Manchester.

Some people really do take 'You're only as good as your last game' to the extreme.

If we keep him, we know exactly what we'll be getting: a quick, lively, energetic striker with a knack for scoring goals off the bench. The same old Hernandez, basically.

If he's prepared to play that role, then it's great to have him here, and he'll win us more than a few points over the season.
This. It's always black or white. He looked lively in previous games, one bad game and he's unhappy and doesn't want to be with us.

Darwin09

Theory of Thread Pollution
C'mon it was a bad day, nothing more. The penalty was a shame and the missed chance was one of those fizzed crosses that are difficult to keep down - Memphis missed an arguably easier one last week.

Frankly he's a proven goalscorer on every level. Despite a lack of playing time he pretty much scored every time he played for Madrid. He's scored dozens of goals for us over the past few seasons. Whether or not he's worth keeping shouldn't be based on today's peformance - it should simply be based on whether we need this type of player. Right now given our lack of options, I say we absolutely do. He'll score many more than he'll miss.

Shark

@NotShark
Some are being overly harsh in this thread IMO. He had a bad night, just as Rooney has had a bad time leading up to this game. Now is not the time to be bring out the pitchforks, he may be our only option next to Rooney for the season. He needs support.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Most know he made a mistake going Madrid. That put a bit of distance between him and United supporters. Not concerned. You get games like that but get them when you're winning handsomely.

MarkC

I still have confidence in him. You don't lose the knack of goalscoring he has. Like Rooney needs confidence in himself. I thought it was great management to get him on at a time when we would get chances to try and get him of the mark.

ThanksBoss26

His positioning is still pretty good.
It is, you're right. His movement is fine, just seems to have lost his confidence at the club.

I'm still not convinced he'll be here this time next week. Of course he will if we don't sign another striker, but still think there's a chance we will and he'll be off.

Parma Dewol

Didn't think he was terrible myself, just unlucky. His movement was really good and he showed some good link-up play. Slipped and missed the penalty - unfortunate but did send the keeper the wrong way. Would have been a good pen had he not lost his footing. The second chance was the big miss, did really well to get into that position but should have scored.

Nonetheless, looked a threat when Brugge had given up the ghost. Shows good pace and his running in behind gets defenders backtracking. Still think he could play a key role for us this season and hope he continues to get game time.

Moriarty

A poor game tonight, nothing more to it than that as he looked lively in his previous brief appearances.
Bad luck with the penalty and the chance at the end wasn't as easy at it looked. The ball flew in a pace and those things can end up anywhere. He looked like a player bereft of confidence but that can be cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.