Javier Hernandez | Sevilla player

Born2Lose

If only United had drawn a club from that weak league. Things would have been different in the Champions League. :nervous:
Well we scored 2 against the 3rd best Bundesliga team and could only manage one against a newly promoted team today.

Wolfsburg were the only team we played in the group that we didn't struggle to score more than one goal against.

LARulz

As depressing as it is to see him banging them in from our point of view, I wonder if he'd still be scoring a similar number for us. I doubt it. Bayer's style of play suits him, not ours.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Just the hat trick for the kid today. Since he left United Chico's scored 15, we've scored 12. Clearly didn't need him...
He's scored 17 for Leverkusen. And 1 for Mexico.

Livvie

Scout
As depressing as it is to see him banging them in from our point of view, I wonder if he'd still be scoring a similar number for us. I doubt it. Bayer's style of play suits him, not ours.
I think I'd rather we changed our style of play.

Do you seriously think it's good as it is?

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
People forget Hernandez wanted to leave for first team football and was tired sitting on the bench. He was never going to get that here, or at any top tier club for that matter. No one would have given him that guarantee ahead of Rooney and Martial at the start of the season.
He's miles better than Rooney and Falcao so why not? Still a better no 9 than Martial as well, he got all the potential in the world tho.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No chance he'd be scoring like that for us. He'd get dragged down to the same level as all our other attackers.

saivet

He would look awful here. Our style of play wouldn't suit him at all. It feels as though we need an elite level player to look half decent going forward.

RedStarUnited

I know it sounds silly considering what we are going through...but he is a Bayer level player not an Elite club player. Basically he is doing exactly what I thought he would do if he went to a team below the elite clubs and played week in/ week out.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He should be here and in the team. He might not be top class but he scores goals.

LARulz

I think I'd rather we changed our style of play.

Do you seriously think it's good as it is?
Where did I suggest that :confused: I just said that the way we currently play wouldn't allow him to give us the goals he's given Bayer. I have never once said I like the way we are playing right now

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He'd be getting a few goals like the Fellaini one today, clumsy finishing but who cares, i think with him in the side you'd have won a few of those 0-0s or at least scored and opened the game up a little more.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No chance he'd be scoring like that for us. He'd get dragged down to the same level as all our other attackers.
simple as that.

Martial is a better player, and is being forced to find scraps himself.

could you imagine Hernandez as a lone front man here? Would barely get a kick

jem

I think we're aspiring to be better than those teams, unfortunately the philosophy has happened. When Bayern sign him then I'll accept that maybe he was good enough for us.
Bayern had room for an ancient Claudio Pizarro on their team in recent years; I think Manchester United can find a space for Javier Hernandez. Hell, he was good enough for two SAF-led teams that won the Premiership.

acrebo

simple as that.

Martial is a better player, and is being forced to find scraps himself.

could you imagine Hernandez as a lone front man here? Would barely get a kick
Agreed, to an extent.

Martial is undoubtedly a better player and far better at creating chances, but he's not an instinctive finisher yet. We saw that with his scuffed shot after being gifted the ball. Hernandez would probably push defences deeper than Martial does, so would arguably create more space for our other players...

I'm mega-excited by Martial but he's not found his 'role' yet...

Eila

Question is, if he was still at United, would he be scoring the amount of goals hes scoring now? I can't see it.
He was unhappy and LVG didn't rate him so no, he would be getting trash minutes and probably have a goal or two.

acrebo

Question is, if he was still at United, would he be scoring the amount of goals hes scoring now? I can't see it.
No, but that's not the question really.

The question is "if he was still at United, would he be scoring more goals than our current crop of forwards?". I think the answer is yes - he'd damn sure be a better attacking substitution than Nick Powell.

DarkXaero

People can argue all they want about whether Chicharito's good enough for a top club or not (ironic really considering he helped us win the league), but the whole point is that as of now, he is a better goal scorer than anyone in our squad. We're basically relying on Martial and some wing play to get us goals. Chicharito is easily a better goal scorer than Martial, and we could use him badly right now. I understood why we sold him, he wanted to leave to get playing time, and his confidence just wasn't there anymore. But we absolutely should have bought a replacement then. LVG's ridiculous transfer window where he got rid of so many players, and failed to replace them is seriously costing us right now. We could even use RVP right now, that's how desperate we are.

