Javier Hernandez | Sevilla player

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He'll score goals wherever he goes. Surprised he's ended up somewhere as shit as West Ham.
True. He's PL proven when with us. You'd think the like of Arsenal or Everton would be interested.

shield

He has started scoring. Will be a brilliant signing for them. Don't think Mourinho would have sold him or Welbeck.

Last edited:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Hope he keeps scoring and has a good season with West Ham so maybe another team can pick him up in order for him to not end up in MLS.

Nick7

He's been as bad as Zlatan has this season without the excuse of a bad injury. No thanks, limited striker we don't need.

Luke1995

West Ham is a poor team in terms of squad depth. Of course he has. Put him in a half decent team like Leverkusen and he'll score 20 goals a season.

Oaencha

He's been as bad as Zlatan has this season without the excuse of a bad injury. No thanks, limited striker we don't need.
He’s also been stuck up front with Andy Carroll and is being used terribly.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Some United fans need to let go this obsession with getting Hernandez back.

You moan about Lukaku's all-round game yet want to buy back one of the most one-dimensional, limited strikers in top-level world football. Sound logic there.

Luke1995

You moan about Lukaku's all-round game yet want to buy back one of the most one-dimensional, limited strikers in top-level world football. Sound logic there.
Alot of United fans love Hernandez, myself included, he was always with a smile on the face while here and had some great moments on the pitch too, I reckon he will never be world class but to think that he offers nothing is wrong.

RedDevil@84

Well, if he is available for peanuts and is ready to play a bench role and play occasionally, it wouldn't hurt to have him as a back up plan. I believe he could finish if the team creates something for him.
I think the bolded part is OTT

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Can't believe there are people who still want him back. He started to look very limited in Fergie's last season, was exposed as such in the Moyes season, had a crap loan at Real Madrid the season after, started well at Leverkusen but was nowhere near as effective in his second season there, and has been pretty crap for West Ham.

There's excuse after excuse made for him, when the fact of the matter is that he was a player with good acceleration (albeit not a particularly rapid top speed) that had a knack for being the in right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net, that flourished in a team and system that created a lot of chances in the area. He failed to make an impact under Moyes, didn't impress van Gaal at all, was shipped out by Leverkusen and is now being binned by West Ham after half a season. What on earth is giving people the impression that he's up to the required standard to play for Manchester United?

People moan like hell about rumoured transfer targets potentially taking minutes away from youngsters that could be promoted instead, and now they want us to sign an out-of-form, out-of-favour 29-year-old who's been deemed surplus to requirements by a relegation scrapping West Ham side after less than 6 months at the club just so he can sit on the bench, in the off chance he recovers his form from over five years ago.

He seems a nice guy and had a good few seasons with us, but he's clearly not good enough to play for United.

RedDevil@84

Can't believe there are people who still want him back. He started to look very limited in Fergie's last season, was exposed as such in the Moyes season, had a crap loan at Real Madrid the season after, started well at Leverkusen but was nowhere near as effective in his second season there, and has been pretty crap for West Ham.

There's excuse after excuse made for him, when the fact of the matter is that he was a player with good acceleration (albeit not a particularly rapid top speed) that had a knack for being the in right place at the right time to stick the ball in the net, that flourished in a team and system that created a lot of chances in the area. He failed to make an impact under Moyes, didn't impress van Gaal at all, was shipped out by Leverkusen and is now being binned by West Ham after half a season. What on earth is giving people the impression that he's up to the required standard to play for Manchester United?

People moan like hell about rumoured transfer targets potentially taking minutes away from youngsters that could be promoted instead, and now they want us to sign an out-of-form, out-of-favour 29-year-old who's been deemed surplus to requirements by a relegation scrapping West Ham side after less than 6 months at the club just so he can sit on the bench, in the off chance he recovers his form from over five years ago.

He seems a nice guy and had a good few seasons with us, but he's clearly not good enough to play for United.
Yes, people are biased towards players they like. Like lot of fans still think Bale and Shaw are awesome and every time they play ok-ish games here and there, keep saying "He is back and showing the world"

Bojan11

Alot of United fans love Hernandez, myself included, he was always with a smile on the face while here and had some great moments on the pitch too, I reckon he will never be world class but to think that he offers nothing is wrong.
Smile on his face? So what? I’d have a smile on my face too if I played for the one of the biggest clubs in the world.

He sure had a smile on his face after Fergie left. Easy having it when Fergie is around. But once he leaves he starts acting like a bitch on social media.

I’d rather play Martial or Rashford up front if Lukaku is not around.

Massively overrated player. Says it all when he was on the market last summer and West Ham were the only club interested.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
There is a weird obsession with some fans that Hernandez could still do a job for United, just like with Nani and Rafael. It's like their faltering careers after leaving United doesn't point to something.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
There is a weird obsession with some fans that Hernandez could still do a job for United, just like with Nani and Rafael. It's like their faltering careers after leaving United doesn't point to something.
We'd be lining up with those 3 and Evra at LB if it was up to some people.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yeah always liked him but would be daft to take him back.

Luke1995

We'd be lining up with those 3 and Evra at LB if it was up to some people.
Well, Evra would be an upgrade on Darmian and doesn't get as injured as Shaw. Is he that far removed off his prime ? He is without a club now, maybe it's worth a gamble

Nick7

Well, Evra would be an upgrade on Darmian and doesn't get as injured as Shaw. Is he that far removed off his prime ? He is without a club now, maybe it's worth a gamble
Yes, he's crap now. Jesus the nostalgia goggles on some United fans is terrifying now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He's bang average, dunno why people are still obsessed with him.
Mostly cos of 2010/11 and 2012/13?

With Ibra injured I'd have Chico back. He'll never be the main striker but he can come off the bench and make an impact or be used to give Lukaku rest. Plus he's not young so he wouldn't act as a blocker for Rashford.

jem

I'm not sure he would be an upgrade. I love Evra as much as the next United fan, but I felt he was in steady decline during his last years with us (I understand he played better in Italy, but then again, Darmian played very well there, and is apparently sought by some top Serie A teams.) I would, however, love to see Evra back as a coach.

Jaybomb

What faltering career? He was more than decent for Leverkusen and even did a good job for Madrid in limited appearances.

JK-27

Jose did say in the past there were Utd players who the previous management let go who he would never have let go, and Chico was on the list of players he would never have sold if he had been Utd manager at the time. Well Jose, you can have him back now if you want.

Acole9

Outstanding
The one that always baffles me is with Nani, I swear a lot of our fans would love to have him here still. Apart from one season he was always a one in ten player.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Jose did say in the past there were Utd players who the previous management let go who he would never have let go, and Chico was on the list of players he would never have sold if he had been Utd manager at the time. Well Jose, you can have him back now if you want.
I think the key part of that statement was "at the time". Also, he was also saying that in part to get one over on LvG who I think around the time of the comment was making comments about United's style of play under Mourinho.

Mourinho may well have kept some of the players shipped out (Rafael, Evra, Nani, Evans, Welbeck, Hernandez, etc.) for a bit longer, but it doesn't mean they'd still be here now.

Camilo

He's the average, slow, low skill player he was when he was here, just a little older. I'll be surprised if West Ham keep him past the summer.