Javier Hernandez | Sevilla player

SerenityValley

People often make stuff up to better suit their ingrained opinions too. He’s scored a lot of goals for one so average with such average movement.
147 domestic goals since July 2009, in 349 games.

Reasonably average, surely. Even Kevin Doyle had a good season or two. If calling him average is harsh, implying he’s great is surely over generous?

acnumber9

Reasonably average, surely. Even Kevin Doyle had a good season or two. If calling him average is harsh, implying he’s great is surely over generous?
That’s not far off 20 goals a season. For 8 years. For a player that’s often a sub. In the same time period Kevin Doyle has scored 48 goals in 247 games. At a lower level most of that time. You aren’t making a strong argument here.

I never implied he was great. I think he’s a good goal scorer with very good movement. You’re aware there is levels between average and great?

lsd

The Oracle

How is that average?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I want him back even if he turns to poop.

ZAGREB RED

Although he didn't ever score a goal quite as important, I always thought of him as a bit of a modern-day Solskjaer. A very handy player to have in your squad.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I liked him until we played against him in August. The diving, whinging little shit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him dive and whinge for us off the bench, if it's cheap, and if he wants to be the impact sub he was before, which he probably doesn't.

Edit: Actually scrap that. I didn't realise he was 29. When did that happen? He still looks about 15. As we all know, footballers pretty much die a gruesome death and are gone forever as soon as they hit 30, so we're better off steering clear. He's only got until June, and then it's RIP.

SerenityValley

That’s not far off 20 goals a season. For 8 years. For a player that’s often a sub. In the same time period Kevin Doyle has scored 48 goals in 247 games. At a lower level most of that time. You aren’t making a strong argument here.

I never implied he was great. I think he’s a good goal scorer with very good movement. You’re aware there is levels between average and great?
That’s not my argument. My argument is that he had ONE good season, like Hernandez.

And as much as you’d like to pretend that Hernandez is a 20 goal a season man, his average at Utd over 5 years was 7.

So, is an average of 7 a season for Utd average or not?

Edit, though I only counted his league goals there his average is 12 a season at Utd including all games. That’s an ok return. Not great though. Probably would be higher if he was onside now and then.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!

That’s a brilliant return for a player who spent much of his time on the bench at two of his clubs (United and Madrid).

When you consider that Wayne Rooney scored 183 in 393 in the league for United, all but two seasons as a consistent starter, generally in a functioning team littered with World Class talent...

Hernandez also only took part in 4 full seasons - his average goal tally in all games over those 4 is 14.75. You can’t argue that he was average - he was what he was, a brilliant game saving impact player.

acnumber9

That’s not my argument. My argument is that he had ONE good season, like Hernandez.

And as much as you’d like to pretend that Hernandez is a 20 goal a season man, his average at Utd over 5 years was 7.

So, is an average of 7 a season for Utd average or not?

Edit, though I only counted his league goals there his average is 12 a season at Utd including all games. That’s an ok return. Not great though. Probably would be higher if he was onside now and then.
The goal scoring figures of Hernández are not one of a player who had one good season. He scored 59 goals for United in four full seasons. Under Alex Ferguson it was 50 goals in three seasons. That’s a bloody good return for a player who was mostly a back up. Your stats and argument are nonsensical.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If Mourinho wants a poacher (as some reports suggest), if he does rate Hernandez as highly as his comments last year suggest and if Hernandez is happy with a lucrative bench role.....

Would be delighted to have him back.

PvsNP

Just found this video of all the PL goals he scored for us. Man, I miss him. Such a prolific goal poacher and a great guy. I'll never forgive LvG for how he ousted him.

IAmAWinner

Love his goal against Blackpool. VDS pinpoint pass to Giggs, and Giggs wonderful defence-splitting pass to Chicharito who finishes coolly. 1-2-3 and goal, so easy.
That game was another classic SAF comeback.

Ashley R1+O

<3 him. The more time goes on the more it was completely ludicrous that LVG was allowed bin him.

Bojan11

<3 him. The more time goes on the more it was completely ludicrous that LVG was allowed bin him.
Why?

Hardly set the world alight. Struggles to start for West Ham and was disappointing in his second season at Leverkusen.

He’s hardly been pulling up trees himself. West Ham looked more like scoring when he left the pitch.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Why?

Hardly set the world alight. Struggles to start for West Ham and was disappointing in his second season at Leverkusen.

He’s hardly been pulling up trees himself. West Ham looked more like scoring when he left the pitch.
Because he did very well at Leverkusen in his first season while we struggled for goals under LvGs 'keep ball but don't make any chances' philosophy.