Walters_19_MuFc

He was unhappy and LVG didn't rate him so no, he would be getting trash minutes and probably have a goal or two.
Even if he started every game under Van Gaal, I don't think he'd have the same amount of goals he's got now. Not because of him, but because we seem to create little chances under Van Gaal and play a style Javier wouldn't strive under, in my opinion.

DarkXaero

The question is "if he was still at United, would he be scoring more goals than our current crop of forwards?". I think the answer is yes - he'd damn sure be a better attacking substitution than Nick Powell.
Exactly. Even Falcao would be a better attacking substitution than Nick Powell.

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire

Well that's true. And so would RVP. And even Falcao.

But we all complained about these lads when they were misfiring and to be fair, most had no objections when they were shipped out. We're light up top and we should have added to the squad. But Hernandez was far from impressive over his last year with us, so whether he's hit a purple patch or the Leverkusen system just suits him, there's no point in pretending he'd be great for us now. He wasn't before he left and he wouldn't be now. And yes, that is, in part, because of LVG and the system we play.

Livvie

Scout
He would look awful here. Our style of play wouldn't suit him at all. It feels as though we need an elite level player to look half decent going forward.
:confused:

He didn't look awful in his first season.

Leverkusen won 5-1 today against a side which hadn't been defeated for three months.

I wish he was here to be awful for us.

Sam

Scored a hat trick in 13 minutes vs Borussia M'gladbach.
17 goals in 20 matches now (and 15 goals in the last 12). I believe it's his first club career hat-trick, too.

saivet

:confused:

He didn't look awful in his first season.

Leverkusen won 5-1 today against a side which hadn't been defeated for three months.

I wish he was here to be awful for us.
He was class that season. Under LVG however, he'd be pointless. I think he's a good player but under these conditions we play in, he would struggle imo.

Livvie

Scout
Well that's true. And so would RVP. And even Falcao.

But we all complained about these lads when they were misfiring and to be fair, most had no objections when they were shipped out. We're light up top and we should have added to the squad. But Hernandez was far from impressive over his last year with us, so whether he's hit a purple patch or the Leverkusen system just suits him, there's no point in pretending he'd be great for us now. He wasn't before he left and he wouldn't be now. And yes, that is, in part, because of LVG and the system we play.
Hernandez hardly had any opportunity to be impressive - how on earth can anyone judge him based on a handful of appearances when he wasn't able to develop any confidence or momentum.

Winrar

Scored a hat trick in 13 minutes vs Borussia M'gladbach.
17 goals in 20 matches now (and 15 goals in the last 12). I believe it's his first club career hat-trick, too.
how many goals has united as a whole scored for comparison?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Hernandez hardly had any opportunity to be impressive - how on earth can anyone judge him based on a handful of appearances when he wasn't able to develop any confidence or momentum.
Maybe not under LVG, I'll grant you that. But at United Hernandez had ample opportunity to impress and rarely did. Under Ferguson he grabbed some vital goals and proved himself a great finisher. After that, we weren't creating nearly as many chances and he was asked to do more than just finish chances and he often looked completely out of his depth. I'd have actually liked us to hold on to him, but there weren't too many on here crying when he left for Leverkusen.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's scored in every team he's been in no matter how they've played. His ratio has been better than 1 in 2 everywhere. I think it's pretty much nailed on that we'd be scoring more with him upfront, Martial and Depay to the sides and Mata behind him even in the current system.

Reactions: Livvie

Livvie

Scout
Maybe not under LVG, I'll grant you that. But at United Hernandez had ample opportunity to impress and rarely did. Under Ferguson he grabbed some vital goals and proved himself a great finisher. After that, we weren't creating nearly as many chances and he was asked to do more than just finish chances and he often looked completely out of his depth. I'd have actually liked us to hold on to him, but there weren't too many on here crying when he left for Leverkusen.
Too many just accept blindly what they are 'told'.

How many also said OGS was only any good as a sub - not based on their own conclusions, that's for sure. And then when he finally got his chance, he replaced Beckham on the right wing, and he and Ruud were the best strike partnership in terms of goals scored, since the 60s. Do people really believe that by some miracle he suddenly became good enough? He was always good enough.

Hernandez probably isn't the complete player. I'd happily take just the goal-scoring side of him.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I remember finding it weird that LvG sent a very hard-working and mobile striker like Hernandez away, considering he was such a fan of Ivica Olic at Bayern München. I wonder what changed in van Gaal's evaluation.