Glad he got that reception. He'd be past it for us now but we definitely sold him too soon, he was a great player for us in his first few seasons.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Of course he's not past it - he's only 30. He'll still score plenty with a decent midfield to provide.

Negan

Would easily have him back as a backup. One of my favourite United players ever :drool: Legend.

JawZ

He could teach Martial a thing or two about off-ball movement to be honest...

RedDevil@84

Moyes having reserved spots for Welbeck totally killed his form. And when LvG started his philosophy, it went completely south. Could have got another 2-3 years from him at that time.

izec

People are very sentimental towards players that once were good but were sold for not being good enough to start. Chicharito and Rafael come to mind. They love the club, but both were not good enough to start the majority of the games here. Chicharito wanted to be a starter and moved on

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
People are very sentimental towards players that once were good but were sold for not being good enough to start. Chicharito and Rafael come to mind. They love the club, but both were not good enough to start the majority of the games here. Chicharito wanted to be a starter and moved on
We'd still be lining up with Rafael, Hernandez and Nani if it was up to people here. feck sure I bet they'd have Evra still going too.

arthurka

We'd still be lining up with Rafael, Hernandez and Nani if it was up to people here. feck sure I bet they'd have Evra still going too.
The problem is that they wouldnt be worse than some of the dross we field these days. Would rather have Rafael than Young and Hernandez than Lukaku.. Hell even Nani could be better than Lingard.
That is the sad state of our squad..

limerickcitykid

The problem is that they wouldnt be worse than some of the dross we field these days. Would rather have Rafael than Young and Hernandez than Lukaku.. Hell even Nani could be better than Lingard.
That is the sad state of our squad..
A guy who can't even hold down a spot at west ham over Lukaku. My point exactly.

arthurka

A guy who can't even hold down a spot at west ham over Lukaku. My point exactly.
No really isnt.. I dont like Lukaku's style at all so I think he could offer more with his movement and runs behind.. But nice from you to only pick him out as I did mention couple of others there as well..

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Rafael was better than any fullback we had ever since he was sold. Only Valencia comes close actually.

limerickcitykid

No really isnt.. I dont like Lukaku's style at all so I think he could offer more with his movement and runs behind.. But nice from you to only pick him out as I did mention couple of others there as well..
But you like Hernandez' style of barely touching the ball? His fantastic style that can't hold down a spot at West Ham? It is perfectly my point because he frankly isn't even fecking close to Lukaku and the fact anyone would even possibly pick Hernandez exemplifies the complete retardness of it.

You mentioned some others including a guy who spends half his time injured and hasn't held down a spot in Ligue 1 and a guy who has gone to MLS. Guys who should be nowhere near the club and rightly aren't. Hence the professional managers getting rid.

But nice from you to want us to bring back these players. Thank feck you don't run the club.

Rossa

Well, would Rafael be any worse than Young? Hernandez as a sub, absolutely. Nani is probably still better than any right winger have. We have none! That being said, at this stage we should have none of them, but it is a telling tale of our transfer business. All we're sold too soon and not properly replaced.

arthurka

But you like Hernandez' style of barely touching the ball? His fantastic style that can't hold down a spot at West Ham? It is perfectly my point because he frankly isn't even fecking close to Lukaku and the fact anyone would even possibly pick Hernandez exemplifies the complete retardness of it.

You mentioned some others including a guy who spends half his time injured and hasn't held down a spot in Ligue 1 and a guy who has gone to MLS. Guys who should be nowhere near the club and rightly aren't. Hence the professional managers getting rid.

But nice from you to want us to bring back these players. Thank feck you don't run the club.
Where did I say that?
Good to have people here who make up what we should have written..

Young is our right back and you are telling me Rafael wouldnt be playing, plus we bought Darmian for him. Nani is clearly better than Mata on the RW and the other none we have there. Last but not least our 75m striker who cant trap a ball, goes on a 20 game goal drought every season and has no positional sense what so ever. Vs a striker who worked his socks of for us, maked brilliant runs and given the chance put the ball in the back of the net. I might even argue that Lukaku will never play for Real Madrid that other guy did after we sold him.

There are even some crosses there from Rafael and Nani.

The point isnt to bring them back but we shouldnt have sold them in the first place without replacing them with better players.

But anyways have a nice one..

Luke1995

Sevilla signed him. Can see him having a similar impact to what he did at Leverkusen if the team's set-up is built around him.

Nico87

Just read that he took a 65% pay cut to join Sevilla from West Ham, loved him when he was here and should never have been forced out. Also seems to be in the minority of putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to asking to leave and not trying to force his club to subsidise his pay cut.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
I felt we ruined him by trying to get him to bulk up and be better with his back to goal. He lost that exceptional acceleration he had when he first joined us, we should have kept him as a Jamie Vardy.